The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 1: Riptide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> Chapter 1: Riptide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon gives a half-bow. "I am Gryphon Kyrk; like you, my abilities in the Force aren't as strong as they might otherwise be; my natural skills revolve around the combat arts; they all just come naturally to me."
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's a pleasure and a honor to meet you all. My name is Lebenha Wyndral and, the same as you, I'm just starting to understand my connection with the Force. " she smiles " but I hope that you all help me to understand deeper on it." "
"His name is Kreel "
she adds tapping the head of the socorran tailring that is now resting at her shoulders
" and he has been traveling with me for some months now."
She seems to hesitate a little in her next phrase, as if she never thought on it before.
" I don't have any idea of piloting starships, but I am a fast learner, and I have some skill with the lightsaber but I have much to learn yet. "

" My mother and Master would say that my only remarkable skill is to be stubborn, but I don't think they want to know that "
she thought to herself.

She looks to the others, really hoping that someone continues, really not knowing what more to say.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wanting the uncertainty of the Maveric's crew to transfer over into his own thought process, Revv takes a deep breath and patiently waits for his turn to introduce himself.

Sensing, perhaps, a bit of uncertainty from Lebenha as well, Revv smiles at her gently before taking his turn:

"It is certainly an honor to be serving with all of you and your array of talents. My name is Revv Skolnar. Like most or perhaps even all of you, I too am not entirely certain as to my reasons for being selected for this task, but I trust the force will reveal the answers we need when we need them..." Revv trails off for a moment, but then continues with a smile: "As for my particular abilities, I have had some training in negotiating and conflict resulotion, and have had adequate training in other areas. I will help the group in any way that I am able."

Revv bows his head slightly and glances around for the next person to speak.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Zela kneels beside Mishi, she notices that his eyes are small slits behind his heavy eyelids. He seems to be writhing a little less than before, but is still sprawled on his back taking large gulps of air. The winged creature lands just long enough to see Mishi’s head roll to the side as the final remaining contents of his stomach empty onto the pristine deck.

How embarrassing… Mishi thinks to himself as he notices the female above him.

He summons his will to gather himself as he rolls in the opposite direction of the mess he made and ends in a crouch with his back against the hallway wall.

“Fine… space travel throws off my center of gravity is all. I’m sorry you had to see that…” Mishi says in a quiet voice; there’s a hint of shame that lingers at the end of every sentence. “Thank you for your concern, I’m fine now…” Mishi stands up, a little unsteady, but manages to stay up without any assistance.

“I’m sure the Master will be waiting for us, it’s best not to keep them waiting.”

He waits for Zela to move before following her.
Zela
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zela steps back as the furred Jedi emptied his stomach. She felt an instant stab of sympathy but had to look away for a second to avoid adding the contents of her stomach to the floor. As Mishi crouched against the wall it dawned on Zela that she knew very little about his species. In some cultures weakness, especially displays of physical weakness, was something to be embarrassed about. Listening to Mishi speak, she thought perhaps his culture was that way.

“No need to apologize,” said Zela cheerfully. “I did far worse my first time onboard a ship. I will never forget the look on the Captain’s face when I rather violently vomited all over the Jedi Knight who was accompanying me.” Zela shook her head at the memory. “To this day space travel still makes me a bit nauseous.”

Pausing for a moment, she regards Mishi, and then gives him a brilliant smile. “You’re right though. I’m sure Master Floran is waiting. I look forward to our journey. Perhaps we can speak some more. I would love to learn about your people.” Her eyes brighten, “your people don’t by any chance have any myths or superstitions or…” She stops shaking her head and giving a chuckle. “Another time, we mustn’t keep the Master waiting.” Pausing she considers asking him whether or not he can make it off of the ship, then thinks better of the idea. Instead she chooses to smile once more before turning and departing the ship.

Once off the ship she discovers two newcomers. A young woman and a man with feathered hair. Smiling at each of them, she moves over to stand near her fellow knights from the Temple. She watches Master Floran closely as he speaks and it feels a bit surreal as the reality truly sinks in that he is going to part ways with them. Just as she thinks this, Master Floran looks at her and her eyebrows raise at the smile he gives her. She can’t help but smile in return. “Take this,” he says to her, and eyes wide she carefully takes the piece of flimsi he offers. She nods at his orders and looks down at the folded piece with growing curiosity.

What could it be? She wonders.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC: I'm enjoying the interaction between characters, and I dont feel any need to make a post to focus the story at the moment. You are all welcome to continue getting to know each other and/or start planning for your departure. I'll make a post next week to move things along again. Great posts everyone!)
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garren is the last to leave The Azure Saber; he walks out with a bit of a swagger with his thumbs resting in his gun belt. He instantly drops into a crouch after nearly having his face taken off by the flying object.

“What in the Sam Hell!?! Mynock!?!” Blindingly fast, he draws a pistol in his right hand and cracks off a laser blast at the winged creature as it flies past him to board the ship, missing narrowly. (Don’t need you to roll Guard, I figure it’s better if he misses anyway.) “And it’s on my ship now!!” He exclaims, obviously frustrated.

He walks toward the group, with a small flourish he holsters his pistol and puts on slightly forced smile.

“Well, looks like we have our first ‘crew task’ together, we’ll have to hunt down and get rid of the mynock infestation on the ship.”

When the meet and greet begins, Garren waits for the first available moment of silence before he chimes in.

“Uh, the name’s Garren, I’ve spent more of my life out in the ‘real galaxy’, and I s’pose that’s where my expertise lies. Y’all can call me Captain, since I seem to be filling the role until you find someone better, or my contract with the Jedi is up.” He looks around to everyone, straightening his coat and vest as he speaks. His eyes linger on the females of the group and he gives them a wink before he moves his gaze on to the next person.

“I guess that’s it.” He finishes and puts his thumbs back into his belt as he waits for everyone to finish.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mynocks?" Lebenha seems amazed "How could be mynocks aboard this..." She stops when she realizes what happened.

"Oh I am sorry Captain. You should have crossed Kreel. He is a socorran tailring who travels with me. He's rather curious" she says as an apology, smiling to Garren a little bit embarrased. "Anyway you don't have to worry about Mynocks while he's around." She paused for a moment. "He loves the taste of Mynock's meat."

"Is there everybody here?" She ask looking to all but ending at Master Floran "we could go to one of the pilot's briefing rooms. We would be more comfortable while the ship is ressuplied." She motions to one blast door at one side of the hangar bay, not far from where they are standing.

Last edited by Frandal on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silerian echoes the sentiment.
"Yes indeed, let's adjourn to the briefing rooms. We can sit and discuss the mission over refreshments."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A Soccoran tailring?" Gryphon says. "That should make the trip interesting..."
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once everyone is outside Lebenha guides the group to the briefing room. Inside the smell of the new furniture and the universal glue used to fix the junctures compite with the permapaint in the walls.

Lebenha waits for them to sit and some could feel that their chairs are not perfectly fixed to the floor as the bounce a little when they turn them before sitting. It seems that the hurry in constructing the ship weren't only at the hull or superstructure.

"5BO please " she says to one domestic droid of wearied bronce metal that was in the room, its old parts make a huge contrast against the rest of the room " attend the Jedi and prepare what they want for drink or eat. Thanks" she adds with a little motion of her head to the droid.

Once all are accomodated and ordered she takes the word and speaks to the group but mainly to Master Floran.

"Excuse me fellow Jedi, Master. I am afraid I am little behind the rest of you. All I was told by my Master is that I should come to this vessel and wait for you here and join you. But the call came with such sort notice that I wasn't filled with the details of the mission. I hope you could update me."
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Mmm.” It came out as more of a bestial noise than any sort of affirmation. Mishi was surprised at her queries to say the least, no one at the academy had ever wanted to know about his people, or about him before, and that suited him fine, most Mashi were solitary hunters in the jungles.

He quietly walked along, silently watching, pouring over everything Zela had said, trying to get a read on her. He eventually realized that there was no hidden layer, she was open, honest. It was a refreshing revelation, this was what he was recruited to protect, the essence of the Jedi, the innocence of the light side of the Force. Here it was, embodied in this gentle being.

They arrived at the group in time for introductions, Mishi stood silently in the back as a shadow, watching the faces of each person as they interacted with one another, giving each a measuring appraisal, and one by one he saw them, he saw through them. When silence fell, he realized that he had not introduced himself. The masters would be disappointed if he didn’t participate in the pleasantries afforded most sentient beings, he couldn’t fail them.

He spoke, quietly but firmly from in back, still nearly fully obscured from view: “I am Mishi’peshu, I am a hunter…”
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, certainly, this way," Master Floran says before leading the characters through the narrow hallways of the Maverick to a cramped meeting room. The stark white walls of the room are only interrupted by the stark white table and chairs dominating the middle of the room.

Master Floran waits for everyone to take their seats before speaking, "The Sith have been defeated, and their Empire is crumbling." He begins, "But even so, their threat has not passed." He looks around the room to be sure that he has everyone's undivided attention, "Before she died, the prophet spoke of a dark time that is coming. That from the ashes of the Sith Empire would come a new power that would cast a shadow over the entire galaxy." A long pause, "Unless this new power could be stopped in its infancy."

A sad look seems to pass his features behind his breathing apparatus, "You are to seek out any Sith who may have survived the fighting on Russan and remove them as a threat to peace. We have no idea of where these threats may come from, or in what form they may manifest themselves."

"My suggestion would to be to go to Russan and learn what you can about any Sith who may have survived the fighting there. But the mission is in your capable hands, and you may pursue the task however you all deem fit." His dark eyes scan the characters, as if searching for something that he cant seem to find, "Questions?"

Last edited by Guardian_A on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zela
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zela’s attention is pulled away from the focus of her curiosity as Garren disembarks. She smiles at his reaction to the little winged creature she’d seen on the ship a moment ago. As members of the group begin introducing themselves, she listens carefully to each as they speak, noticing small things about them. How they stand, accents, the way they make eye contact or fail to do so.

She’s impressed by Silerian’s eyesight and curious why he chose to pilot starfighters. As Gryphon gives his short introduction, she finds herself wondering why combat skills come so easy to him.

Her thoughts are once again interrupted by Garren as he introduces himself. She tilts her head and gives a puzzled smile at his mention of a “real galaxy,” and his request to be called “Captain.” She also notices with amusement that he winks at both herself and the other woman.

Zela listened to Revv, thinking his skill in negotiating and conflict resolution were evident in the diplomatic and eloquent way he introduced himself.

As the other woman spoke up, Zela noticed the little winged creature was sitting on her shoulders.

So she travels with the little beast. How interesting, she thought.
Continuing to listen, she nods with understanding when Lebenha says she has no real skill at piloting, almost interrupting to say she also lacks such skill. As Lebenha mentions her skill with the lightsaber, Zela finds herself, not for the first time, wondering why some Jedi focus so much on skill with a lightsaber.

Of course, I understand the importance of being able to defend oneself, but to harm another?... She shakes her head at the thought. Although, perhaps it is simply my lack of skill which inspires my feelings on the matter, she ponders. Pulling away from her thoughts, she realizes she has not introduced herself yet.

“Hello,” She greets everyone warmly. “My name is Zela Dawnrunner.” She pauses for a second deciding what she should share about herself. “I love plants and learning about different cultures. I especially love the ancient lore and mythology of a people. I find that if you can understand a person’s superstitions, rituals and mythology that you can better understand the person. In this way, it is easier to create harmony and this is one of the reason’s I became a Jedi. I’m not particularly skilled at piloting; in all honesty I’m not all that skilled at being a passenger.” She lets out a laugh at her own joke. “I’m also not very skilled with a lightsaber,” she adds as an afterthought, thinking it might matter to someone.

The last to speak is Mishi, and she wonders at his words. What does he hunt? The thought rekindles her interest in his race and she finds herself watching him as the group is led to a room on the ship.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon follows attentively as Master Floran leads the party to the briefing room. He watches intently as the last few members introduce themselves, and momentarily wonders if they waited so long out of shyness, or perhaps something else.

After a few moments' reflection, however, he decides that there is an innocence present, a refreshing breath of clean air after all the depressing news about the war. However, speaking of the war...once Master Floran has given his introductions and asked for questions, Gryphon plows right in. "Master, ever since we were Knighted and told what our task would be, I've been doing some research into the war, the theaters of operation, and how things in general were going. I understand the need to mop up at Russan; I am wondering about the other worlds that have housed Sith academies...particularly Korriban, as that is supposed to be where their strongest students go to become Sith Lords. Will the Council be looking into those matters, Master?."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: