The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Multiple Action Penalties and Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Multiple Action Penalties and Damage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Multiple Action Penalties and Damage Reply with quote

Do you generally apply MAP penalties for most damage done? I know the RAW differentiate how only the Strength of a character is doubled (not the weapon dice) when using a Force point.

Is it the same for most weapons? In other words, is a blaster's damage (let's say it's 5D) affected by how many actions the character is using?

I know that Strength based attacks are (which makes sense), so your Melee and Brawling attacks are affected. But should damage from a blaster or lightsaber change (i.e., be less) based on the fact that the character is shooting or swinging really quickly?
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope 8)
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know that damage with melee weapons is affected by a MAP... where in the rules can I find that?
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find where in 2R&E it specifies that MAP affects melee and brawling damage, only their attack rolls. RAW could be interpreted either way but traditionally 1E and 2E did not penalise melee/brawling damage with MAP, in fact I think 2E specified Strength for damage was a free roll not affected by MAP.
Individual GMs could rule either way for the 2R&E system but since I can't find it specifically stated it looks like a House rule, albeit fairly logical when I think about it.

Up to you I guess on that one. I thought the OP meant only attack rolls with melee/brawling attacks.
2R&E does specify the Control damage pool added to lightsabre damage with lightsabre combat is affected by MAP, but the minimum damage is the base damage of the lightsabre which it normally does without lightsabre combat activated anyway.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penalties from MAPs yes.. but wound penalties would still lower Str for brawl/melee damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: