The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What If? Star Wars Campaign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> What If? Star Wars Campaign. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:
This is quite a bit to think about and I'm sort of overwhelmed.

This is why i'm posting some of my questions/issues with the change here, i'm not really sure how to go about many of these things and thought i would get others ideas and see how they line up with what, if anything that i have on these.

garhkal wrote:
A lot of that depends on whether the jedi order wins out against palpaltine and the sepratists. But lets say for instance, they do. The order probably won't want to acknowledge his marriage publically, but might allow him to retain his status IN the order. And yes the kids would get taken in early and trained.

I am only assuming that palpatine does not keep control, what happens to him is still up in the air, he could live, be killed by windu or someone else even, he could escape. And even if he does die, maybe he had some of the clones i've read that he has scattered around the universe, he comes back once or twice in a novel series or something, i think.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dark Empire saga has him inhabiting some of his clones.
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
The Dark Empire saga has him inhabiting some of his clones.

Thanks i was pretty certain they were out there somewhere. i might have to read that for some info on what to do here with Palpatine, depending on what whether or not i kill him or whatever.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Here are my speculations:

Mace Windu kills Palpatine.

Anakin and Windu are so filled with emotions that they both exile themselves, but not in favor of the Dark Side. It would be more of a disillusionment to the blindness of the Jedi and of the corruption of the system. Anakin takes Padme with him and they raise their children together.

The separatist leadership would fall apart without Palpatine's manipulation, so the war would last only a little longer.

When the Senate finds out that Palpatine was killed by Jedi Knights, there would be a public outcry against them. Their reputation was already tainted by their involvement in the war, and Palpatine was a respected leader, so this would put them over the edge and make them public enemies.

The Jedi would probably be stripped of their galactic authority and forced to exist more privately. They might even be forced to leave Coruscant.

The Senate would be in disarray. Different power groups would be vying for the position of Supreme Chancellor. Bail Organa and Mon Mothma would advocate for the system to be refined and re-examined to eliminate corruption while other senators would attempt to place themselves in authority to protect their interests. But without the support of Padme, Organa and Mothma would fail, and corrupt interests would reign.

When the Clone Wars finally end, there will be the issue of what to do with the clones. I imagine they would become a galactic security force.

The Hutts might see the disarray of the Republic as an opportunity to expand their influence. The power gaps left by the Jedi might be filled by crime lords.

That is what I have so far.

I am still musing on the topic because it is quite interesting!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say that the entire last bit that Dromdarr posted makes a lot of sense and seems really plausible to me.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
The Jedi that Master Windu took with him were all competent, and named.

Kit Fisto
Agen Kolar
and
Saesee Tiin

The fact that each was dispatched so quickly was supposed to be a testament to how skilled and powerful Palpatine was.

[characters snipped]

As you can see, they're all pretty skilled as far as Jedi go. I'm sure that anyone who has done a lightsaber fight using the RAW knows that all it takes is beating your opponent's roll by 1 and they're toast. With a major bad guy, they can match force point expenditures and character points point for point.

Yeah, I realize they were supposed to be decent. And Kit Fisto at least lasted a second (I forgot about him), so there were three others with Mace.

Still, they should have been expecting something, one would think.

I really think they should have lasted a few seconds, perhaps blocking an attack or two before going down.

And yes, per the RAW they'd get dusted quickly. Frankly, lightsaber combat (and Jedi) are one of the RAW's biggest weaknesses, IMV. That's why so many of us have houseruled stuff for it, to make it a closer match what we saw in the films (with the exception of these few characters).
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
I just want to say that the entire last bit that Dromdarr posted makes a lot of sense and seems really plausible to me.

You speak the truth. All you need is a rival in the senate or general in the military that sees that he needs to be the new "interim Chanselor" along with his six legions of clone troopers to back him and you've got a scene out of the third century Roman Empire.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:

The Hutts might see the disarray of the Republic as an opportunity to expand their influence. The power gaps left by the Jedi might be filled by crime lords.

I could also see other groups pushing to fill in the vacuum, like the hapans, the Corporate sector (if it was established at this time) or even the Taipani sector.
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:
Okay. Here are my speculations:

Mace Windu kills Palpatine.

Anakin and Windu are so filled with emotions that they both exile themselves, but not in favor of the Dark Side. It would be more of a disillusionment to the blindness of the Jedi and of the corruption of the system. Anakin takes Padme with him and they raise their children together.

The separatist leadership would fall apart without Palpatine's manipulation, so the war would last only a little longer.

When the Senate finds out that Palpatine was killed by Jedi Knights, there would be a public outcry against them. Their reputation was already tainted by their involvement in the war, and Palpatine was a respected leader, so this would put them over the edge and make them public enemies.

The Jedi would probably be stripped of their galactic authority and forced to exist more privately. They might even be forced to leave Coruscant.

The Senate would be in disarray. Different power groups would be vying for the position of Supreme Chancellor. Bail Organa and Mon Mothma would advocate for the system to be refined and re-examined to eliminate corruption while other senators would attempt to place themselves in authority to protect their interests. But without the support of Padme, Organa and Mothma would fail, and corrupt interests would reign.

When the Clone Wars finally end, there will be the issue of what to do with the clones. I imagine they would become a galactic security force.

That is what I have so far.

I am still musing on the topic because it is quite interesting!

Thanks for your input, a lot of things you bring up are other issues i have already thought of, im posting them in pieces to get a little information at a time. And yes palpatine was a respected leader but if they senate found out that he was a sith lord that might make them think differently, and they have many allies in the senate as well, not enough to keep them totally out of trouble though.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, once you open up the box of "What ifs?" all sorts of things could happen, and the sotry could go off in almost any direction.

For instance, SOMEBODY other than Palpatine would have to have been aware of Order 66, and there is the possibility of that information being exploited to wipe out the Jedi. Either during the Clone Wars or later.

What if most of the Jedi got wiped out as per the films, but no Sith survive. You could end up with something fairly similar to the Empire, but not one controlled and run by the Sith. The handful of surviving Jedi would probably go into hiding, at least until somebody with authority decides to countermand Order 66, which might not happen if the full details of Palpatine's plot don't come out.

I suspect that all those greedy factions that Palpy exploited to rise to power would probably want to take advatage of the situation to get rid of the Jedi and take control of the Republic. Then probably start fighting amongst themselves without Palpy to keep them in check. The Republic could be split up into various smaller powers.
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atgxtg wrote:
Basically, once you open up the box of "What ifs?" all sorts of things could happen.

Yeah i am finding that my what if? started out something like this: What If? and has snowballed into something like this: What If?, lol.

I honestly did not think this would be as hard as it is becoming, but i am having a lot of fun working on this and reading all of the ideas you guys have, and i know I've said it a lot but I'm going to keep saying: Thank you guys for the input it is really helping me out.
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So i figured it was time for Number 4, lol, so here it is.

This one of the ones i have seen in a couple of people's posts, and one i mentioned would be coming up soon when i was talking about Anakin, Padme and the twins. It is a bit easier than the others, there is only one thing to think about but it has almost endless possibilities, lol.

Who will become the new chancellor? Again pointing out that Palpatine has lost control and the larger majority of the people, at least those in the Senate, have found out that he is/was a Sith Lord.

There are a few obvious choices here: Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Padme Amidala, or possibly, this will likely start a debate but he did learn a lot from Palpatine, even Anakin could be a possibility. There are of course literally hundreds of other possibilities here too. Let's here your thought's.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of Palpatine getting arrested better than him just being outright killed. This leaves him open to escaping or being broken out of whatever prison the Jedi, or possibly the Senate have put him in.

What if, order 66 could only be executed by the person holding the office of Supreme Chancellor? Even though Palpatine knew about it, perhaps once he was removed from office and the Clones were informed of it, they don't feel the need to execute it even if he issued the order.

Where would Palpatine go? What would he do? He would obviously go into hiding and try to raise an army to take the Galaxy by force. Maybe he's got his own secret sets of cloning facilities, like Mount Tantiss all over the place. The second clone wars begins when Palpatine leads a new clone army against the grand army of the republic?

This could be a way that you put the newer rebellion era technology against the clone wars era stuff. The Republic doesn't strike me as the type which will be overly interested in building newer, better war machines. But, Palpatine may have Star Destroyers and such in the works before the clone wars are even over.

Just an idea. Then you can have the players tasked with bringing down the self proclaimed Emperor, and not have to worry about him being protected by story.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what if someone else found out about order 66 and decided to implement it.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Plus maybe they didn't bother bringing up Ls combat as they didn't think they were going to fight a sith master..

Anakin told Mace, and I find it highly unlikely that Mace would've let the other three walk in blind.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: