The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ral Intro Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Ral Intro Thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Ral ponders his surroundings for a brief moment, he notices the same crest painted on the woman's ship that he had seen on her jacket.

Before he has too much time to think it over, the row of chained prisoners were marched up the boarding ramp of the boxy transport ship. Ral allowed himself one last glimpse of the place that had been his home for far too long.

At the top of the ramp, the row of prisoners were swiftly and rudely encouraged to take an immediate left into a cargo hold area of the ship. The room was poorly lit and mostly empty, save for a row of crates that were to serve as chairs for the time being. Baldor glared at them all and then paused for a moment, staring at Ral. A big grin appeared on his face as he patted the hilt of his stun-baton and said, "It's been a real pleasure."

With that, big Baldor turned on his heel and left, leaving that ornary, drooling Gamorrean to keep watch.

Ral heard Marcus remark sarcastically: "This oughta be a real fun trip."
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farghul considered the symbol for but a moment, until along with everyone else he was forced into the 'transport'. The cargo bay wasn't impressive, but there were containers that could be used for something...

His thoughts were broken, however, when Baldor bid his farewell. He wanted to thank him with a claw, maybe beat the large man up with his own baton. With everything that had happened here, the only thing worth coming back for was the mystery of Sala's fate. To Ral Voidstar the rest of the mines' staff could be buried by his or the slaves' passions. Though those wishes would have to come later, now he had to deal with the present and the Gammorian.

As the felonoid thought the tip of his tail twitched in its wrapped position, he almost missed Marcus' words. "I'm sure it will be my frriend." he responds with his accented speech ignoring the tone, "Lets see what happens in a few minutes." For a moment he indulges in a antagonistic glare towards the lumbering new guardsman, or woman?

Following his indulgence his eyes close as he concentrates in this drab hold. He reflects on his time with the barony and the Soccoran tribe to collect himself. A fake smile forms on his face as he turns to face his fellow slaves, "So my friends, looks like we finally have an excuse to party. We are going to be away from the Zidth after so long! Lets discuss the festives, shall we?" He gestures for the chained gang sit in back near the make shift cargo-chairs. The plan was, well, to plan. He'd test the waters with the idea of taking the ship after launch, perhaps in the isolation of hyperspace...
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other prisoners hesitate, but at Ral's urging, the group eventually moves to the back and takes up position on the group of crates. Being all chained together, sitting in a group proved to be no easy task, but with a little effort, they found themselves fairly well situated so that all could see each other.

Out of the corner of his eye, Ral can see the guard glaring in his direction, but happily the guard makes no move in their direction for the present.

Breathing a quick sigh of relief, Ral turns his attention to those gathered around him. None were talking and several were looking expectantly back at him to hear what he had to say.

Marcus sat to his immediate left. After Marcus came two Twi'lek males who had the worn-down look of life-long slaves. To Ral's right was a white-haired human male. Ral guessed the man was around 60 years old, but there was a glint in his eye which suggested he had not been broken by the imprisonment. Next to the old man sat a Sullustan, followed by a Duro and an Ithorian.
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The farghul glances around the chamber for security devices and recorders. It was always a good idea to look, its not like privacy exactly existed before. Assuming the room was clear a smile forms on his face towards his companions.

"So friends, it seems that we arre in a position to borrow this brick with engines. The problem is if this is a short trip or a long one. Anyone know if this boat is a short ranged one?"
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ral watches as no one is real quick to speak. Several of the bunch nervously look back at the guards and a few look down at their feet. The old man however, with a devilish grin, leans forward and replies: "I like where your head is at, farghul. I can't wait to hear your plan. I don't know for sure, but I've an inkling this'll be a nice long journey. Rumor is there's a new mine way out in the Outer Rim that the family is opening up. My guess is we're to be part of the new work crew."
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this slave place didn't think to add security as the farghul hasn't noticed anything of the sort. Between that and the old man, a smile formed on his face.

"A new mine, huh. Well we I don't think we'll be attending." his smile turns to a grin, "I have a get out of jail free card and a plan on the matter my wise comrrade. We wait for hyperspace so guests won't be popping up from our old holders. After this box jumps we loosen these bonds and someone gets the green giant's attention. While he's moving to deal with the disturbance I'll slip out of the cuff and attack him from behind, hrmr, then we all cut loose. After he's down we move some crates to block the door and see if there are any engineer's tubes around. I'd like to use the tubes to scruff up security and scatter the guards away from sensitive areas, like the bridge."

he glances around to make sure there aren't any new eavesdroppers, "The priorities should be engineering so we can control life support and herd the crew too another bay and the bridge so we can navigate, maybe forrce a drop-out. Unfortunately my background doesn't deal in... machines and controls. If we're to be better it'd be good to know what we all were before this." He scratches his lower back to mask retrieving the key, "Now, if this is shorter than suspected we should make a concentrated effort to ether make a blind jump or get to a planet and steal a search party's vessel. I think we can all agree that slim chances are better than our current fate. We all have loved ones to get to and vendettas to enact."

(OOC: could a tactics roll be made to enhance my plan?)
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Ral talks excitedly about his plan, he notices several of the others pick their heads up a bit and pay closer attention to the conversation. The old codger sits slightly hunched over on the edge of a crate, rubbing his chin and listening intently to Ral's plan.

As Ral finishes, he sees several sets of wide eyes. A few of the slaves seem shocked and a bit afraid, but the rest seem excited about the chance at freedom that Ral seemed to offer.

After a moment or two of everyone looking around, the white-haired human speaks up: "That's a fine plan you have there, Farghul. Your're in luck too...it just so happens that I can fly this ole bucket a bolts." The man again flashes a sly grin before continuing, "The only hitch might be the whole idea of finding any engineering tubes in this here cargo hold...One other thing that would be very helpful would be knowing how many guards we are dealing with."

Suddenly, the guard decides that was enough conversation. With a loud thud, the Gamorrean slams the butt of his vibro-axe against the wall and squeals some sort of warning in his native language.

OOC - The tactics roll did help, and I'll apply it to the whole conversation.)
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We all can do this, especially with our pal here," grinning at the pilot," I'll see what I can do about the info." he whispers before responding tot he axeman, "Ok big guy, don't need to make dice out of our bones." Ral stands, palming the key he just recovered. Providing there was enough slack in the chain he approached to about ten feet of the lumbering guard, "So arre you going to be our only friend for this trip? Or is there an army of you to bully us?" a false chuckle enters his voice for the last part in an attempt to be disarming.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chain allows Ral to get roughly ten feet away from the Gamorrean. Ral does his best to play it cool, but his chuckle apparently didn't have a calming affect.

The big green guard narrows his eyes and takes two swaying steps in Ral's direction. Before he can get any further, the door hisses open and a tall Klattooinian wearing a red headband storms into the cargo hold, looking even more ornery than the Gamorrean. The newcomer takes a quick look around before casting a questioning glance at Ral. With a scowl, he spits out : "You better go sit down with the rest of the slime. We're about to go to hyperspace."

He glares at Ral for a second before turning and mumbling something to the Gamorrean. A second later and he stormed back out of the cargo hold, with the door closing behind him.
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"grr, Ok, ok" he mumbled as the farghul moved back to the group with a grin. 'now we wait...' eagerly runs through his head.

A few minuets the ship jumps, the plan will commence. Within the huddle Ral will unlock his cuffs and pass the key around, making sure that the cuffs are still touching to, hopefully, appear locked. Then the next phase of taking out the guard will commence. Hopefully one of the fellow slaves can be a suitable distraction for Ral to Flank the lumbering green guard..
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the group of slaves sits around, nervously waiting for things to happen, the ship blasts off into hyperspace. This sudden jump in speed brings with it rattling walls and several groans from the bulkheads. A few of the slaves look around nervously, wondering if the ship will hold together.

Ral is oblivious to the noise as he works on his cuffs. In a matter of seconds, Ral is free. He carefully hands the key along while at the same time keeping the ends of his cuffs close together to appear as if they are still locked.

Ral watches carefully as the key moves around the circle. Marcus manages to unlock himself with no problem, as does the first Twi'lek. Ral glances quickly at the guard who has found a chair near the door and seems to be close to dozing off. Ral turns his attention back to the key just in time to see the first Twi'lek passing the key to the second one. To Ral's dismay, the two Twi-'leks fumble the hand off and the metal key clangs as it bounces off the floor...not once...not twice...but three times, before settling on the ground.
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Kriff!' was the first thing than ran through his mind as the key bounced, 'Maybe he didn't hear... can't take that chance'

The guard had almost been asleep, undoubtedly now he would of been awakened or alerted. But Ral had to calm down, not do anything rash. He had to think.

'What if the guard set off an alarm before checking? No, the pig-man was too impulsive. He tried to chocking me earlier without thinking... now we are on a ship and they've been train... you can only train them so much though. The are big on muscle, on smashing, no thinking, just orders. Need to wait, wait.'

The Farghul very nearly flew off to strike, he looked on the edge and anxious. He wanted to strike first.

"RRgrr" unconsciously escaped from him before he growingly whispered, "Pick it up, pick it up" Ral was visibly fidgeting wanting, desperately, not to wast a potential chance. He waits for the guard to come close to check the noise before freeing himself and lashing out, at least that's what the rational side of him wants....

(OOC: could some kind of Will roll be made for Ral to strike now or wait due to his anxiety)
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the key settled to the ground, the cargo hold seemed eerily quiet for a few moments. Nobody moved a muscle or even whispered a word. Then, Ral whispered, "Pick it up, pick it up."

With terror in his eyes, the second Twi-lek quickly hopped down off his box and scooped up the key before sitting down again.

With a snort, the Gamorrean snapped his head up and narrowed his eyes, staring over at the group of slaves. With a burst of quickness, if that can even be said about a Gamorrean, the big green thug shot up out of his chair and began stomping toward the group of crates.

Much to even Ral's own surprise, he somehow managed to keep his wrath under wraps for the moment. Every muscle fiber in his body was tense and spring-loaded, ready for action. The Gamorrean, now about 8 feet away from the circle, paused for a moment and snarled something in its own language.

(OOC Ral is on the far side of the circle. Between Ral and the guard, is the other side of the circle. Does that make sense?)
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was glad that the key was retrieved, but he was having a hard time holding it together, hit tail was twitching in agitation. With the ship in hyperspace there was no call for help and the crew at their mercy. The Gamorrean was so close, he just needed to get the others into a safer position. An idea struck! With a glint in his eye he spoke letting his abrasive feelings be known.

"You have something to say Gamorrean can't you speak Basic?" he narrows his eyes in contempt."I'm tired of you acting like your presence and arms can just keep us, me in line. It is about time for someone to show a spine against you!"

The Gamorrean should be enticed to come through the circle, then Ral could break his bonds,try to kick the axe away, and let the others flee out of combat range... though hopefully they'd help out.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either enraged or offended by the insult, (Ral didn't care which), the Gamorrean raised its arms in the air and let out a loud, angry squeal. Then, the big guard lowered his arms and glared at Ral before stomping in his direction, clearly ready to silence the insolent little slave.

Ral glares back at the guard and knows he has a few seconds to plan his move. Out of the corners of his eyes, Ral can see panicked looks from most of his comrades, with the exception of the older man he winked at Ral as he grinned from ear to ear.

(OOC - I will roll initiative for both Ral and the Gamorrean. You can declare Ral's action in your next post. The circle of slaves is about 8 feet in diameter. The Gamorrean is currently gripping his axe with two hands.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: