The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventure Prologue: Gameworld Introduction
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir -> Adventure Prologue: Gameworld Introduction Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel steps over to the beast with Mazael as Aaron eyes the area of its cage and the beast handlers, extending his senses through the Force as he does so.
Sammel looks the creature over carefully, Mazael kicking at its headless corpse with his foot. It is solid, heavy, about 1.6 metres long plus the severed head. Sammel steps to the head and looks at its 80cm jaw filled with 7cm puncturing and 4cm cutting teeth, definitely the mouth of a deadly predator. Its eyes have no pupils like the Miraluka, it couldn't possibly see using the visual EM spectrum.

"Oh yeah," declares Mazael with a grin, "This monster would absolutely have ripped you to bits if it didn't go down so quick. Either that or he thought you had doggy snacks. In any case he definitely liked you!"

Aaron notices three beast handlers, diminutive aliens with long necks and small heads, barely 1.6 metres tall huddle and wring their hands with anxiety over the escape of the creature. They seem agitated and glance around nervously, apparently expecting to get into trouble.
He can also see some forty metres distant a pair of station security officers have begun running this direction, in belated response to the emergency.

The event has also naturally gained the undivided attention of all the bystanders in the vicinity. Some begin cheering, applauding the prompt action which brought the dangerous beast to rest...or just appreciative of the entertainment of a fight.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel shoots Mazael a half hearted grin, "Must have been the doggy snacks." before turning his attention to the beast handlers. Starting to walk that way, "Hey," He puts on a friendly demeanor, "Sorry we had to put your animal down. How did it get out anyway?" (Sense 4D, Receptive Telepathy.)
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Aaron is curious about the creature, he dicides to first handle the 'official stuff'.

Since nobody seems to be hurt, at least no one said something like that, he pats Jaxson shortly on the shoulder. "Good work there.".

He then walks toward the security officers while keeping "an eye" on the beast handlers. This might just have been an accident, but a little paranoia is never wrong. If that thing really reacted to all force sensitive sentients, then this could als have happend with untrained persons who wouldn't be able to handle themselfs.

{Still using Magnify Sense (or using it again) in order to "keep an eye" on the beast handlers.}
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still caught up in the rush of combat, the Force singing in his veins, Jaxson retains his fighting stance for a few long moments while looking around for any other opponents. When he finds none, he relaxes his stance, moving to the beast's headless corpse; bending down, he wipes the blade of his Ashla longsword clean, the emerald aura fading as he shifts his focus in the Force once more. ((OOC: Drop Ashla Swordsmanship, bring Danger Sense back up))

Sheathing the incredible weapon, Jaxson makes his way over to the handlers. Noting their distinct nervousness, he decides to use it to his advantage. Towering over them, he waits for them to answer Sammel's question about their escape; he then asks his own series of questions. "What was that beast? Where does it hail from? Why was it here, and why was it kept in accommodations that were so obviously not sufficient to keep it secure, and innocent bystanders safe?"
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{OOC - sorry caught a string of casual work shifts that kept me flat out for the past week, needed the cash}

The party approaches the beast handlers across the way, Sammel notes their surface thoughts are in an unfamiliar alien tongue, they don't think in galactic basic but appear to translate their thoughts directly into basic as they speak, which is more than enough for foreigners to have to think about.

"Oh we are very sorry, forgive us, the creature escaped our cage," they try to explain, apparently sincerely.
As Jaxson continues to press with further questioning they repeat their apolegy and try their best to answer.
"We don't understand it, these creatures are normally very docile and quiet. For some reason it seemed to react violently when you walked nearby, it's never done that before."
"We pick them up out near Cathar who refer to them as Vornskr, some pay highly for them as companions. People on Metellos buy them, we felt sure they would trade well here too. We're really very sorry."

Soon enough the Station Security officers are on the scene and get filled in on what happened. They begin talking about serious fines and possibly deportation for the aliens that allowed the creature to escape.

We can continue to discover more about these aliens and the creature here, or return to our previous agenda of investigating the shipyards cantinas and droid shops. What would you like to do?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After giving their statements, Sammel looks at the others, "It seems that these good officers have things under control, and we have time sensitive business to attend."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaxson nods. "However, I want to get a quick bit of information."

Turning to the vendors, he says, "Give me the coordinates and name of this world these creatures come from, and our involvement will be done."
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the alien beast handlers regards Jaxson.
"It is beyond your frontiers I believe, past a Rakata colony named Corsin. I'm afraid our system of charting would be quite useless to you unless you used Devaronian tumbledrives, and could decipher our encoding. We do not advertise our colonial routes. You might sell them to pirates."
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Might be the first time they encounter people who are sensitive and trained with the force", Aaron says in a low voice, more to himself than to anyone else.

Directed to Semmel, he says, now in a normal voice, "I agree. Let's get back to our own business. The officers are more then capable to take care of the rest."

{If Aaron doesn't see or hear anything else that catches his attention, he will stop using Magnify Sense for now}
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the mention of Rakata, Jaxson draws himself up to his full height. Allowing his displeasure to register plainly on his face, he takes a step closer to the handlers. In a low voice, he says, "The Rakata were slavers. They took my ancestors AGES ago, moving us light years away from our homeworld. I was born on a generation ship, and have never even seen my homeworld.

"The disguised blessing in that is that now, I am Ashla, as are my comrades. Were we not, your...vornskr...would surely have run rampant through all the innocents here.

"And as for selling your information to pirates...I am an Arkanian. Besides that, my family is VERY wealthy; I have no need to sell your information. The coordinates, however, are the location of something we need to study and be aware of; these vornskrs represent a hazard for those with the Force. You have my word that the coordinates will remain our secret. You now also have my history, so you know I cannot abide pirates any more than I can slavers. Your way of life will not be jeopardized by us. However, as Ashla, it is conceivable we will indeed be contracted by someone with access to Devaronian tumbledrives, and therefore may very well have the opportunity to study this phenomenon more closely. Also, we would appreciate the means to decipher your encoding. As Ashla, part of our mandate is to protect those who need it; as beings capable of traveling amongst your worlds, we would, of course, perform such actions while there. It is a good thing to have Ashla among your people."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placing a hand lightly on Jaxson's shoulder, "Peace, my friend," his attention turns to the handlers, "As my friend says, we mean you and yours no harm, and if anything, we would use any information we received to help others, not exploit or prey upon them."
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diminutive, blue alien looks puzzled and speaks to one of his companions, "Ashla?"
"Jed'aii," the other alien answers him, "Monks of the Great Duinuogwuin."
"Ah," the first one replies, "We know of you, we know of those from the Dark Moon, who war the Corellians. Very powerful."
He is referring to the Bogan.
The alien bows his tiny head at you.
"The Rakata have contracted a cursed disease, it has driven them insane and made them little more than beasts, their colonies are no longer spacefaring and little to be feared. We have been travelling the galaxy with the Devaronian and the Herglic to see if the other ancient civilisations survived the Infinite Empire. But it seems the others perished, leaving only their archaic ruins and artefacts, we now seek to keep these guarded from misuse, the pyramids of the Sharu, the constructs of the Architects, we cannot allow them to be misused as the Rakata did, usurping the great knowledge of ages to produce their destructive technology and enslave others."

"We know that many of the few Rakata which did not succumb to the disease fled to the vicinity of the Tion Cluster, we have a colony beyond the Radama Void and there have been great stirrings throughout the region in recent years. Two new empires, those of the Tionese and the Hutts have begun warring. We are concerned about Sharu ruins and Cron Cluster which are in the vicinity, they hold great power."

"But we have lost contact with our colony on Felucia. A Thanium fleet destroyed our colonial defences at Rhen Var under the command of Xer's son the Black Prince of Tion. The only passage from the Salin Corridor is now blockaded at Lucazec. To the galactic south are the Hutt, who are even less reasonable."

"So you see our navigational charts would do you little good even if you could use them. If you were to travel them you could only serve to invite these powerful empires into your core worlds where they will dominate just as the Rakata had, especially if they have discovered the workings of ancient artefacts with the help of exiled Rakata. At least the Sith are trapped by their own Stygian Caldera, paranoid as they are."

It is a fairly plain observation these aliens are from an extremely well travelled, independent civilisation which is very knowledgable in galactic affairs beyond the human colonies.

"In any case I could not simply give you our astrogation charts. I would be tried for treason. You must visit Castell, my homeworld. It is known to your navigators and within your explored regions, well before the frontiers. Our leaders could give you access to our hyperspace routes, you would have to talk to them."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allowing his face to settle into a more peaceful expression, Jaxson nods at the beast handler's explanations.

"That is interesting indeed. Perhaps we might be able to look into such things in our travels, if the Force takes us there."

Turning his head to Sammel, he says, "As was said before, time is of the essence. We need to speak with the surgeon."

Jaxson makes a mental note to start using the term Jed'aii more often; if confusion was going to continue to be raised when using the term "Ashla," it would make sense to use a term more widely known...the galaxy was a huge place, and as yet those vast distances between the stars weren't crossed quickly, and anything that would help bring the peoples of the galaxy together would help bridge those gaps.
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a faint sarcastic undertone, Aaron say "Well, first we have to find him."

He then stars to walk towards the shipyards.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a respectful nod to the handlers, Sammel silently rejoins the others as they start towards the shipyards again. As he walks with the others, he seems thoughtful (Sense: Magnify Senses) "Its easy to forget that there is so much beyond our knowledge. Wars that rage among species that we have never even heard of before." A slight smile touches his lips, "Its a shame that more people cant settle their differences through diplomacy, or even a friendly game of cards."

(OOC: Magnify Senses isnt for anything specific. Just trying to be aware of his surroundings.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: