The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 1: Riptide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> Chapter 1: Riptide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lebenha was happy to see another woman in the group and she walks at Zelda's side while they walk to the brefing room.

When Master Floran talks about their mission Lebenha gets an uneasy feeling in her stomach.

"Excuse me Master " she says when he answers Gryphon questions. " I Know that the Sith are a threat to all that is good and peaceful in the galaxy. And that they could not be allowed to roam the galaxy but this mission seems... " she pauses looking for the words "... I don't know, actively looking for someone to... remove them" she use the same words as the Master did " seems to me something like the Sith will do. Is there no other option? Like held them in some prison moon or somethin?"
She tries to remember something that had been known to be efective for holding Sith or fallen Jedi for long periods of time.

(OOC: Jedi Lore roll I guess Wink )
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revv smiled slightly at Zela's introduction, appreciating her candor.

The smile was soon replaced as the mission details became clear. Revv's eyes narrowed slightly as he turned over the words, "remove them as a threat," in his mind. While Revv felt confident in resolving an array of conflicts, he was not sure such tactics would work with Sith adepts trained in the dark side of the force.

Forcing himself to focus, Revv took a calming breath and returned his focus to the conversation taking place.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I’m going to wait here at the ship and oversee the refueling and other things. A captain’s duties are never done… when can I expect our droid to arrive, Master?” He responds to the suggestion of using one of the cruiser’s briefing rooms.

When everyone has left, he finds a comfortable spot to lean next to the docking arm; he removes the power pack from his pulse pistols, to remove any chance of accidental discharge, and spends his time working on his quick-draw technique, along with his flourishing techniques.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Floran takes a slow breath, " The Jedi order is in disarray," He stats plainly, "There are barely enough of us remaining to tend to our most basic responsibilities." That haunted look flashes over his features again, "Most of our number will be focused on the survival of the order soon enough, and without the direct threat of the Sith, I fear that many will not wish to invest resources into enemies that they no longer think are dangerous."

"We are seeking to neutralize threats. You aren't to be assassins, though when dealing with the Sith, violence is likely to be the only option at times. If a situation can be resolved through diplomacy, or by aiding others, then, that would be preferable" He seems to consider Lebenha's words for several seconds, "If taking one of the Sith alive can be done without additional risk to yourselves, . . . then the Order can contain them. Though you should not do so lightly, as even the least capable among them can be more dangerous than you would ever imagine."

As Garren watches the crew load his the Azure Sabre, he watches as two of the crew lead a unfamiliar droid onto the ship.

(OOC: Sorry about the lack of updates lately, my boys have been more than a hand full lately.)
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon listens to Master Floran's words, feeling the gravity they convey.

"Master, is there perhaps some equipment, or specific training we might receive, that would be of help when confronting a Sith directly? Particularly when considering taking one alive? A Sith will be trained, as are we, to deflect blaster bolts, so simply stunning them will be problematic."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Floran's eyes turn to Gryphon, "For the last hundred years, we have trained Jedi to kill Sith," He reaches up and rubs his eyes, "Capturing Sith alive is something that has happened rarely, and when it has happened, it has typically come at great cost." His eyes skim over the group, "I know Jedi who can match a Sith on the battlefield, and I even know a few who could probably capture one alive. But I do not know any who would greet that task willingly."

"It is not a task that you should consider lightly," His gaze hardens, "And have no illusions, a captured Sith is likely far more dangerous than any you will face in combat."

"The Sith I have had the misfortune to meet have not been honorable, have not been trustworthy, and there has been no light in them that can be redeemed." He pauses for a long moment, "My Master once told me that there is light in even the darkest heart, but this war has jaded me into believing otherwise." A hint of a smile touches his eyes under his breathing apparatus, "Perhaps that is why you have been chosen for this task." He says quietly, seemingly to himself.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That is why I am asking for help, Master," Gryphon says, nonplussed. "It is not a task I would consider lightly either. I don't presume to be an expert in anything; honestly, I am surprised that the lot of us have been Knighted so early in our careers. Yes, that might make for a certain amount of optimism that has been leached out of the Order due to the war, but that optimism needs to be tempered by wisdom and common sense." He looks around the room, then looks Floran in the eye. "I'm smart enough to admit we have a great deal to learn, especially about the Sith and how to deal with them. And that is why we need you to rise above that desperation that has fallen over the galaxy, so that we can fulfill our mission without suffering such losses. We need your guidance, otherwise we're fighting a completely uphill battle."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revv steps forward a bit, listening intently to the conversation between Gryphon and Master Floran. He nods in agreement with Gryphon and states calmly, "I must agree, Master. I cannot help but sense desperation in the whole situation. For such a young group of Jedi to be so hastily assembled and given this important and perhaps perilous mission, seems a bit desperate." Revv looks around before continuing quietly, "we can all sense it, Master."

Turning to Gryphon, Revv continues in a very calm and measured tone, "All that being said, the force is always moving, perhaps especially in desperate times. While we are young and inexperienced, if it is the will of the force that we all take this mission with limited information and guidance, I for one am confident that the force will guide us."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon nods respectfully. "Agreed. I have complete confidence in the Force and its guidance. However, I've always been taught to be prepared, so I have to do my best to make sure we undertake this with the utmost preparedness."
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“S’cuse me!” Garren chimes at the maintenance workers.

He begins approaching them twirling a pistol in either hand, putting each away with a flourish when he stops in front of them.

“The name’s Ruen, Captain Ruen. I’ll take it from here boys.”

He drops to a knee in front of the Astromech droid to get at eye level and pats the droid on the top of his dome.

“Let’s get you plugged into the computer and get acquainted, I have a feeling you and me are gonna go places little fella.”

Garren leads the droid to a computer with a proper interface for the droid, and some way for him to display text so the droid can communicate with him.

“Go ahead and plug in here, fella.” He motions to the computer. “What do I call you anyway?”

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A profound sadness seems to settle onto Master Floran's features as his gaze settles on Gryphon, "I truly wish that I had more help to give." His dark eyes pass over those assembled, "This war has devastated the Jedi Order. Nearly every capable Jedi that remained to the order was on Russan. What once was a proud and powerful order is now made up of those too old, or to feeble to fight on the front lines." Gesturing at the people around him, "There are likely less than a hundred Knights remaining to the entire order. So yes, the situation seems desperate, because it is. Look at yourselves," His features seem to harden, "You are more than the order can afford to spare right now." His wrinkled features seem to pinch beneath his breathing apparatus as he allows a moment for his words to sink in, "Without the war, local grudges are already cropping back up between systems. Once you have departed, I will be going to the Brak sector to try quelling a local uprising. Would you have me abandon those people to come with you? Potentially allowing tens of thousands of sentient beings to die fighting when it can be averted? Would you see Master Aarn leave the Temple, abandoning the students without a teacher? The Order needs to be seen helping where it can, the Republic needs to see that it hasnt been abandoned by its guardians." Taking a slow, deep breath, he continues, "We are all fighting an uphill battle, but the Order has given you everything it can spare. I truly wish that we could send battle hardened Knights and experienced diplomats to aid you in this task, but it is not to be so.

The deck hands shrug and let Ruen take the droid. As the two move away, he thinks he hears one man mumble "good riddance" under his breath. The droids oblong dome swivels towards Ruen before blowing a raspberry at him and rolling up the ramp. At the top of the ramp, the droid's dome swivels both ways, as if taking in its surroundings before heading for the bridge.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revv bows respectfully to Master Floran and glances quickly at his fellow jedi before replying, "Master, we will do our best to see that the task is done, no matter how difficult it may turn out to be. And may the force be with you in Brak sector."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon also bows to Master Floran. "Just so, Master. We will not fail you.

If there is nothing else, we should probably be on our way. Best to be about our mission as quickly as possible. Or at least, we can help do anything necessary on board the ship so we can depart; no reason to leave all the repairs to the techs and the captain...after all, we'll not have them once we leave."
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leb nods and says goodbye to the Master as he leaves.
She then follow the others back to the ship, willing to help but keeping herself in second place not really sure what to do. She doesn't have real knowledge of starships she could be of more help if directed by the captain or someone.
Still she looks troubled, as if the relevations of the Master about the real situation of the Order had worried her.
Zela
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zela’s attention is diverted from Mishi as she notices Lebenha walking beside her. She opens her mouth to say something to the other woman as they walk, but then shuts it, feeling a sudden and rather uncharacteristic bout of shyness. It dawns on her that she hasn’t any female friends. On her home planet none of the other girls spoke to her much less wanted to be her friend. At the temple, she’d been so busy with her studies and even though she’d gone out of her way to be nice to everyone she encountered, perhaps she’d spread herself too thin? Never delving too deeply into any one person’s attentions and therefore never making any real friends. Zela finds herself wondering if this mission is going to change that for her.

Once in the debriefing room, she wanders over to locate refreshments, taking great care not to pick up anything too sweet. The gravity of the mission before them sinks in as Master Floran speaks. She smiles as Lebenha, then Gryphon speak up, voicing many of her own concerns. However, Master Floran’s reasons are just and Zela feels that although it would be a great comfort to have the Master along, it’s their task and somehow this group she’s in is meant to complete it. She smiles when Revv assures Master Floran that they will do their best and nods when Gryphon states that they will not fail. She feels a surge of confidence in her fellow Jedi.

After Lebenha says goodbye to Master Floran, Zela steps up to him and regards him for a second. She wants to say something that will bring him comfort, that will make him smile.

“Master I…” she pauses, unsure if her words will perform the task she wishes. “Zelosian’s hate the dark, as I’m sure you know and one of my favorite proverbs as a child seems appropriate here. ‘Even the smallest flame can hold back the darkness.’ Of course, we say this because it brings us comfort in the dark night. Yet it seems appropriate now. Our group is small and many of us are unsure of ourselves, such as myself, “She says with a chuckle. “But we can do this task. We will see each other again.” She pauses and glances at her wrist. “I’ve um, I’ve never done this before,” She says, a little embarrassed, sliding something off her wrist, from underneath her robe. It’s a small bracelet, made of small stones. “This is a promise bracelet. I’ve never had a reason to give it to anyone before and well, to be honest no one would have accepted it from me. Keeping one’s promise is very good luck. So we often make promises to each other and exchange bracelets, to strengthen our good-luck. So here, “She hands the small bracelet to Master Floran. “Accept this bracelet and you make the promise to return it someday.” She smiles and bows. “May the force be with you Master.” She looks up at him one last time and then walks off to join the others at the ship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: