The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 1: Riptide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> Chapter 1: Riptide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Gryphon walks on, he glances back to see the little astromech that is warbling loudly.

Not being aware of any droids having been assigned to the party, and not being fluent in the chirps and whistles that comprise their language, Gryphon smiles at the droid, then continues on to the bridge. Once there, he straps in to one of the seats, out of the way of the operation of the ship, but able to watch the process of taking off.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little droid clearly stands into Gryphon's way and doesn't let him continue towards the bridge.

As Gryphon takes a step back the droid seems pleased but doesn't move.

Behind him Lebenha says

"It seems that he doesn't want you to go the bridge..."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon turns his full attention to the droid. "I'm not aware of your designation, or even your assignment to this team. However, my name is Gryphon, and I am a member of this team. I have every right to be on the bridge; now, move aside. We are about to depart."
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little droid beeps once, and moves a little bit towards the bridge. He turns his holovid sensor towards Gryphon as if he wanted him to follow.

The Jedi does, as the droid seems to be guiding him towards the bridge. It stops haflway howevere and connects himself to a diagnosis console, wich have a display screen though.

After some beeps and whistles Gryphon can read what the droid is trying to tell him before.

"6687L-TP here. Designation by ship's Captain LT. Jedi Knight Gryphon Kyrk authorized member of the passengers list. No civilans are allowed to the key areas of the ship by Captain's orders. Please proceed towards your designated accomodation area as soon as possible. As the civilian Gryphon Kyrk as stated we are about to depart. You will be more comfortable at your designated accomodation area during the take off maneuvers and the journey towards destination."

LT moves his holovid sensor towards Gryphon but he cannot tell if he is waiting for an answer or for him to comply with the instructions.

Gryphon can't tell for sure but he would swear that Lebenha's companion, who is hovering over his shoulder is laughing.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon smiles at the little astromech. "You've obviously not been properly. I am a Jedi, as are most of the personnel on this voyage. As such, we are not 'civilians.' This is a Jedi mission; therefore I, and all the rest of the Jedi, are not to be considered civilians, and are to be allowed anywhere on this vessel we deem necessary to go. Do you understand?"
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little droid seems to ponder Gryphon words for a few seconds, making quiet sounds and whistles. Then another message appears on the screen.

"Sorry sir, but the Captain has stated that other personel except him or this unit has to be labeled as 'civilian'. I recommend you to contact him if your mission attributions put you in another category. Sorry Sir but this unit must go to the bridge to complete the preflight checkings. I highly suggest that you head to your quarters and contact the captain."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon looks down at the astromech, crossing his arms over his broad chest. "And how long have you been assigned to this ship? I'm sure that, if you aren't capable of understanding the intricacies of our personnel, another droid can be easily requisitioned before we depart. Perhaps a memory wipe might be in order; how long ago was your last wipe performed?"
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"3 hours, 32 minutes, 58 seconds and counting Sir" displays the screen in answer at Gryphon first question, accompanied by some whistles. Civilian and non-critical personnel are not allowed into main commanding areas. Direct orders of the Captain. My last wipe was 36 cycles 2456 hours 68 minutes 5 seconds ago and counting. " the little droid seems to search into his databanks. "If civilian personnel has any complaint with the Captain rules I suggest you call him via the intercom located in your quarters or the common area Sir. I am only following orders."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon inhales and exhales a deep breath, washing away growing irritation at the droid. "The captain isn't the only person on board who gives orders on this ship. Especially to a droid. You've been assigned to us for three hours, so you've not yet learned the order of things here. I'll make allowances for that. I am giving you new orders: move aside. Otherwise, I'll simply move you and continue on to the bridge."

Gryphon is beginning to get the impression their pilot is up to something shady, and now he definitely won't be deterred from getting to the bridge."
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the little droid has an opportunity to reply into his screen Gryphon moves and heads towards the bridge. There he finds their Captain, getting the ship ready for take-off, running through an extensive pre-flight check list.
The droid enters the bridge just behind Gryphon, emiting a number of angry whistles and beeps.

[[OOC: We need some other players here ]]
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: Yes we do. Do you want to keep going, or wait for more input?))
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[[OOC: I will try to send some pm. If no answer in two days I will continue Ok?]]
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: That's fine with me.))
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon finally reaches the bridge, where he can find their captain preparing the ship for launch.

Before any of them could speak the droid enters the bridge, obviously angry and connects himself to a console.

"Sir! I am sorry Sir! I told the civilian that this area is off-limits to non military personnel but he insisted in disobey the orders Sir."

The captain smiled and replied.

"It's Ok LT. Let's see what we can do for our guest."

He then turns to Gryphon

"Well, what can we do for you?"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This isn't a military ship, Captain," Gryphon says, matter-of-factly. "It is a Jedi mission, and a Jedi vessel. You were hired by the Jedi to be our pilot. None of us disputes that, nor do any of us wish to replace you. I don't know why you would think that, but it bothers me that you do. It also bothers me that you are telling this R2 unit that we are not allowed on the bridge of our ship during takeoff." He gestures around the bridge. "Those of us who aren't skilled in shipboard duties need to learn them. We need to be able to assist you in an emergency; if the astromech is damaged, or if you're seriously injured, we'll be stranded. We have a vital mission to seek out and destroy the remnants of the Sith Order. We cannot, MUST not, be held up for any reason; least of all your pride."

He looks the pilot deep in the eyes. "You have my word as a Jedi Knight that you are every bit as much a part of our team as any other of us. You will be treated with the same respect any of us will have for any other of us; if any of our number fails to accord you this, simply come to me and I'll deal with it. However," he adds, "we are to be a team. You need to stop trying to keep us in the dark.

"So...are you going to instruct our new companion to stand down? Or shall I have to simply have him fitted with a restraining bolt before we leave?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: