The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mar Corel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Mar Corel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Mar Corel Reply with quote

Mar Corel:
Template Type: Smuggler

Physical Description: A tall (2 metre), slender man. Mar is a intense person to meet, bursting with energy, ready to jump out and grab any situation by the horns and tackle it.

Background: Mar is the middle child of a large family, born and raised on Hurah II (A Corellian Colony), whose main source of income comes from a fair amount of shares in the Corellian Engeneering Company. He had to do outragous things to stand out from his brothers and sisters, as well as show that he was just as good as his poorer friends. Mar took this as he did any other challange in his life: As a fun way to spend an day. It was this manner that ended up getting him into many of his adventures and challanges, be it joining the planetary militia, going into the Tramp Freighter business which turned to smuggling, his infamous exploits in the Corporate Sector Authority (Which lead to his gaining three death marks there), and, finally, back to Hurah II, where he hasn't so much as mellowed, but went back to legitimacy and became a leader in the Planetary Militia, an Arms Dealer, a Test Pilot, and a major Political Player.

Personality: Mar is the definitive Corellian. Brash, hardheaded, reckless, and completely unstopable when he puts his mind to it. All this, despite not being a Corellian. Despite that, he has always been loyal to his family, friends, and his homeworld (In that order), and has occasionally dropped literally everything to come racing back to the rescue.

Objectives: To make Hurah II a great place to live, to protect it's people, and to fight the good fight no matter the odds. And, if a profit can be made off of it, so much the better!

A Quote: "Those are the odds, eh? Sounds like fun!"

Dexterity: 3D
* Blasters: 5D+1
* Blasters: Heavy Blaster Pistols: 6D
* Dodge: 5D
* Grenade: 4D+1
* Melee Combat: 3D+2
* Running
* Vehicle Blasters: 3D+2

Knowledge: 2D+1
* Business: 4D
* Business: Corel & DuVal: 5D
* Business: CEC: 4D+2
* Business: Koensayr: 4D+1
* Languages
* Value: 4D
* Planetary Systems
* Alien Species
* Streetwise: 5D+1

Mechanical: 3D+2
* Swoop Operation
* Astrogation: 6D
* Sensors: 4D
* Space Transports: 6D+1
* Space Transports: YT-2000: 7D+2
* Starfighter Piloting: 6D
* Starfighter Piloting: O-Wing: 7D
* Starship Gunnery: 5D+1
* Starship Gunnery: Mass Driver: 6D
* Starship Shields: 4D+2
* Repulsorlift Operations: 4D+1

Perception: 3D
* Con: 4D
* Forgery
* Gambling
* Persuasion: 4D+2
* Search
* Sneak
* Bargain: 4D+2

Strength: 3D
* Brawling
* Swimming
* Stamina
* Climbing / Jumping
* Lifting

Technical: 3D
* Starship Weapons Repair: 5D
* (A) Starship Weapons Engineering: 1D+2
* Blaster Repair
* First Aid: 4D
* Repulsorlift Repair
* Space Transport Repair: 5D
* (A) Space Transport Engineering: 1D
* Starfighter Repair: 5D
* (A) Starfighter Engineering: 1D

Game Notes: Mar Corel is naturally ambidexterous, and has trained himself to "Shoot Akimbo" with no penalties, if targeting the same person. If he attempts to shoot two different targets at once, he can do so, but at -2D for each shot (Both versions of this act as only one action).

Equipment: YT-2000 "Corellian Butterfly", Twin BlasTech DL-6H Long Range Heavy Blaster Pistols, Nice (But Comfortable) Clothing, a pair of WESTAR-34's that were said to have belonged to Jango Fett (He wears them on special occasions.), Shares in Corel & DuVal, CEC, and Koensayr.

Last edited by Ray on Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I like it.

Though, I think the advanced skills are "engineering" rather than "design" but I'm just nitpicky. 8)

Is he your favorite character?

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you're right. Corrected. Along with a few other odds and ends.

As for him being one, yes... In a way. He's only existed in my head, never used as a PC. Wish he could be... I'd even start out with the idea for him. Maybe one day...

I think the very idea would scare my GM. He's scared enough of Mass Drivers. Laughing

Next up, when I get bored, "The Corellian Butterfly", testbed for the Mass Drivers, Honourable mention in the CEC Freight Haulers Contest, and heavily modified "Luxury" Freighter with some... "Special Modifications", all thanks to Mr. DuVal!
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never played him! That sucks. You got a good story going for him. I think if you start from scratch with him, your MOG, after some begging, would be willing to let you play him.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know my MOG, Rathe, nor the current campaign. We're currently in a Scouts Campaign... No chance in *HECK* of getting someone like Mar into it...

Mar's a Risktaker, but he likes his civilization and company. Scouts are those strange fellows that go out for half a year, come back for two, three days, then go right back out again.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mar will just have to wait for a new game and a new horizon.

Being a scout sounds cool. What character do you run in that game?

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duros Pilot/Astrogator/Autolab Operator/Cook, and back-up medic, repulsorlift pilot, and tech. Name of Xar.

He's... Well... Think Col. Sanders. That's him. Immaculate White Suit, Southern Accent, ect.

He's also the group's wet blanket and sober second thought (Which is strange, as he's never seen without a Mint Julip in his hand), and the first to suggest going to firepower... Suggest, mind... We're not very bloodthirsty, and it is, indeed, the last resort.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. How long have you been running him?

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little over a year.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Hoody Hoo!!! Reply with quote

Mar Corel now exists!!! I broke down and bought "Star Wars Galaxies"... And on the Tempest Server, on Corellia, you just might run into him.

I lucked out with an... Experiment that someone wanted to try that netted me 10,000 credits as an... "Apology" when it didn't turn out as she thought. I got me some nice threads and a really cool Blaster on my first day!!!

Now... If only I hadn't gotten owned by BUTTERFLIES!!!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Corellian Butterfly:
Once, a workhorse for the CEC, this craft took small, but expensive cargos from one CEC facility to another over many years, until one too many attacks had broken a few spars in the spine of the craft, and CEC dumped the craft on the market on Hurrah II. Mar Corel, fresh out of getting kicked out of the Militia, and looking for a way to make his own name in the universe, bought the craft and convinced his good friend DuVal to help him fix it up and use it to explore the galaxy and become famous. After alot of work (And a few "Special Modifications" from Mr. DuVal), the Butterfly was ready to go out and do it's duty again!
A few of the modifications include the enhanced hyperdrive system that is just a hair over the Milspec models... The augmented Ion Engines that scream out like a Tie Fighter... And, Mar's Favorite, the Cupholder that is designed to fit any takeout container in the Known Galaxy (And can be adjusted for the ones outside the known Galaxy!).
After his bout in the CSA as a Smuggler and Villian, Mar has turned his craft into a mobile platform for selling his wares and on trade negotiations with politicos outside of Hurrah II, and it shows. The ship gleams from it's custom paintjob, and the interior is the thing that Holonet fasion reports are made of (Literally!). It is also the testbed for Corel & DuVal's Mass Driver Systems, and despite now being a showship, it's still a breadwinner.

The Corellian Butterfly
Craft: Customized Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-2000-M
Type: Space transport
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 33 Metres
Skill: Space transports: YT-2000 (YT-1300 can be used at -1D)
Crew: Mar Corel, Mr. DuVal, Assorted Other Reprobates
Crew Skill: See Mar Corel and Associates
Passengers: 6
Cargo Capacity: 90 Metric Tons
Consumables: 3 months
Cost: Over Mar's Dead Body
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x0.9
Hyperdrive Backup: x5
Nav Computer: Yes
Space: 9
Atmosphere: 400; 1150 km/h
Manoeuverability: 1D
Hull: 5D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 50/1D
Scan: 75/2D
Search: 100/3D
Focus: 5/4D
Weapons:
Double Laser Cannon Turret (Fire Linked)
Fire Arc: Turret (Top)
Crew: 1 (or pilot at -1D Fire Control)
Skill: Starship Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 5D

Quad-40mm Mass Driver Cannon Turret:
Fire Arc: Turret (Bottom)
Crew: 1 (Or pilot at -1D Fire Control)
Skill: Starship Gunnery: Mass Driver
Fire Rate: 3
Damage: 5D

Corel & DuVal HV-75 Prototype 75mm Mass Driver:
Fire Arc: Front (Port Mandable)
Crew: Pilot
Skill: Starship Gunnery: Mass Driver
Fire Rate: 1
Damage: 4D Starfighter

Special Equipment: Corel & DuVal Autosmelter, Alternate Transponder ("The Hyperspace Nomad" under Captain Rig Mitchal), Improved Alternate Fire Control Module (Decreases the Penalty for Turret shots from the Pilots Console by 1D), Really Well Stocked Bar, Luxury Augmentations (Solid Gold Refresher And Everything!!!), Freighter-Sized Pre-Regulation Destroyer-Class Solid Fuel Recoil Booster (Space increases by 10 for 5 Rounds, but -3D to all Piloting Rolls to change direction).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: