The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They'll probably want the team to speak on Tiny's behalf," Garolf says, looking at Zinn. "Deliver some long, eloquent speech about how he should not recieve the death sentence and how we need him on the team. With Orrallyn leaving us, Rylah's transfer, and......"

Garolf visibly swallows and to Rownn and Zinn he looks slightly distraught at the idea but goes on with it.

".....Jo has memory loss it looks like it will just be the three of us who can offer Tiny any assisstance."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn sees Garolf swallow as he talks about Tiny and Jo. Zinn's face falls as he learns about Jo's condition; visibly swallowing as well, he replies, "I'm not one for flowery speeches...but I'll do my best, sir."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We don't have much intel on these collaborationist and intelligence wants us to go undercover and get it." Garolf says.

"We leave in two weeks for the Aphran system to finalize training prior to the start of the mission. Lt. Eckmire will meet us there for a final mission breifing. Is there anything anyone needs in the way of information for this mission?" Garolf finishes.

Listening intently, Anala tries to remember anything she can think of that may be relevant to the mission, "I have a few questions," She waits until she knows she has his attention before continuing, "One, where are we going?" She pauses for a second, "In other words, are there any environmental, or social factors we should take into account when preparing for the mission?"

"Two," Anala continues, "what is our cover story going to be? And can I get a copy of that cover so I can start memorizing the file? Are we going in as individuals? Teams? Or an entire unit?"

"Three. Condiering that we are going under cover, I'm guessing that standard issue, New Republic arms and uniforms arent going to be acceptable? I take it that any replacement gear we might need is going to be covered? If not, I'd like to know so I can do a little shopping around."

"And four, what kind of training are we going to receive at the Aphran system?"
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf nods to Zinn before turning to Anala

"At the moment we don't know much, and I will be quite honest I am not very pleased with what we don't know," Garolf replys. Anala notes he doesn't say so sheepishly as most beings would when asked a question they can't answer. Instead he sounds more than a little annoyed and as he goes on she begins to get the feeling he's annoyed with command. "First law of Harlsen's Laws of Functional Military Intelligence `limited intelligence reports are inadequate.' At the moment this team is operating with limited intelligence reports. We should hopefully recieve more on our mission in the Aphran system, including where we are going. In the original breifing we were to meet with a Coynite mercenary named As’Rais Har’Torek, that may have changed, maybe not. But the original plan was for us to go on a mission we were to deliberately botch, bombing NR supplies in the process so as to earn a dishonorable discharge. That cover story was something we were not looking forward to, even if there was some file detailing that it was a part of an intelligence op. We were running the risk of being pursued for the rest of our lives by military poliece forces to bring us in and put us against a wall before a firing squad.

"Of course that was also when we were looking at a completely different makeup for the team. Your and Lt. Zetek's addition to the team alters the species profile of the team and should make it easier for us to go under cover. The teams exploits are just a little too public, especially after that wonderful," everyone in the room notes how heavily his voice drips with sarcasm as he says wonderful, "award cermony the team recevied for actions on Perconia. So very nice of the Chief of State to be present and bring dignitaries and holorecording crews with him so we were well seen through out the Republic."

He then nods to Rownn.

"Jedi Rown did suggest that we don't go in as a team but in pairs, which I tend to agree with. And even with the change in team make-up it seems a good idea still. Though at the moment there are five of us, perhaps in a week's time we'll be assured of a sixth member. A member of the team who is current looking at having their fate decided in a military trial. If they should be found guilty then we'll be looking at it being the five of us, so we either go in one trio and one pair or two pairs and one individual.

"Jedi Rownn and myself can dye our fur to hide distiguishing marks to further add to our disguise. The question will just be how we'll be divided."

Wanted Poster
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods, "With the changes to the team, the split may not be as necessary. However, if Tiny is to remain a part of the team, I think a split is still a good idea, particularly the three of us." Rownn makes it clear that he means himself, Garolf and Tiny. "Orallynn and Rylah's leaving, in particular, helps mask our identities, despite the loss to the team. But, the three of us are still an unusual combination of friends."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: talks seemed to be mostly stalled, will be moving this to post trial Friday.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: Sorry for the delay in my posting; been busy the last couple days))

Zinn nods at the disguise notes that are being discussed. "In addition, as you can see, I've started letting my hair grow out." He reaches up and rubs the stubble atop his normally clean-shaven head. "I'll grow a goatee and mustache as well; which will help disguise me. I mentioned it before, but I think it's worth repeating: the more of us who can acquire helmets, the better we'll be disguised. If you want, sir, I'll check with Requisitions to see if that's a possibility. Also, any armor they can part with will help further blend us in...that, or make us stand-outish enough that we'll be overlooked as members of this team.

"By the way, sir...will there be any air cover opportunities for me on this mission, or are we going to be strictly dirtside? It's not that I'm itching to fly again, I just need to know so I can start putting in requests for a new ship and astromech." His face falls slightly at the memory of Banshee.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf nods at Rownn.

"That would probably be the way to go. Still, I am concerned about the new members of the team. I've had a chance at least to get a feel for Lt. Sehn's martial abilities. She's choosen to demonstrate some of her other abilities, but I'm more concerned with what happens if we get into a fight, especially if that fight gets in close. She is a pretty good shot and just barely beat out my own range record, but her abilities in melee and unarmed are fairly par for basic level of training. As for Lt. Zetek's I have no idea of his martial abilities."

Garolf holds up a hand before Rownn can point out he didn't know anything about the teams ability to fight before Dantooine.

"I know, there was no demonstration's before our first mission on any of our martial prowess. I've known Jo since before Endor and knew what he was capable of. And I did ask about if others could fight as you'll recall. But since that time we've all been able to demonstrate we can handle ourselves. My concern right now is their new to the team and perhaps I'm just feeling concerned for their safety. I'd also like to see what they've got in the field."

He then turns his attention to Zinn

"Whiskers used to be standard issue for ground troops in the Alliance army for you humans, especially in SpecForce," Garolf says. It's clear he's not trying to insult humans from the way he says it. "And if you couldn't grow a beard then long hair with beards was standard issue. Oh the mud foots were told they could shave after particular ops even though most troopies never did while in the field. Good reason for it. Imp regs demanded their troops be clean shaven and well groomed at all times. And our infiltrators checked for facial hair or long, braided hair when they went to cross over into enemy territory. Or to see if you weren't human as it was so uncommon to encounter non-humans in the Imp military. Had some buddy of mine get the biggest scare of his life back when I was a mud foot before entering SpecForce training, one of those wraiths felt his face in the middle of the night for his stubble. Can't see or hear them coming and you think it might be an Imp or something worse. And they just give you a reassuring whisper in your ear before moving forward that you'll live for a few more hours. That's why whenever you do see one of those extremely few field holos of Alliance forces in the field you always see the army troops with at least stubble on their faces or long hair while at ceremonies their clean shaven and well groomed.

"If you think it will help disguise you, go for it. But on the helmets and armor, ever want to know what a stormtrooper or armored bounty hunter looks like under their helmet? Helmets and armor can help blend in, but they can also cause a bit of curiousity too. If you want to go that route, then see if you can. Just remember that it could also make others want to know what you look like underneath. And at them moment they probably won't know that Lts. Sehn and Zetek even exist but you, Rownn, and I do. And Rownn and I can change our markings to change our appearance.

"As for whether or not there will be a chance to fly, we'll find out in the Aphran system. If so, maybe you'll be assigned an A-wing and won't need an astromech."

Wanted Poster
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods, "Remember this is a civilian "advocacy" group. You've all spent most of your time with military or paramilitary type groups, people walking around in armour and helmets is not that common among regular folk. Showing up with your head covered, and/or armour will probably put these people ill at ease, or, like Garolf says, make them curious. Think about that choice, its pros and cons, carefully."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn says, "Point well-taken. However, if they are collaborating with the enemy, then there very well could be more combat in our future. It might not be a bad idea to see if we can requisition the gear anyway; we don't have to meet them wearing it, nor do we need to even let them know we have it. If we end up in a light fight, however, it'll be nice to have some protection available. I'll talk to Requisitions after we're done here; if you would give me a list of everyone who wants some gear, we'll see what we can do. And I know I said it before, but I have GOT to get one of those suits!" He points to Sehn, indicating the Shadowsuit she is wearing.
DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takii shifts uncomfortably. "Idea of leaving behind my tools is... uncomfortable. Leaving behind rifle is unthinkable; rare and valuable, can't be trusted in non-expert hands; and too unusual to blend in easily. Field requisition impossible."

Takii appears uncomfortable with speaking; his gaze shifts back and forth across the listeners, and when finished he shrinks back into his chair and begins polishing the lens.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why?"" Garolf asks Zinn.

"Is something wrong, Lt. Zetek," Garolf asks when Takii finishes speaking, looking a bit concerned.

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anala listens to the conversations around her, paying particular attention to the exchange that Garolf is involved in. When Zinn points at her shadowsuit, Anala gives a playful little smile, "This little old thing?" Motioning at the shadowsuit, "I picked it up during my first tour of duty."

Glancing at Garolf, "I'm more than willing to work on my melee and hand-to-hand as time allows," Her gaze shifts to Zinn, "Especially if I have someone to spar with?"
DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
"Is something wrong, Lt. Zetek," Garolf asks when Takii finishes speaking, looking a bit concerned.

"Unused to public speaking. Generally I just fix things."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This isn't public speaking," Garolf tells Takii. "Too few being present for that. But if you feel more at ease fixing things then I believe the beings here will understand."

His gaze shifts to Anala. Was she flirting with Zinn?

"Great," Garolf thinks to himself. "Romances between teammates don't always work out well. Just have to see what happens. Might need to have a talk with both of them, or have Rownn do it. Hopefully not."

"Well see what time there is for training once we get to the Aphran system," Garolf tells her.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 5 of 22

Jump to: