The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Destiny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Star Wars Destiny
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Star Wars Destiny Reply with quote

Episode III: A new Beginning

A Long Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far Far Away

Three Decades before the Galactic Republic, that despite it's High Ideals and Good Intentions had became too Large and Ancient to continue moving froward and it's resolve to do at times the unfortunately necessary things had gone untested by long centuries of peace and prosperity. In the long forgotten places Dark Forces coalesced and spreed their corruption through the unsuspecting Republic that after a decade long series of crises erupted in to the Clone Wars that rocked Known Space to it's very core and allowed the Head of State to stage a Coup and abolish the collected Sentient Races greatest political achievement, a Democracy that had served it's citizens well for untold generations. From the Dark Fires that Consumed the Republic the Empire did rise that has become as Terrible as the Republic was once Magnificent.

But a brave few have held on to the Ideals that once made the Republic the most Worthy Thing and passed them on to their children, and along with others who have suffered at the Empires hands have banded together to form a Rebel Alliance to try and free the Galaxy from the Empires unjust rule. after long years the first substantial Rebel victories have bean won. On Alderaan many of the Heroes of the Old Republic who have bean in hiding since the end of the Clone Wars have again bean called together to help bring the Rebellion to it's next stage, among them are many of the almost extinct Jedi Order that once served as Peacekeepers in the Old Republic. These Heroes who have lived in secret waiting on the day they would be called on once again have had to leave behind families they started in their years in exile, often telling them little if anything of their Pasts or their Futures. Some of their loved ones out of concern have followed them out in to the wider worlds to discover their fates or to aid them in their tasks.

Act I: Money Troubles
Sean's I-IV

the GM used a modified version of the short adventure of the same name from the 2e Core Book. The PC's are siting around at an open air cafe in the city square, office blocks and civic buildings surround us on most approaches, though a stretch on one side opens on to Mall and on an other side a Park, when all of a sudden a pair of armored figures walk up with guns drawn and say "Don't Move", from what I can gather every one except the "Not a Smuggler" had good reason to expect "Not Nice People" wanting to find them and have a "Chat" with them, so in classic Action Movie fashion we upended the table and drew our guns. My "Not a Jedi" rolled 30 something for Inish and actually beat the Bounty Hunters who already had their guns out, I stunted one in to unconsciousness and scored a "Stun" on the 2nd, he shot up our table that was now serving as cover before taking two more "Stuns" (this time Lethal Damage) from the other characters and was KO'ed, A third BH that was about 20m behind them opened fire in the next round, as did the guy hiding behind the Civic Art thingie with the Rifle an other 10m behind him. my shots started going wild but the other PC's KO'ed BH3 with "Stun" results on there damage and the guy with the Rifle Slagged our table and a Skiff with two more BH's (a Driver and a Gunner) flew in at about three stories up the Gunner opened up in to the crowd with his Repeating Blaster. next round I stunned the Sniper in to unconsciousness and the rest of the party ineffectually opened up on the Skiff, Blaster Bolts impacting the Armor, I was running for the snipers position as the Skiff pulled back and up to about five stories, we where all taking potshots at this point, all just impacting the armor, the few aimed shots for the Gunner or Driver where either missing or impacting the Skiff that was acting as partial cover. took me a few rounds but I got to the Rifle, I picked it up set it to Stun and nailed the Driver, the Skiff went out of control and rammed in to an office block.

The PC's Scarpered up the Mall and in to a Cab. The Cabbie Droid must of taken the scenic rout because by the time we made it to the Starport and collected out bags the Bounty Hunters where already at the "Not a Smuggler's" ship. Another short Gunfight later the BH's where unconscious again, we striped them bare and chained them to a safety barrier and made for the Black.

Just as we where about to hit the Hyper Limit our friends the Bounty Hunters where back this time in a ship, and Boy where they Ticked Off, they wanted their stuff back and where promising to do all kinds of "Not Nice" things to us before they handed the "Not a Smuggler" over to his loan-shark, space Battle ensued, by the end of it the "Maru" had taken two "Light Damage" hits and the BH's where Space Dust.

During the time at Hyperspeed we all sat around telling lies and half truths to each other as a kind of getting to know you session, I told them my Character was a Med Student (true) but left out that I'd bean trained as a Force Adept by my Jedi Father. the Saber Rake said he was out in the wider Galaxy seeking Fortune and Adventuere, leaving out the part where he killed some one just a little too important in a Duel back home. the Kewi looking bloke that moved like a soldier was strangely quiet. And out Pilot tried to talk us in to helping him find out why the Bounty Hunters where saying he was in arrears with his Financier when he was ment to have three months Grace up his sleeve.

Edit: I should point out I was totally useless in the 2nd gunfight, not hitting a thing for five rounds before ending up Mortally wounded at the end of round Five, I know the GM Fudged the dice to keep my character alive in round 8 and the Med-pack roll back on the ship

Last edited by DB 2.0 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Act I: Money Troubles
Sean's V-VIII

We arrived at "Space Veges" and the "Not a Smuggler" talked us in to accompanying him to his Info source, because his "Loan Company" wouldn't be open till "Morning", when we got to the Info Guys place it turned out to be a PG version of a strip joint. Almost dressed Feminine looking members of various races danced on small stages scattered amongst the tables, in the sports bar Swoop & Pod Racing along with Shock Boxing and some game show where Joe Average had to blast more unarmed Clone Wars Surplus Battle Droids than the other idiots he was competing against in an allotted time or they ran out of Droids where all playing on the big screens.

turns out quite a few clients of the "Loan Company" that are normally very careful about making sure their repayments are up to date have bean going in to default and ending up on the wrong end of a blaster, wile the "Not a Smuggler" was talking to the bartender the rest of the party was at a near by table meant to be watching his back, but the Saber Rake was busy chanting up the waitress, when she went to get our drinks I sad to him"You now your girlfriend is the male of the species" (was to I'd made an unskilled "Alien Species" roll).

After we left the bar we had our blasters lifted and where forced in to an alley, we where being held up with our own guns, the Saber Rake and I pulled our Laser Swords, where the Solider and "Not a Smuggler" pulled the Holdout Blasters we'd taken from the first lot of bounty hunters. the Rake started cutting guys down with his Lightfoil, I was parrying Blaster Bolts, the "Not a Smuggler" was rapid firing and the Soldier had the John Woo thing going. But Holdout Blasters and Lightfoils are a losing propistion against heavy body armor, after six rounds two players where down to only one bounty hunter so I stopped my "Full Defense" lightsaber parries and cut down two guys in two rounds I went back to the full defense and told the last BH to "Drop your Guns, All of them, Leave or Die, come back for your friends once we go". After Medpacks all round (even for the BH's that where still alive) we looted the BH's picked up our guns and headed back to the ship where there was some doctoring and the "Not a Smuggler" formulated a plan to kidnap a Astromech Droid and use it to Splice the "Loan Companies" computers.

In the small hours we broke in to the "Loan Company" office and found three sets of books, one that covered the actual repayments made by borrowers, an other fake set that showed that folks where using up there "Grace periods" they earned by making over-payments and taking Charters from the Company, and a third set that showed how much the manager was pocketing, after making copies we headed back to the ship, did a partial memory wipe on the Droid we'd borrowed and made a run for the Hyper Limit, but before we got there a customs patrol tried to stop us after dodging some fire we jumped early.

on the way to tell Mr J. Hutt of Tatooine that one of his senior staff was cooking the books on him we told each other more about ourselves, mostly half truths but we corrected some false assumptions and retracted some of the more obvious lies, when we arrived at Tatooine a day and a half later we almost ran in to a YT-1300 that was being chased by a pair of Star Destroyers.

and that's where Act One and our first session ended.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Act II: Amongst Pirates of the Outer Rim

Seen I-III

We landed in Mos Eisley and where instantly rousted by the Stormies, they found nothing untoward, only "R" piece of equipment to be found was the "Not a Smugglers" Blaster Pistol, everything else was stashed in the Scanner Proffed Smugglers hold, after a bit of Business about town we where off to Anchorhead, the was off to see the Bloated One and I was trying to track down Ben Kneobi. But at Anchorhead I found out that Ben had taken a trip off world just days ago.

So I tagged along to Jabba's Palace like the rest of the party where, the "Not a Smuggler" explained to Jabba about how he was making his repayments but they had bean stolen by the Front Guy and handed over the proof, Jabba in his mercy took all the "Not a Smugglers" money and had him beaten severely in his gratitude fro bring this to his attention and informed him that he still owed 20K.

A few day's later the "Not a Smuggler" was still getting over his beating and the rest of us over hearing about Alderaan when one of Jabba's guys came to us and said they had tracked down the guy that had stolen from Jabba, and since Fett was occupied with the Solo matter we where going to be given 48 hours head start on the Bounty Notice and we where even told where the thief was hanging out, with Pirates that worked for a competing Syndicate, if we where to bring him in the "Not a Smuggler" would be forgiven half his outstanding debt.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the GM Modified "The Pirates of Prexiar" for the 2nd half of this act

Sean IV-IX

their was a day and a bit of travel, healing was done, as was Training and a bit of tinkering, in short a bunch of Characterization RP, also I picked out some new armor from our Loot, since my Blast Vest got scraged in the 2nd fight of Act I.

After traveling to the far part of the sector to get to the Pirate hideout where our guy was hold up, upon reaching the Planetary system we set the ship to very low power (minimal life support, Passive Sensors and not much else) and did a couple of orbits running Passive Scans to find the Pirate Base and get overhead maps of it.

We then landed a ways away and humped through the forest to the northern fence line, a few hundred meters out the Solider rigged a really big tree with Det-Cord so we could bring it down as a detraction when we cut out way in. When the time came we felled the tree and used my UCT to open a hole in the fence near a pile of creates that where partially unloaded from the Pirates ship. Wile the "Not a Smuggler" hot wired a Skiff the rest of us sneaked under their ship stooping only long enough to let the Soldier rig a RC Thermal Detonator to one of the ships landing struts.
we then snuck along the side of a warehouse (dropping an other RC Thermal Detonator through a window) to get to the pirate leaders house, and we burst in Heavy Blasters (set to Stun) blazing, we moved room by room till we found our guy, we then Flex Cuffed and Head Bagged him and forced him out to the Skiff we had just ripped off, we then tore @$$ out the main gate tossing a couple of canisters wrapped in Det-Cord through the open doors of the 2nd warehouse, once we cleared the compound we triggered the explosives, Pirate Ship fall down and go Boom and the Warehouses where well alight.

this was when the GM crunched up a couple of sheets of notes that we later found out where his big chase seens that we had just ruined by geting a little happy with the Ecplosives, we inadvertently rubbed it in by doing a flyover of the Pirate Base and shot up the base and crippled ship.

an other Travel Seen on the way back to Tatooine and back to Jabbas Palace to hand over out prize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: