The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other then the Verpine who sees where she hides herself behind a desk in the back, no one sees the woman in the room when they enter.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn remains in the med bay until it is nearly time for the meeting. When he leaves, he stands and concentrates the Force about him, sensing how it flows through Tiny; confident that there will be no surprise problems in his absence, he nods to the giant suspended in fluid and heads out.

When he reaches the room he opens the door and clicks on the light. Seeing a Verpine already there, he pauses a moment and grunts a question, "Would you rather it off?" He waits for a response, then takes his own seat, having left the light on, or clicking it off, depending on the response.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During his time working in the med bay, Zinn always makes sure to check on Rownn. As his knowledge increases, he also starts checking Rownn's chart, matching what he sees there to what he's been learning. During the very rare moments when he sees Rownn out of his meditations, Zinn uses the opportunity to practice his burgeoning understanding of Shirywook. He even has some discussions with Garolf and some of the other officers on board who have seen combat; he asks them questions about inspiring those under their command, and works on learning some important lessons about command.

When the summons comes from Garolf, Zinn heads for the assigned meeting room. When he enters, he immediately turns the lights on to illuminate the room for everyone. Upon seeing the Verpine, he stops momentarily, then says, "Hello there. I'm Zinn Valimar; my unit just received a summons to this room for a meeting. Are you being assigned to us?" He asks the question because he knew there was supposed to be a new assignment or two, but knew nothing about who was coming. He didn't want to be rude, but was prepared to ask the Verpine to leave if he wasn't a new squad member.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf gathers up his datapad and checks the chronometer in his quarters. He can see he'll be two or three minutes late to the meeting, a meeting he himself called. He'd spent a bit much time going over things after his shower, looking back over Anala's file and looking over the mission briefing. A mission that wasn't heavily accepted when it was first given to the team. Now things are worse on the mission. Rylah's left the team, Orrallyn's leaving the team, Jo is questionable whether he'll still be on the team, and the question of Tiny's fate. At the moment that just leaves Rownn, Zinn, and himself from the original team. Thankfully Anala has been assigned to the team so if Tiny is sentenced to life in prison or to death then no one will be without a partner for this mission.

But who does should she be paired with? She's new to the team, but she's also human. He'd suggested Zinn and Jo being paired because they are human and that would be less likely to attract notice for the two of them going in. Of course Jo is old enough to be Zinn's father and that would be noticed, but that's not an uncommon sight. Folks of considerably different ages working together. So it wouldn't raise as much notice as if he himself had paired with Zinn. Hadn't folks notice when General Solo, Garolf had to correct himself as Solo was no longer a General in the New Republic military, and Chewbacca had entered a location when the latter was still alive? Beings, especially humans, tended to take notice of a human with a non-human. And Anala could be paired with Zinn but with her being new he wasn't sure if he wanted to watch her himself on her first mission with the team. Especially after she'd swiped his rank insignia. It's good she has that talent, but if someone catches her it could be trouble. But at the same time if Tiny doesn't return then that means either teaming Rownn with Zinn or teaming with Zinn himself. With Zinn's desire to become a Jedi he wonders how Rownn would take that.

Still there's the matter of Tiny to worry about first. He'll consider things, go over them with Rownn before really thinking about who is pair with whom. And if Tiny does return they'll be an assured five members on the team, should there be one group of three and one pair or two pairs and a solo operative?

Garolf arrives at the meeting room three minutes late, figuring that Rownn and Zinn will have had the chance to get to begin knowing Anala. He doesn't look up as he enters the room

"I take it the two of you have been aquinting yourself with Lt. Sehn?" Garolf says, looking at his datapad. "Lt. Valimar, you haven't hit on her too much I trust?"

Garolf looks up and frowns at the individual in the room with Rownn and Zinn. A Verpine? No one had sent him a file on a Verpine being assigned to the team. And where in the name of the Core was Anala? She'd been quite prompt to meet with him earlier and now she's going to be late to this meeting.

"Excuse me, but who in the twin suns of Tatooine are you?" Garolf asks the mystery Verpine. "And has anyone seen a young human female?"

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn looks up, startled. "Um, excuse me, sir?" He then looks around the room, wondering what the deuce Garolf is talking about.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing her best to be subtle, Anala uncurls from her hiding place (Sneak 6D, Stealth Suit 2D). Leaning lightly against the desk, with a friendly smile on her face, "Been here the whole time." She says softly.
DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without standing or making eye contact, the Verpine speaks.

"Takii Zatak. Combat engineer, New Republic commandos. Also proficient sniping, medicals, demolitions, forest survival. Verpines known for machinery; I have a gift. Assigned to work with you people. Aliens? Not expected; was expecting humans. Will have to review biology."

With that, Takii removes a weapon scope from his bag and begins conducting minute adjustments to it.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn looks back and forth between the Verpine and the woman that has just revealed her presence. "We're getting more than one addition to the team?" he asks, doing his best to hide both being startled and being angry with himself for not having seen her. Looking her way, he adds, "I have GOT to get one of THOSE!"
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf looks mildly annoyed with Anala.

"Lt. Sehn, is this another instance of proving your non-martial skills to others?" He asks mildly.

Then he turns to the other new team member

"Unexpected? General Hovegrold sent me a message about Lt. Sehn's addition to this team. To my current awareness I have not recieved a message about your addition, though I admit I have been a bit busy and if the message was recieved it may have been so recieved while I was in the shower. Or it hasn't been sent yet. Wouldn't be the first time someone in command pulled that.

"Combat engineer you say? So you're a spectech. Interesting. First a wraith and now a spectech. Beginning to feel like old times here."

Garolf catches both Anala and Takii's eye before he points to Rownn and then to Zinn.

"Jedi Rownn, Sub-Lieutenant Zinn Valimar. Jedi Rownn and Lt. Valimar have been a part of this team since it's inception and have seen action at Dantooine and Perconia. They certainly did more than their part in holding off an assualt of what should have been overwhelming numbers on a base filled with civilians. Kept the scarheads out of the base."

He then nods to Rownn and Zinn before pointing to Anala and Takii. Takii's already introduced himself so there's really no need to introduce him again. But there is a matter of decorum Garolf feels needs to be observed, at least on names.

"Second Lieutenant Anala Sehn and apparently Takii Zatak. You gentlemen already know a little about Mr. Zatak. Lt. Sehn is trained as an infiltrator and sniper. Until recently she was serving in the 87th Recon Division and during that time she found herself engaged with the scarheads. General Cathy Hovegrold assigned her to the team."

Wanted Poster
DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takii focuses intently on his work during all the introductions, although looks up to scrutinize Sehn at the words 'infiltrator and sniper.'

During the pause, he remarks offhandedly: "For accuracy, I will offer slight elaboration on common misconception. Most of my people are nongendered as other races understand them. For communication I use male pronoun and honourific. No further discussion necessary."

His attention again taken up by the piece of hardware he is holding, Takii offers one final comment. "Have yet to engage Vong directly. Looking forward to updating their definition of 'pain' as positive."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Garolf addresses her about her display, Anala shruggs, looking a little emberassed.

Hearing Takii's comment about the Vond updating their defination of 'pain', Anala cant help but smile a little bit
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Anala reveals herself, Rownn raises a brow with an imperceptible nod of appreciation. It was impressive that she remained undetected in the room all that time... it also meant he was complacent here on the fleet, and letting his guard down and not paying attention to the ebb and flow of the Force, or perhaps he's just been too focused on particular eddies lately. Either way, it's time he changed that.

He notes the list of capabilities Takii presents, noting their prior lack within the group... and considers how yet another unusual alien is going make their last offered mission even more difficult. The fact that his presence here was not expected by Garolf is a little disconcerting, but Rownn has also learned that sometimes you roll with what you're given. Everything is likely in order, but, vigilance is always wise.

As Garolf introduces him, Rownn offers a nod to the two newcomers. With the commend of proving one's skills, directed towards Anala, Rownn is sent on a tangential rumination on the apparent need of many beings to prove their worth, even when such proofs are not required, and, in some cases, may even be detrimental to their standing; pride is a strange creature, and a dangerous one if mishandled. He considers how the pride of each individual in the room shapes them and influences how they behave, even in mundane instances, his own issues with pride, as well as those of Garolf and Zinn have been well established in the past two missions, and even in the brief time he's spent with the two newcomers, the avenues in which their pride drives them are fairly clear...
recognizing his lapse, Rownn gives his head a little shake and returns his attention more fully to the meeting at hand.

Rownn trills a quiet response, "The Yuuzhan Vong are not to be taken lightly... nor should be the propensity to cause pain."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: Garolf is able to translate for Rownn at this point - he is fully fluent

Garolf's PDA beeps at this point indicating an incomming message. When he decides to read it it contains the following text:

***** Message Begins *****
To: Major Garolf Kai, special assignment
Subject: New assignment to your team

Major Kai,

Sorry for the late message, I understood you were introducing a new member today, so I rushed the paperwork for a new assignment to your squad. Lieutennant Takii Zetek just finished his previous assignment and can use a bit of down-time. He will officially be assigned to your team in 2 weeks time, but for now he is "off duty" but getting to know your team. Unofficially you are his CO now, but officially it is his previous CO, a Colonel Hardwick. Colonel Hardwick is aware of his new assignment, and is ok with the premature unofficial transfer.

With the departure of a few of your members, and the addition of new ones, you should be able to alter your species profile such that a covert infiltration should be much easier using disguises instead of leaving in disgrace.

In two weeks time (ooc: week after the trial) you will be assigned to a base in the Aphran system (ooc: See ch 8 of rebel stand) for your final training and relaxation prior to mission start. I will be meeting you upon your arrival there for final mission planning.

Please let me know if you need any further information sir,

Lieutenant Eckmire

***** Message Ends *****

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jedi Rownn says the scarheads aren't to be taken lightly," Garolf translates for Anala and Takii. "Nor should one take lightly the ability to cause pain."

The Garolf's datapad signals an incoming message. He takes it out and looks over the message, nodding to himself. Looking up Garolf moves over to Rownn and shares the message on his datapad with him, making certain only Rownn can see it. Once Rownn has finished reading Garolf turns his attention to the others in the room.

"First I'd like to say they finally mentioned Lt. Zetek being assigned to the team.... in two weeks time. Currently they are in down time and unofficially a member of our team, offically being a member of Colonel Hardwick's command.

"Lt. Eckmire seems to think the change in make-up of the team will make it easier for us on the mission, using disguise rather than the original idea of disgarce. Lt. Sehn, Lt. Zetek, out mission is to infiltrate a group aligning themselves with the scarheads. Perhaps you may have heard of them, perhaps not. They call themselves the Peace Brigade. They started out as just advocating peace with the scarheads. Now they may be doing more, they may very well be collaborating with the scarheads. We don't have much intel on these collaborationist and intelligence wants us to go undercover and get it.

"We leave in two weeks for the Aphran system to finalize training prior to the start of the mission. Lt. Eckmire will meet us there for a final mission breifing. Is there anything anyone needs in the way of information for this mission?"

He then turns to Rownn and Roth

"Tiny's hearing is in one week. We really should start getting ready for that. Maybe if we can convince them to let Tiny remain on the team we can go into this mission with six members instead of five."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn looks down as Garolf mentions he and Rownn's having done 'more than their part' in the battle on Perconia; he's not proud of what happened down there. They just did what they had to do in order to protect the civilians, and to make it out alive.

When Garolf mentions the changed parameters of the mission, Zinn says, "I'm glad they were able to work it so we didn't have to use the 'disgraced' angle; I'd just as soon not have to try and work back from that once we were done."

As Garolf mentions Tiny, Zinn replies, "I hope he can stay on the team; I get the feeling it would do him the most good."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22

Jump to: