The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn shrugs as he reads the info that has come up from his searches. "Just because we haven't seen them, doesn't mean there aren't any," he says, matter-of-factly. "After all, one doesn't simply see the Force; yet one can see a Jedi use the Force to pick an X-wing up off its landing struts and move it across a hangar bay.

"You do have a point about it being a possible pinch point; however, it's also a possible selling point as well, as is having Tiny actually be seen as part of our group. It could either help us or hinder us, no matter how you slice it. The Peacers might give us a lot of credit if they see us supposedly having a member of the PDF in our pocket. They might suspect our true identity if they see an Esoomian working with us at all. There's simply no telling how it will play until we get there...unless, of course, the Force gives you some revelation about it."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Zinn pulls out his datapad, logging into the HoloNet, and searching for any Planetary Defense Force Academy curriculum he can find; he checks a number of planetary databases, figuring that perhaps at least part of the curricula might be obtainable as a long-distance course, for those who prefer to get the academic portions done before they go to the Academy for the physical aspects of the training.

ooc: no holonet access on base

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Essomians are not really law enforcement types to the best of my knowledge," Garolf says. "They tend to be used as bouncers and hired muscle, hired by local law enforcement on a case by case basis to throw at criminal orginizations and see what stirs. Dress one up as a law enforcement officer and you may be making them noticeably and suspicious."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn shrugs, displeased that he can't access the HoloNet. "Well then, we could outfit him as a merc; make him look badder than he is by getting him some armor or something, and he oughtta be able to go pretty much wherever he wants without too many beings having the stones to tell him he can't."
DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If armour features arms, gauntlets, could be padded to resemble arm to casual observer."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking across at Zinn, "Merc? Thats going to depend on where this all goes down. I grew up on Coruscant, and I can honestly say that some places a merc wouldnt have drawn a second glance. But in other areas, a merc would have drawn a LOT of unwanted attention." Anala takes a deep breath, "In order to make an informed decision on how we want to handle things, we need to know where we will be staging this assassination. If its a classy neighborhood, maybe a private secutiry person, or something similar. On the other hand, a bounty hunter, bouncer, or merc would fit in a lot better in a rougher neighborhood."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn nods. "Agreed. We're going to need to recon and decide where we're gonna pull this off. I'd just like to have a few good options ready so that, when we make the decision, we already have our shopping list set, which will reduce our set-up time."
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny frowns "I gotta be able to pretend to be thiff guy for a while. Got to be ffomeone I can do that with. I waff planning on playing dumber and hoping no-one tried to talk to me much."

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning her gaze to Tiny, "A homeless person!" Anala says with a hint of excitement. "We dirty Tiny up and give him some rags that can pass for clothes. Pour some cheap alcohol on him, . . . " Her smile spreads to touch her eyes, "People rarely acknowledge homeless people unless it is to toss them a few credit chips so they go away. In bad neighborhoods, they are the norm, and in good neighborhoods, people just ignore them that much harder. If you play dumb and drunk, no one will think anything of it."
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Iff that going to work when whe join the peaffe core?"

Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You wouldnt be passing yourself off as a homeless person at that point, if it comes up, we tell them the truth, you were disguised so you could mingle with the locals without drawing too much attention while acting as my spotter." She shruggs.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny nods "That ffeems like ffomething my diffguffe guy could do. He'ff ffimple but he can follow infftructionff. Uffed to be a trainer, till he got his arm exploded by a live grenade."

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods, "Simple, effective... not much to go wrong or draw suspicion."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ok, let me get this straight," Garolf says."You want to tell the Peace Brigade Tiny was your spotter? I trust just that part and not the part about faking Rownn's murder."

Garolf mulls it for a moment.

"Actually, that would get Tiny in as Anala partner. But we still need to get a second Wookiee, the one who Rownn will be taking the place of once he's "dead." At the moment that maybe the one hitch we have as we can figure out something for the rest of us."

Wanted Poster
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Eckmire said he's on that detail, and will include information on him in the locker when we arrive."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: