The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventure Prologue: Gameworld Introduction
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir -> Adventure Prologue: Gameworld Introduction Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel leans back a little, considering his options for a long moment before deciding to play the hand this situation has dealt him and trying to bluff his way through the situation, "I've heard a little about the mountain enclave, and I'd love to hear more about it. But what really holds my fascenation at the moment is that ammulet." He allows a slight smile to touch his eyes as he watches for a reaction.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazael grins wryly and touches the amulet, "Oh this? It's just an heirloom. My Master thought it might be useful on the mission."

Sammuel's general scholastic knowledge provides no information upon any item like this among the Ashla, he's never heard of one. Perhaps, foregoing Mazael actually telling him, if he had access to various planetary library records he could discover more about arcane technologies, independently. {OOC - this was a rolled result rather than a general statement}

Captain Vale stands and speaks over the group in an effort to draw attention back to himself momentarily.
"Perhaps it is time to review the briefing from the Iron Citadel for incoming Ashla arriving to the system," he mentions.

"Cinnagar Command and the Iron Citadel offers open invitation to all Ashla from Tython and covers berthing fees for starship travel and limited accommodations using a "missionary status" identicard I'll issue now. All local authorities within the system and among the colonial Treaty will recognise and give accordance to your position as Ashla Missionaries helping local governments in priority tasks...after which you'll receive a provisional status as independent contractors with securities licensing. It is recognised throughout the Colonies and will give access to equipment normally requiring licensing. It also exempts you from certain customs procedures for off-worlders throughout the Colonies."

"As part of the agreement, Ashla missionaries are expected to report to the Iron Citadel administration facilities in Cinnagar City to secure a mission satisfying their provisional status. Following completion of the mission you will be free to act as private contractors to the Iron Citadel or go your own way as independents, in accordance with agreements with the Tythonian enclaves."

"As I understand it, your particular mission, for which I was contracted to provide you berthing from Tython to Koros involves a deepspace mission to secure a trade route between Koros and Notron outside the Deep Core. Alien craft have been encountered and several exploration-survey vessels, in fact some of them crewed by friends of mine have been attacked, failing any ability to communicate effectively with these aliens."

"Cinnagar Command has secured and refit one of its Colonial warships, which is still moored at the space station and under completion of its modifications. So there is no immediate hurry and you will be free to explore the Koros system probably for several days before embarking. Simply report to the Iron Citadel within Cinnagar City on the planet itself at your leisure, any time within the next few days and you'll recieve a more comprehensive mission briefing. It's a little beyond my security clearance to be honest, so I don't have many details for you."

Captain Vale then opens a small lockbox and draws out a stack of identicards, which he passes around the table.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel accepts the identicard with a polite "Thank you." Before standing and facing the room.

"I have an announcement as well." He makes sure he has everyone's attention before continuing, "First off, I want to thank the crew for getting to our destination safely." He gives a friendly nod in their direction, "Secondly, I invite you all to join me at the nearest cantina with a sabbacc table once we are docked. First drink is on me." He turns his attention to his fellow Ashla, "And third, I'd like it if we could all meet before we check in at the Citadel. I'd like to know the people I'm going to be working with. And it would mean a lot to me if we can be friends."
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well then greetings, Mazael" he says to the Ashla, finally hearing his name. I should ask him about the Amulet Sammel was mentioning later.

When the Captain distributes the identicard, he takes on of them, giving the captain a faint smile and nodding to him.

He nods to Sammel as well after hearing his little speech. "Sounds like a well thought idea" and smiles again.

"Captain, one question. Do you know anything more about these aliens? Where do they come from, how exactly did they react when you encountered them? Or is that also something we will hear at the Iron Citadel?"
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Vale regards Aaron with a shrug.
"No I'm afraid the details are high security, I'm just a contractor. Not with the military, just minimal clearance. You guys will know more than me soon enough," he smiles.

The ship's intercom crackles with a woman's voice.
"Captain, we're coming up on final approach to Cinnagar Command. You might want to get our passengers strapped in."

Captain Vale stands and strolls over to a comlink interface on the wall and presses to reply.
"Roger that Lieutenant, bring us in."
He then turns to face the occupants of the Mess hall.
"You'd better move to the passenger lounge and strap in. Malka will show you, I'd better take my station."

The near-human, Malka stuffs the last piece of a bun into his mouth and washes it down with his drink as he stands and motions for the PCs to follow him towards another corridor, leading towards the front of the ship in the mid-deck. Meanwhile the Captain walks towards a step-rail leading to the deck above, followed shortly by Berias and Jenra.

"Just this way folks," Malka grins, happy to show his new 'friends' their way. "I'll come for a drink with you," he tells Sammel. "We're all going to have shore-leave now, besides you're pretty cool. You can meet my friends, I know this girl who'll sleep with you if you buy her a drink," he grins.

The Ashla party presumably follows: Aaron, Sammel, Mazael, another human-looking Ashla and his Manservant, who is carrying some luggage for him. Nobody's had much of a chance to talk with those two yet.

Malka leads them all through a long, tight corridor, past some maintenance access hatches, to the very nose of the mid-deck and a viewing lounge fronted by a transparisteel wall. Through this the magnificent calmness of space can be seen, and a massive space station looming ahead, in orbit above a terrestrial world. Light shuttle traffic can be seen, and several starships are moored to docking umbilicals, some of them frigate sized star cruisers much larger than The Starjumper, armed like warships.

In the lounge are also plush shock-seats for 8 passengers, arranged in a semi-circle facing the main viewport. To the sides are drink dispensers and an entertainment module, and an upper/lower deck access. The space station continues to loom ahead until it fills the windows, then starts to move laterally as The Starjumper veers into a turn for docking. Malka shows each passenger to their seats and straps them in, then bounds towards another step-rail to the deck above and disappears to the cockpit.

The engine hum normally felt through the deck floor begins to slow its cycles down to idle as the pilot brings the ship alongside using maneouvre thrusters, the craft slowing as it draws ever closer, the station continuing to move across the window until it falls to the right, revealing Koros Major's bright planetary curvature now ahead. Long moments pass until finally the entire ship shudders with a soft collision, well within structural tolerances, as it docks.

The intercom crackles again.
"Airlock is hard-sealed. Welcome to Cinnagar Command Station."
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, that was kinda anti-climatic. Expected a lot more rumbling of the ship and getting pushed inside the seats an so on."

"Gonna get the rest of my equipment. I'll meet you outside."

Aaron then leaves the lounge in order to get back to the carbo-freeze chamber to put on his armor and strap on his Sword and Rifle and the rest of his things and proceeds to the Airlock of The Starjumper.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel makes his way off the ship slowly, personally thanking any crew member he passes for the safe trip.

Once he leaves the airlock. He steps to one side so he isnt blocking the way, then takes a long look around to see what he can see. If he sees a dataport, he heads towards it to download some basic information about the station to his datapad (Station map, list of businesses, reviews for nearby cantinas, and recent news.)
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The airlock boarding ramp of the orbital starport leads into a customs area, where passengers and crew from other docking ports gather and bottleneck at inspection stations before heading into the starport proper. A customs officer dressed in a security uniform sees your party and waves you to a bypass gate, moving across to meet you.
"You're from Tython?" he asks rhetorically, "I'll just scan your Identicards and you can go on through."

He stops the manservant of one of the Ashla, who wasn't issued an Identicard like each of the Ashla passengers were.
"Ah...he's with me," the robed Ashla tells him.
"It's no problem," the customs-security inspector relates casually, "He'll just have to observe the local regulations you guys are exempted from. No long-weapons, no high powered sidearms, no heavy armour or explosives, there's a full list at the Information portals. As long as he's with you there's no need to inspect his gear, but on his own he'll be subject to all the standard off-worlder regulations."

"Okay, I understand," the Ashla agrees.
The group then continues through the customs bypass gate and into the space station's general habitat module.

This, central area is a circular marketplace, mall, entertainment and accommodations district some 1.5 kilometres across and several stories deck to transparisteel-glazed roof. Towards one end are shipyards access and maintenance bays, the opposite is the entertainment district and civilian traffic, a market running between, turbolift banks to other sections of the station are spaced throughout.

Large media flatscreens and holoprojectors hang suspended throughout the starport, providing directions, advertisements and local news headlines. There are also Information portals with touchscreens and dataplugs.

One of the suspended screens shows system information:
Koros System
9 planets
7 terrestrials
5 population centres
3 colonies
Koros Major population: 1.3 billion sentients
Warning: Ronika prison colony is a secure facility, do not approach

Another screen has directions:
Planetbound traffic:
please have berthing tickets on hand
Koros Major ex-Cinnagar City, docking module A1
Koros Minor, docking module A2
Phiris and Phoros, docking module A3
Gillad refineries, docking module A4
Tryast recreational retreat, docking module A5

There are several advertisements visible:
Make your parents proud, take a course in fine art at Cinnagar Academy.
Enjoy pitting yourself against nature in the untamed wilds? Purchase a Big Game Expedition at Tryast Tours for your next holiday!
Keres I mining colony is now hiring. Radiation-hardsuits and full medical benefits provided.
Own and operate your own deepspace exploration starship! Visit Koros Shipyards today!
Wanted, Reward 8,000 credits: the bounty hunter/assassin Rolok Tal is operating illegally in the Deep Core systems, reward paid for information leading to his capture. Do not approach.
Cinnagar Mining Guild is proud to announce the Navigators Guild Academy. Enquire about subsidised courses and traineeships today!

There is an Information portal hub some thirty metres nearby, like many others it has some questionable looking characters standing around it, local transients, street dealers and prostitutes.
There are sporadic patrols of station security troops, moving in pairs or threes. General population in the habitat module and market is a few thousand going about their business, no area is by any means vacant and each has a very wide range of common behaviour.
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron looks at the place in astonishment. Seeing so many people in such a relatively small space is not a common sight, at least not for him.

As he looks around, his sight stops at the directions screen. "Koros Major ex-Cinnagar City... Koros Minor... Gillad... well, how do we get to the Iron Citadel, I wonder...". Aaron is obviously a little disoriented here.

"At least I think we should go there first... even if we still have some days before the ship is actually ready, I don't think it's nice to keep our 'employers' waiting. So, business before pleasure. Or what would you say?" Aaron looks as his fellow Ashla.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel places a hand on Aaron's shoulder, "We've been given a couple of days to check in. After being frozen in carbonite for months, I for one would like a day to thaw out." He looks to the other Ashla to gague their reaction to what he is saying, "I vote that we run our errands today, meet up this evening for a drink and to get to know each other a little better, then check in tomorrow." He spreads his hands before himself in a shrug.

As he waits for everyone's reply, his eyes drift to the advertisement board. His attention lingers on the 8,000 credit reward, . . .
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazael comes to stand on Sammel's other side, towering over the pair and speaking in a gravelly voice.
"Well it seems you might be more useful than just taking the first hit, bureacrat," he grins jovially. This time he seems more satirical than intimidating, as if his grating manner with new acquaintences might be mostly an awkward sense of humour than any genuine malice. And it would stand to reason, if he had come from the reclusive mountain enclave, he may simply have poorly developed social skills. Not quite an excuse for rudeness, but possibly understandable leastways.

"Correct me if I'm wrong," he continues, "But there is little a common bounty hunter can do to hide from the eyes of the Force. And if we asked around quietly in some of the seedier cantinas, discovered something of this bounty hunter's reputation...well with a concrete image of who we seek that can increase the range in which you could locate him...at least have a sense of whether he is in the system."

"If you found him I could take him down, we could split the reward. Even better, we could inquire with the station security administration and see if there's a bigger payout for bringing him in ourselves, that reward was just for information..."

"What do you think?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thoughtful look crosses Sammel's features, "Bounty hunter? He's also an Assassin according to the bounty posting. Odds are pretty good that he's more dangerous than a normal bounty hunter," He pauses for a second, "But it is a good idea. It dosnt cost us anything to look into it, and it would give us a chance to work together," Sammel smirks, "I told the crew of the Starjumper that I'd buy them a drink this evening, but I dont have any other obligations."
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, if you guys thinkt so" he answers to Sammel, after he said that they have a couple of days to check in.

Hearing Mazaels proposition and Sammels answer, he says "Sounds good to me. And it also says that the reward is even paid when we only give them information that leads to his capture. So we wouldn't even have to fight him, if we really don't want to." Once again a mischievous grin appears on Aarons face. Well, if we know where he is, we might as well catch him ourselves.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazael purses his lips, "Pfft, assassin. So he probably broke some local rule about which weapons you can carry and use in a gunfight. Are there really any rules in a fight? Anyway his real value to us is credits, so our first stop should be the security administration to find out how much for delivering him ourselves."

He looks from Sammel to Aaron.
"Oh and of course we need to remove this dangerous individual from continuing to threaten the poor sentients of this system. It's a good deed, worthy of the Ashla" he smiles, sliding a hand through his dark hair.

He glances back at Sammel.
"I noticed your training seems concentrated on sensing the Force, if he's here I'm sure you could find him. He might even be in this starport."

Mazael then mutters under his breath, "You're going to be useful."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel gives Mazael a crooked grin, "No my friend, there arent any rules in a real fight. And thats why we have to take this serious." He looks the larger man in the eye, "Our gifts may set us apart from most people, making us capable of amazing feats, but it hardly makes us invincible." He makes a little bit of a grimace as he continues, "Sensing him through the Force would be difficult at the moment, I dont know anything about the guy other than a name and a profession. It can be difficult to locate a single person, especially when you dont have anything more than a name to go on."

"Our first order of business should be to find out more about this 'Rolok Tal' so we know what we are dealing with." Sammel's gaze shifts between his companions, "Then we can make an informed decision as to our best course of action." Returning his gaze to Mazael, "Aaron is right in that we dont have to do anything more than give the authorities any information we are able to uncover." He turns back towards Aaron, "But Mazael is also correct, we should do whatever we can to stop this dangerous fugitive if its within our power to do so."

While he gagues the other's reactions to what he had to say, he reaches out with the Force on the off chance that Rolok Tal is close enough to sense (Sense 4D, Life Sense).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: