The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 1: Riptide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> Chapter 1: Riptide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garren brings the Azure Saber in a leisurely arc towards the Maveric. Taking in the sight of her new hull. Its obvious that the ship is new, but it was also made in haste. The welds are visible where bulkheads were quickly fused together, an obvious sign of the desperation the Republic has felt in recent years to get new ships to the front lines of the war. He idly wonders how long some of the newer ships in the fleet will last before their poor craftsmanship will require them to be retired. They dont build them like they used to.

Gryphon sets in the copilots seat, watching Garren as he absently brings the Azure Saber closer to the Maveric. Garren seems thoughtful as he looks at the larger ship.

Revv slips into an empty seat in the cockpit. It takes him a few seconds, but he finally realizes that he's looking at the sensor suite of the ship.

Silerian Ortaga looked out the small docking bay viewport as a small transport approached the Maveric. It looks like Master Floran has arrived with my orders. He looks over at the Republic starfighters nested nearby. Six of them, all neatly packed into the small docking bay, ready for a war that was already over.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon closely observes the way Garren pilots the transport. As the ship is brought in for docking, Gryphon half-closes his eyes, stretching out with the Force to see how those on board the Maveric feel, hoping to find at least some semblance of hope with the ending of the war.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silerian didn't like being aboard the cruisers so much unless he was constantly staring out the viewports, as if to remind him that he was indeed in a flying craft and not some ultramodern spaceport warrens upon a land based city, given there was very little sense of motion aboard a space cruiser. He much preferred the transparisteel cockpit of a starfighter, the feeling of being alone amongst the sky or stars, a genuine sense of freedom.

He tended not to stray too far from the docking bay of starfighters, if he couldn't be out piloting one he liked tooling around near the tiny craft thinking about getting out and piloting one. Otherwise he liked open spaces. Neither were to be found in the mess halls and cramped accommodations of a military cruiser.

He was glad to have a distraction to be honest, and the arrival of Master Floran brought just such a distraction for his instinctive nature, something far more useful to concentrate on such as new orders from the Jedi Council.

Silerian reminds himself to think as a Jedi should think, contemplating a moment the Living Force and Binding Force, takes a breath and moves off towards the docking umbilical for the arriving transport. He will greet them as they disembark.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Azure Saber docks smoothly with the much larger Maveric. Within seconds of the ships being docked, the sound of the airlock cycling can be heard from deeper inside of the Azure Saber.

Lebenha Wyndral steps out into the docking bay only to find the other Jedi Knight on board, Silerian, looking out a nearby viewport. Glancing at the airlock, she sees the door cycle slowly open. On the other side stands the old Master Floran, a faint smile touching his eyes.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon rises from the copilot's station, heading back to the airlock. He draws his hood up over his head as he walks up behind Master Florian, ready to disembark.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lebenha nods to Silerian but leave him to his thoughts.

She walks to the airlock and greets Master Floran with a reverence.

"Welcome to the Maveric Master" she says "Your quarters are ready as planned"

The young Knight can't help but to look above the Master's shoulder trying to peek something of her new companions, a little bit nervous despite her training.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silerian returns Lebenha's greeting with a kind smile and nod, bringing himself to stand a little to the side and slightly behind her and quickly grooms some of his feathered hair as the airlock opens, and straightens out his custom flightsuit and hanging lightsabre. So he looks right. Lafrarians should always look pleasant to behold. He just now realises he forgot to polish his lightsabre hilt, and is not happy about that. He also finds himself wondering if Lebenha's hair smells nice, but stops himself from being so undisciplined, he is not in a rookerie trying to attract females today and it's really not Jedi behaviour.

When he sees Master Floran and any companions enter the area he bows deeply and watches/listens for cues. The old Master has youthful eyes, he noticed, that's rather pleasant and inspiring. He rarely misses small details but reminds himself not to be distracted by them.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: I’m just catching up to the where we are…

Mishi is filled with a spark of glee in how quickly he was able to find the others, that spark is quickly snuffed out when he hears Garren’s comments to his fellow knight. Mishi slinks into the doorway silently, he lingers outside the cockpit obscured by the shadow formed by the spacing of the indoor lighting system, and he glowers at Garren, watching him carefully for any new signs of darkness rising in him.

”I remember young hunters back home, they were not so different to him… They cover their own fears and inadequacies over with a smug exterior and humor… He doesn’t fool me.”

Master Floran speaking up starts him out of his inner monologue and his mood lightens as he listens to the Master’s words.

He silently watches each of group members faces trying to see past the surface to the ripples in the waters below, his eyes narrow when he finally comes to Garren’s face again.

As people depart, Mishi quickly withdraws; as if he was never there in the first place. He heads off to find someplace comfortable to rest for a bit… the daytime activity wears on him terribly.

When the ship finally moves, he’s suddenly overcome with vertigo, each turn, acceleration, and deceleration throwing off his balance.

”Uhhhh… I had almost forgotten how much I hate space travel…” He bemoans himself.

As the ship comes to dock with the larger ship, Mishi comes crawling out of his bunk obviously space sick, he lies on the floor groaning in agony.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revv waits patiently as the two ships go through the docking process. Closing his eyes slightly, he reaches out with the force trying to get a read on the Maveric. He's looking to get a sense of the number of passengers but also to get a sense of the mood/morale of the crew.

After a minute or so he notices the rest of his crew disembarking to the Maveric, Revv will follow suit.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Here we go!” Garren claps his hands with enthusiasm, spins quickly in the pilot’s chair and leans to the intercom switch, flipping it on.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking… We’re skidatalin’ out of here most ricky tick, so if y’all wanna strap in, we’ll be leaving presently.” With probably much more gusto than it should have taken, Garren flips the comms switch off.

His eyes watch Gryphon as he sits down in the co-pilot’s seat, his smile widens from ear to ear.

“Heh, you don’t know how to take no for an answer, do you kiddo? Alrighty, strap yourself in, let’s get this space coffin spaced.”

He does not however fasten his chair straps before he gives the engines a full start and his hands fly all over the control panel like someone who has done the takeoff sequence many, many times. He quickly verbalizes everything he’s doing, as much as someone can who’s trying to do a two man job solo. His instruction includes a lot of ‘the manual tells you this, and you could do that, if you don’t know any better or you’re stupid, this is the right way’ which usually includes some sort of short cut to save time and/or effort.

Once the ship is off the ground, Garren’s hands become much more fluid, switching between the main controls and only darting away to make some sort of ‘minor’ course correction (which is often required when departing Coruscant). When they break atmo, he sets his heading the most direct path possible to the Maveric.

“Remember that time is money, if you’re being paid for distance, then you go safe.” He casually says to Gryphon, narrowly avoiding an oncoming ship by lazily maneuvering the Saber out of the way.

When their first destination is in sight, Garren brings the ship in a leisurely arc toward the Maveric.

”Hell, I’ve seen brigging tape jobs that’ll hold a ship together better than that piss poor work, they don’t make ‘em like they used to, that’s for damn sure...” He says aloud, then stops and realizes that they’re in a new ship… his smile fades to worry.

After the ship docks and Gryphon heads out, Garren begins searching the ship for signs of hasty work, muttering to himself. [Double Time Search/Space Transport Repair]

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lebenha salutes to all her fellow Jedi when they disembark. and introduces herself to them.

When Garren was about to disembark a draconic creature, the lights of the ship reflecting in his black scales, flights over him towards the inside of the ship, barely avoiding his face.

Lebenha's face blushes and she calls out.

"Kreel! " she realises that she just screamed that and blushes even more. She tries to apologize looking mostly to Garren and the Master.

"Sorry about that. He is just curious. Do not worry I am sure that he will not break anything. "
she pauses for a moment, looking at the ship. Then she tells the others " You didn't have any cristal possesions or have left your lightsaber at sight in there, didn't you?"
Zela
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After boarding the Azure Saber with the rest of her fellow Jedi, Zela quickly heads for the last bunk on the ship, knowing it will bring her the most luck. Once inside, she finds the perfect spot for her plant and sets her things down. As she leaves her quarters she finds herself lost in thought, remembering the last time she was on a ship. As the memory bubbled up inside of her, she felt her thoughts drifting to her family. Feeling the old familiar ache associated with such thoughts, Zela gives her head a slight shake, focusing her mind on the present as she joins everyone in the cockpit.

After Master Floran finishes speaking and leaves, Zela follows deep in thought. Master Floran answered many questions but not the questions that circled around in Zela’s mind.

Although I am honored to be included in this task, I cannot help but wonder why I was chosen? My training is nowhere near complete, Zela thought. I wonder if it has something to do with that prophesy…and whether or not we’ll ever be told what that prophesy was?

As Zela enters her quarters, her thoughts are interrupted by the movement of the ship and Garren’s voice over the ships comm. She is once again reminded of that fateful departure from her home-world as a wave of nausea hits her.

It’s been so long, Zela thought, finding a place to sit. I completely forgot about what it feels like to take off and leave a planet.

Concentrating on her breathing, Zela focuses on keeping her stomach contents exactly where they are. After what felt like an eternity the ship docked with the Maverick. Taking a calming breath, Zela stood and a little unsteadily left her room. Thinking how unlucky it was that she had not yet recovered from her space sickness, Zela headed towards the ships exit and spied a furry form lying on the floor.

Looks like someone might just have space sickness worse than I, Zela thought sympathetically.

“Hello,” She said approaching Mishi’peshu. “Are you alright?” Zela kneels down beside the giant feline and looks to see if his eyes are open.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Mishi'peshu and Zelandia heard a little squeal in front of them, from the corridor heading to the disembark ramp. When they raise their heads both could see a little reptilian creature landing in front of them. It looks at them with sharp, intelligent red eyes and squeals again, interrogative, shaking his head and his wings and taking a shy step towards the fallen feline
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Floran gives the two newcomers a warm greeting, "Silerian, Mishi, its good to see you both again." His smile softens slightly, "Unfortunately, we dont have time for plesantries as you need to be on your way," With a broad gesture, he motions at the individuals gathering behind him. "All of you will be on your way as soon as the Azure Saber can be resupplied." A sad look crosses his fatures, gone almost as fast as it appears, "Let the Force guide your decisions, and trust each other. You will do well to learn your companions strengths, and you would be wise to make use of those strengths during the trials a head."

Looking to Zela, a mischevious smile touches Master Florans eyes. "Take this" He offers her a folded piece of flimsi, "But do not open it until the Azure Saber is on its way again."

Over the next few minutes, the docking bay turns into a hive of activity as several crew members arrive and begin to move crates of gear onto the Azure Saber.

Feeling his surroundings through the Force, Revv senses that the Maveric has a full crew, easily in the hundreds. The crew feels almost lost to him, as if the sudden lack of a war has left many of them unsure of their futures.

As Garren moves through the Azure Saber, he dosnt see any signs of the kinds of sloppy work that had gone into the warship they were now docked with. Momentarily satisfied that the ship wont fall apart on its own, he joins the other as Master Floran begins to make his introductions.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silerian looks among the group, his avian features darting back and forth between them with startling rapidity, although his speech is relaxed and even toned.

"Well I'll start. I'm Silerian Ortaga, a pretty good pilot and driver, especially with starfighters...and can handle a lightsabre, but I'll have to rely on my natural attributes for most everything else. I could probably tell you the colours on an insect's wings at about a kilometre range but, we Lafrarians apparently have great eyesight, but if you ask me everybody else has poor eyesight," he grins.

"My knowledge of the Force is fairly limited but I've a knack with feeling my way around an astrogation computer, the Force is a helpful guide when you have to plot through some radiation clouds or some sort of space anomaly. But there's not much more to me."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: