The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

OOC Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> OOC Thread Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: OOC Thread Reply with quote

For out of character questions, thoughts, and friendly banter.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you've finally gotten the forum, Guardian.

Giggitygiggitygiggitygiggity
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! I was starting to wonder, . . . thankfully everyone's favorate administrator had just been busy with other things the last couple of weeks. I was actually a day or two away from trying to run the game in either the "PbP Overview" or "Empire's End" forum.

At this point, I think I'm going to give everyone a few days to make the transition to this forum before getting things started. The plan right now is to get things started some time over the weekend.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see everything worked out!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone is posting their characters, give yourselves 3 Character Points for use as the game progresses.

Jedi Skyler,
You went out of your way to help me out with some rules issues when getting this story ready to run. As a thank you, give yourself 1 additional CP.

Everyone,
I cant promise that I will do it real often, but I like to reward players who go out of their way to help me or their fellow players out. If I feel that someone goes way out of their way to help me out, I might reward them with a CP. Also, if one of your fellow players goes out of their way to help you out, send me a PM to let me know what all they did for you. If I think they deserve it, I'll give them a CP.

I tend to award Skill pips instead of CP at the end of chapters simply because its simple for me to keep track of, but that dosnt mean I wont hand out CPs from time to time for use in-game. (Or you can still try saving them up and using them normally if you want.)
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay guys, I think I have my character's stats made up, I'm just trying to wrap up the backstory & other bits of fluff. I'll try to be done in the next day or so.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
As everyone is posting their characters, give yourselves 3 Character Points for use as the game progresses.

Jedi Skyler,
You went out of your way to help me out with some rules issues when getting this story ready to run. As a thank you, give yourself 1 additional CP.

Everyone,
I cant promise that I will do it real often, but I like to reward players who go out of their way to help me or their fellow players out. If I feel that someone goes way out of their way to help me out, I might reward them with a CP. Also, if one of your fellow players goes out of their way to help you out, send me a PM to let me know what all they did for you. If I think they deserve it, I'll give them a CP.

I tend to award Skill pips instead of CP at the end of chapters simply because its simple for me to keep track of, but that dosnt mean I wont hand out CPs from time to time for use in-game. (Or you can still try saving them up and using them normally if you want.)

Thanks, chief! I like that policy; tends to help the players get along better, and can make for a much richer game.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:

Jedi Skyler,

Everyone,

Thanks, chief! I like that policy; tends to help the players get along better, and can make for a much richer game.

Yeah, its worked real well around the gaming table too. Its amazing how much time it saves the GM when you can get the players to help each other.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you guys know, I'm getting things ready on my end to play. I'm planning to start writing the intro for the story tomorrow. Right now, I'm just waiting on one more person to get me their finished character sheet (I have one more"for sure" player and two more maybes that I'm still waiting to hear from). If I dont get it by the end of the weekend (As early as tomorrow if I feel ambitious), we'll get started and any stragglers can catch up as we get started.

I've been watching the intro thread with some interest. I'll try to make a post over there some time tonight.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have everyone ready to play that is planning to play at this point (If there are any stragglers, we can work them into the story as we go.) So I figure its past time we get things moving.

Since we've been having really good participation in the "Jedi Temple" thread, I've decided that I'm going to go a head and run the Prelude in that thread before moving everything to another thread as the adventure begins. Everything is ready to go on my end, we just need to get you guys Knighted!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give our last player another day to post (It looks like a good chance for some good player interaction, so I'd really hate to push things forward and have the chance to miss out on it.) I'll most likely be making my next post some time tomorrow.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I've got some stuff going on with the inlaws starting Wednesday. Odds are pretty good that I'm going to be AWOL through the end of the weekend, and even if I can get a little online time, its going to be erratic at best. Things should be back to normal on my end early next week.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, Guard. My first week of school has just started, so I'm a little busier than I have been. Will try to keep my posts a little more frequent than once a week.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to give you guys a little heads up for how I'm going to start the main thread for this game.

Once the characters have been knighted I'll be locking the current thread and, we'll be moving to the new thread for the "Mission Briefing" as the story gets going.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try holding off one more day to see if any of our wayward players find the time to make their post. Either way, I'm going to try moving the story forward tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: