The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Temple: Training Grounds
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> Jedi Temple: Training Grounds Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking back into a brisk jog, Revv heads straight for the Council Chambers. When the large double doors come into view, he slows to a walk, a thin layer of sweat covering his body. As he steps into the chaimbers, he sees the three Jedi Masters currently at the Temple assembled, speaking quietly between themselves. Other than the three Jedi Masters, he realizes that he is the first to arrive.

Side by side, Garren and Zela walk together to the Council Chambers, talking between themselves on their way. As they arrive, they see the three Jedi Masters currently at the Temple talking quietly between themselves. Just inside the large double doors stands another figure, a fellow Padawan.

Mishi steps from the branch, catching it on his way down and using his momentum to swing himself. Releasing his grip at the apex of his swing, he arcs through the air, landing softly on the ground several feet away. As he makes his way toward the Council Chambers, he finds himself walking a short distance behind two other Padawans.

Freshly showered, Gryphon hurries towards the Council Chambers. By the time he arrives, there are already several people present, including the three Jedi Masters currently at the temple and four other Padawans. All eyes turn to him as he slips into the room.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garren smiles at Zela’s obvious awkwardness.

“Nice to meet you, Zela. My name’s Garren; I’d be happy to walk you to the council chamber.”

He offers her his arm.

“You needn’t worry about giving me anything in return, Ms. Zela. I’d some time to kill this morning while waiting for a later engagement, and just thought I’d give it to the lovely vision that’d entered the garden. Allowing me the pleasure of your company, ma’am, is repayment enough.”

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Gryphon enters the Council chambers, he notices as everyone's attention turns to him. He takes a few steps into the chamber proper and bows at the waist to the Masters assembled.
Zela
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zela looked at the arm Garren offered and having read somewhere about a custom where men and women laid their arms on each other when walking together, she confidently laid her hand palm up on his arm.

As they walked she felt a bit flustered at the compliments. No one had ever said such things to her before, on Zelos she’d been treated more like a plague carrier than a young woman.

“I couldn’t possibly accept a gift without giving something in return,” she said. “That would be bad-luck!” To bring bad-luck upon such a nice young man… She shook her head at the thought.

“I could make you something. I can make many powerful items that will bring you the best of luck,” she said proudly.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishi’peshu keeps his distance from the two Jedi getting familiar with one another. He does his best to shadow them without being noticed, while staying within earshot of their conversation. He follows immediately behind them as they enter the council chambers and cuts to the back right corner to stay out of sight.

OOC: Sneak + Perception to keep an eye on them.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Bad Luck, huh? I would think there is either a great deal of gift giving where you come from, or none at all.”

Garren chuckles a bit.

“Well, we wouldn’t want that; you’ll have to look me up when you’ve finished your assignment with the council. I’m sure I’ll be around.”

Garren finishes walking Zela to the council chambers and lingers for a bit making small talk with Zela. When the last member arrives, he gives a slight bow and kisses her on the hand.

“Well… I’ll let y’all get to your meeting… If you’ll excuse me…”

He begins making his way to the chamber door to excuse himself from their dealings.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon arrival at the chamber, Revv quickly bows in respect to the three Jedi Masters before stepping to the side and waiting for the others to arrive. Revv remains quiet, trying not to get too excited about what posible reason he may have been summoned. Using the force to calm himself, Revv patiently waits for an announcement.
Zela
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zela listened to Garren as they walked to the council chamber. She smiled when he chuckled, temporarily lost in thought remembering the often elaborate gift giving events on her home world.

“Actually, you’re correct. People often exchange gifts on my home-world. Although, I didn’t participate as often as..” Zela trailed off as they entered the council chamber.

Three Jedi Masters? She thought. Looking around the room she noticed another Padawan. I wonder why we’ve been summoned?

Distracted, she made small talk with Garren until another Padawan entered drawing her gaze. Feeling someone touch her hand, her attention was drawn back to Garren. She smiled as he bowed in a very polite manner but felt sudden warmth in her cheeks when he kissed her hand.

Oh no, she thought, placing her hands on her cheeks. I hope no one noticed.

Visions of her face taking on a green hue flit across her mind. They might think I was ill.

Reaching out to the force, Zela took a calming breath and let all emotion flow from her. She lowered her hands and looked up, prepared to say something to Garren but before she could speak, he calmly addressed the room and turned to leave.

Is he supposed to leave? She wondered.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Grekk Floran finally turns his attention to the padawans gathered near the doorway, moving with a dangerous grace that speaks of the decades he has spent perfecting his skills in combat. The aging Anomid, gives the characters a shallow nod before taking one of the twelve chairs spaces evenly around the circular room.

Master Frottu Klekto glances in the direction of the characters, his jowels jiggling from the movement. Without further acknolwedging the characters, the plump, balding little Jedi Master settles into one of the chairs.

Master Aash takes a slow, deep breath before opening his large eyes to look at the assembled characters. The Whiphid projects a sense of sadness as he opens his mouth to speak, "Much has changed recently," His gaze slides between the characters, "Four of you were to be knited and sent to the front lines on Russan today," He seems to watch the characters for their reaction, "The fifth among you was to be sent elsewhere," His eyes seem to linger on Garren. "As I said before, much has changed recently." Drawing himself up to an impressive hight, "Last night, the fighting on Russan came to an end." Not waiting for that information to sink in, he quickly continues, "Nearly all of the Jedi, and all of the Sith engaged on Russan are dead," Taking a deep breath, he continues, "Shortly after the fighting ended, the Prophet saw a vision of the future," He closes his eyes long enough that the characters begin to wonder if the Jedi Master could have fallen asleep. His eyes snap open, "As the last words of her prophecy were written down, she died." Swallowing hard, "Much and more has changed." Master Aash glances over his shoulder at the chair behind him, "Yet some things remain the same. Four will be knighted today, and the fifth among you will give them perspective."

In unison, the three Jedi Masters becin to recite the Jedi Code as one;
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force."

Without thought, the gathered padawans find themselves reciting the Jedi Code along with the three masters.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon recites the Code along with those assembled. As he does so, Master Aash's words sink in. Gryphon is pleased to hear that the fighting is finally done on Russan; however, he is greatly saddened by the news that so many Jedi have died. As they all finish reciting the Code, Gryphon waits patiently for Master Aash to continue.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Revv finds himself reciting the code, he glances to either side, wondering who the fifth is and what kind of perspective he or she may give.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Aash takes a slow breath, letting his eyes half close as he does so, "Padawan Garren Ruen," His voice has taken on the firm edge that all the gathered padawans recognize from countless lessons under his tutalige. "Step forward," He only waits a split second for Garren to comply, "You were brought to the Temple by Master Teepo at an advanced age." His eyes hold a hard edge as he holds Garren's gaze, "We were told that you had already begun to learn and that you would stay with us only long enough to learn what you needed to control your abilities. That time has come." Another emotion crosses his face, so fast that those gathered question whether they actually saw the pitty in the old Master's eyes, "At times like this, I wonder at the Force, and often suspect that it has a sense of humor that we simply can not understand." He muses, his gaze never leaving Garren. "While your time of learning here at the Temple has come to an end, the Jedi Order finds itself in need of your services." With no further explanation, "Please wait by the door while we conclude our other business."

Master Aash's brooding gaze shifts to the other padawans gathered in the room, "As for the rest of you," Me motions for the others to step forward. It has never fallen to me, or any of the other Masters currently at the Jedi Temple to knight a padawan. Besides which, time has become a factor," He lets out a soft snort that sounds almost like a laugh, "As such, you will have to forgive our lack of formality in this issue." Drawing and igniting two lightsabers from his belt, one blue, the other grey. He barks out, "Kneel!"

Behind him, both Master Floran and Master Klecto stand. Each draw and ignite their own blade. Master Floran's blade glows a bright yellow, and Master Klecto's burns a deep green.
Zela
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zela’s eyes are riveted to Master Aash as he speaks and as she recites the Jedi code, along with the rest of the Padawan’s, a part of her mind circles a few simple words spoken by the Master.

A prophecy…she thinks. What could that prophecy have been?

So focused is she on this idea, feeling a tingling of excitement as she ponders the possibilities, that she almost jumps when Master Aash speaks again, addressing Garren. As she listens to Master Aash, she cocks her head slightly and looks at Garren.

He is rather unusuall, she thinks and realizes that her immediate assumption that he was a padawan, like her, was incorrect.

Master Aash speaks again and Zela’s focus sharpens on the Master. There are no stray thoughts this time as she kneels and the Master’s each ignite their lightsabers. Something important is happening and as wayward as her thoughts can be, Zela knows when something requires all of her focus.

Last edited by Zela on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon kneels as soon as the command is given; he knows better than to question orders from Masters, especially here in the Council chambers.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishi watches silently from the edge of the room as Garren makes his way to the door. His eyes narrow as he commits his features to memory: height, weight, eye color, hair color, facial features, and scent.

When the masters begin reciting The Jedi Code, Mishi joins in, barely more than a whisper, and only steps into view when the masters bid the padawans kneel. He takes up ranks in the rear of the group, not making a sound as he moves into position.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: