The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kel Intro Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Kel Intro Thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slight twitch comes across Kel's face as he responds to her statement.
"Well now... that is a twist. What kind of timeline are we working with here, Getting Republic issued weapons of any sizable quantity is not something that comes on the market over night."

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman narrows her eyes slightly and thinks for a moment before replying:

"Let me put it this way: The quicker you can produce the material, the bigger your payday will be." She pauses long enough to take another sip of the champagne.

Then, with a mischevious grin and with eyes locked on Kel she continues:
"Perhaps Commander Melan left a few caches of weapons that you may have access to?"
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel replies "Perhaps <he studies the woman even more closely now>, I should get started right away then, time is of the essence."

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel, like most everyone else from the bar, could not help but be distracted by the woman's physical appearance. Clearly she knew more than she was letting on and Kel reasoned that she represented someone with considerably more clout than he had originally guessed.

Her expression gave little away, though Kel got the distinct impression that she enjoyed knowing more than he did about the situation.

With that same mischevious smile, she replied, "Yes, time is an issue... Can we drop you off at the landing bays?"
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"absolutely"

Kel will try and use his computer to find out what ships will be departing soon and which one will provide the best prospect to accomplish his current mission. He also begins to try and gather information on possible caches Commander Melan may have left as well as maybe some current Republic lower security supply warehouses.

He thinks to himself he does not like being at such a disadvantage in negotiations. he makes a point of trying to remember as many details of the mysterious woman as he can to try and research her at a later time, perhaps during his travels.

Kel goes into full on work mode till they reach the starport, he will remain polite and will respond to any inquiries from his host/employer.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel has a very good mental picture of the woman and doesn't think he will soon forget it, but he realizes he never did get her name which would come in very handy if he were to learn more about her. Nothing else about her seemed to give anything away, and Kel figured that was intentional.

Kel glances up to see her watching him intently as he works on his computer. With a smile she observes: "You don't waste any time, do you?"

With a quick grin, Kel brings his gaze back to his computer. As he does so, he happens to notice a small detail that he had missed earlier. There under his champagne glass was a fancy cocktail napkin, with some printing on it. Perhaps that offered a clue as to where he could start in tracking her down, should he need to.

Off the top of his head, Kel remembers that Commander Melan had a few caches of weapons on Coruscant, of all places -though those would be hard to extract given the current levels of security there. He also recalled rumors of a large supply dump out in the Vergesso Asteroids. That one was a ways out, but would at least be unguarded. For the moment, Kel rules out Republic warehouses, figuring he may need a team to get into one of those.

A quick search of the current flight plan out of the system did not immediately reveal a ship matching his criteria, though Kel knew there were other ways to procure a ship.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With another grin he looks up "I do not, not when time is of the utmost importance. How ever I am waiting on a query. Let me pour you some more Champagne."
He pours some more champagne into both their glasses. He takes a drink and lets a little drip down the side of his mouth. he grabs the cocktail napkin to wipe the side of his mouth and he then pockets the napkin and continues to work.
He re-queries the computer to look for impound lots or auction houses that have suitable vessels that he may procure to conclude his business.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel pockets the napkin and avoids looking up as the woman chuckles at his apparent clumsiness.

After a few painfully long seconds, the computer loads two hits from his search. There is an impound lot several miles to the east and a used ship lot just past the main landing pads.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel responds "The docks will be fine, I can appropriate what I need there. Once I acquire the merchandise How would you like for me to make contact?"

Kel focuses his query on the inventory at the used ship lot and also the impound lot to check for the best prospects.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

netjedi wrote:
Kel responds "The docks will be fine, I can appropriate what I need there. Once I acquire the merchandise How would you like for me to make contact?"

Kel focuses his query on the inventory at the used ship lot and also the impound lot to check for the best prospects.

(Is there a specific type of ship that he is looking for?)

Kel notices a long list of older ships at the used lot, perhaps 24 ships long.

The list of ships at the impound lot is shorter, but on average, the ships being held there seem to be nicer and newer, though it is unclear whether or not those ships are actually for sale.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel continues to look over the prospects.
He tries to focus on ships that would be as inconspicuous as possible and more than likely have had a thing or to tinkered with.

He peruses the newer ships from the impound lot first, looking for ships that do not stand out from a customs/patrol stand point.

He then focuses on the ship lot and looks for a balance of not too old not too new rugged used look of a tramp freighter.

He continues to narrow down his list on the ride to the docks.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel, lost in his own little world for the moment, continues to narrow down his list of possibilities. He discovers that the vast majority of ships at the impound lot have some sort of outstanding warrant or debt or lean posted against them. The others were clearly ships belonging to various levels of criminals who have since been apprehended. While a few of those ships might be usable, Kel realizes that most of them will come with a certain amount of risk and baggage.

Looking back over the list at the used lot, one in particular does catch his attention: He finds a Ghtroc freighter that appears to be in good shape, but also appears to have some modifications added to it. It is definitely a ship he could handle on his own. Also at that lot was an older scout ship equipped with a hyper-drive. It would certainly be quicker than the freighter, but had little to no weapons systems.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keying in on both those ships he begins to think of which would be better. He begins to look at the spec's listed for engines, hyperdrive and lateral arrays. He thinks his best prospect might be the scout ship, but wants a good balance of nimbleness and speed, weapons systems are a secondary concern.

Once he is dropped at the docks Kel will begin to make his way to the used lot and look over their security to plan how to best liberate the ship.

While he is casing the used ship lot he will take a moment to diligently work on trying to secure some additional funding in case his only option is to purchase the ship.

(he will take his time and use all of his available resources to try and secure the funds to purchase either ship and some extra for dock fees and fueling for the trip, nothing outside of that)

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel spends a few more moments studying the ships and it sure seems like the scout ship will better fit his needs.

Kel is suddenly interrupted from his thoughts as the woman clears her throat rather loudly. Kel snaps his head up and finds the woman staring at him, brow slightly furrowed. She slowly crosses her right leg over her left and says, "I'm not used to being ignored for so long...however, I am glad to see you are taking this job seriously. My employer will not be disappointed."

She then throws a nod over Kel's shoulder and says, "We're at the docking bays. Here's where we part ways. But before you go, I have a few things for you." With her left hand she presses a button on her arm rest. At this, a concealed overhead console opens and a compartment lowers. Reaching up, the woman grabs a small box and sets it in her lap. She opens it up and takes out a small device, handing it to Kel. "This is a personal communicator that will connect directly to me. Once you have the weapons, contact me and we will arrange for the exchange. You have exactly one week from today to procure a large quantity of Republic weapons."
The woman pauses a moment and takes two more items out of the box. Handing a small datacard to Kel, she continues, "This card contains a detailed list of the types and quantities of weapons my employer is looking for. If you can fill this list in the time allotted, he will pay you 50,000 credits. To show how serious he is, here's a little advance to motivate you. You will get the remainder of the amount when delivery is made." She then hands Kel a credit stick.

"Any questions?" she asks, with a smile.

Last edited by Wisconsin Wookie on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel looks up and replies

"My apologies, my intent was not to ignore you, but to make sure I do the best possible job for you and your employer. From the moment we entered this vehicle you have made a point of insuring I understand the importance of this job and I am not one who fails or tolerates failure. Thank you for the trust you have shown by providing a partial advance on the payment and I understand that I have one week to procure the goods and deliver contacting you on the direct comlink. I believe I have all the facts and information I need, unless you think I am in need of anything else... perhaps a good bye kiss???"

a smile creeps across his face with that last remark.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: