The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Death of Liberty Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Death of Liberty Campaign Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there any PvP action cause of what bishop did after sunrider calmed that beast down?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost. Barabel are supposed to be reverential towards Jedi, but our resident Barabel has really taxed the Jedi's patience.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the barbel player felt his 'being reverential play' was to kill something his 'reverred' had calmed down..?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the reverential treatment of Jedi is a general thing that most Barabel have. It's definitely a cultural thing.

But this particular Barabel - who happens to be one of the rare few who's actually encountered a Jedi - is not so reverential towards them. He'd probably never do anything directly against a Jedi, but he doesn't hesitate to throw a monkey wrench into the machinery of what the Jedi is attempting.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drew out a huge map for the 'Smashup Speeder' race, with each space/hex representing 100 meters or so. Then I made tiny miniatures of each of the seven vehicles competing, two of them by the PCs (their Hovertank stolen from the Imperials earlier in the Episode and a new Ultra-Light Assault Craft they purchased).

Here's a picture of the early action:

DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually the vehicles separated a bit. The PCs hammered a bit at the armor of a number of the other craft, but couldn't seem to do much to the big Ubrikkian Speeder Tank (the only Walker-scale craft participating).

Later, after they wounded an external gunner on the enemy tank with blaster fire, Bishop launched a concussion missile into the interior of the powerful other vehicle, killing the other two combatants inside and guaranteeing the PCs the win!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did bishop get a DSP for that?
darkclown789
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Dark Side Point? For attacking a creature that threatened them out in the wild?

Did Luke get a DSP for slaying the rancor? "Oh he was trapped" you will probably say. Bishop had no idea that the beast was calmed, the Jedi did not communicate this with the rest of the party. In his eyes, he was heroically throwing himself between his companions and the prey.

And its rather speciest of you to assume that just because some Barabel as a culture revere Jedi, that ALL of them are that way. My particular Barabel often butts head with the Jedi, because the Barabel is used to having control over a situation when it gets physical, as does the Jedi. Among other things, like destroying Bishop's sword several times (not always on purpose) they often do not get along.

Wolves do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asking about the DSP in relation to him killing the occupants of other racing vehicles out of greed (ensuring his team won).. NOT from the killing of the animal.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up the section on DSP right when that happened, and being as he spent CP to insure the attack hit (but not for damage), I decided not to award a DSP.

It was borderline, but one could say that - with both sides trying to kill each other - they weren't actually just doing it out of greed. The tropy had a Force Crystal in it, so they were especially keen to not allow that to fall into the wrong hands.

In fact, most of the party (especially the Padawan) went out of their way to use non-lethal force, both Jedi using Concentration to minimize damage done, to simply take out their opponents without severely injuring them.

The concussion missile ended up killing that vehicle's technician and mortally wounding the driver. I decided that the wounded gunner (who had been shot while on the surface of the craft) came to the aid of the driver, so he can return some day (i.e., he was mortally wounded, but was saved in time before he died).
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in Bandor as they overhaul the Safe Haven’s hyperdrive, the group learns of an upcoming contest; Sunrider and Shan sense the Force emanating from a large crystal in the trophy for the event. When they decide to enter the race, Zebron disguises their hoverscout while Bishop helps the others purchase a Sienar Ultra-Light Assault Vehicle. As they bribe a race official to allow their hovercraft in, they befriend mercenary Gordann. Seven vehicles compete in the Smashup Speeders contest; Ordo pilots the ULAV with Shan as a gunner while Zebron drives the hoverscout, Bishop, Sunrider, and Gordann manning weapons. The other smaller landspeeders are wiped out quickly by the two bigger craft: the hoverscout and an Ubrikkian Speeder Tank driven by Yarkora expert racer Keel-Vovach. Bishop fires a concussion missile inside the opposing vehicle, though, which allows the ULAV to easily win the race. The victors receive 50,000 credits and the trophy, many also collecting gambling winnings. The mortally wounded Keel-Vovach is rescued by his injured gunner, Klatooinian Darg Hendyker.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
I looked up the section on DSP right when that happened, and being as he spent CP to insure the attack hit (but not for damage), I decided not to award a DSP.

It was borderline, but one could say that - with both sides trying to kill each other - they weren't actually just doing it out of greed. The tropy had a Force Crystal in it, so they were especially keen to not allow that to fall into the wrong hands.

Hm.. Sounds a little like you bent the "line' on what gives/doesnt give a DSP.. but sounds like it was a fun session.
What does that force crystal do?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
DougRed4 wrote:

Hm.. Sounds a little like you bent the "line' on what gives/doesnt give a DSP.. but sounds like it was a fun session.
What does that force crystal do?

IMO I didn't "bend the line" in even the slightest. In fact, almost the opposite. I was pretty sure a DSP was warrarnted, but when I looked at the RAW it was quite clear that it wasn't.

They're not sure yet what the Force Cyrstal will do. I have a few players that read/lurk here so I'll probably wait until more is discovered about it.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if that was a deliberate 'leave out' the rule is spending CP for damage on attacks is most likely evil, but why is it not as evil to spend it to ensure you DO hit?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I really doubt they accidentally "left something out", just because it doesn't suit your particular definition. More likely as long as one wasn't channelling hatred or anger, the proficiency with which one wields a weapon doesn't particularly lead one down either path.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: