The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Planets generated from Scouts book, need plot ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Planets generated from Scouts book, need plot ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Planets generated from Scouts book, need plot ideas Reply with quote

Hi all.

I generated a bunch of planets for my campaign using the planet generator in the Scouts Galaxy Guide.

Overview of Current Plot:

Basically my players are trying to liberate the Kwymar Sector in the name of the Rebellion. The timeline is set just a month or two after the destruction of the first Death Star. The players had just liberated Telos IV and were making the jump to hyperspace when an Imperial fleet rolled in. Now they are trying to go to different planets within the sector to recruit a force powerful enough to take on the Imperial fleet, along with their ground forces.

Planets in the Sector:

There are 15 notable systems within the Kwymar Sector (as shown on wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kwymar_sector)

Some have characteristics outlined on the wiki, and I decided to use the planet generator to create the rest of them (which was a lot of fun!).

Here they are (planets that were subject to The Kwymar Suppressions are noted http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kwymar_Suppressions):

Telos IV (Suppressions)
Tantive IV
Rya
Artus Prime (I decided not to do anything with this planet - it is from one of the Jedi Knight games)
Bizikia
Doniphon (suppressions)
Kestos Minor (suppressions)
Korlings
Listehol
Picutorion (suppressions)
Protazk (suppressions)
Rakrir
Teagan
Vendara
Werncin

First Planet to Discuss

Korlings
Planet Function: Trade
Government: Noble Families Council - "The Council of Five"
Planet Type: Artificial (floating bio-domed cities on a gas giant with space elevators to orbital docks)
Terrain: Regulated environment
Temperature: Regulated
Gravity: Regulated (standard)
Atmosphere: Type I (breathable)
Hydrosphere: Regulated
Length of day: 46 hours
Length of year: 630 days
Sentient races: Duros, Mirialan, Hrakian, Iktotchi, Zeltron, Human, other
Population: 3 million
Tech Level: Space
Starport: Imperial Class
Exports: Everything, especially credits
Imports: Everything, especially credits

Korlings has two major floating cities:

Carthagna
Capital city
Government: Five Ruling Families
1. Lords of Coin
2. Lords of Technology
3. Lords of Land
4. Lords of Luxury
5. Lords of Travel

The Council of Five:
High Lord Thazigan Brex (Hrakian, Coin)
High Lady Dyeefae Niis (Iktotchi, Technology)
High Lord Tykos Vaal (Mirialan, Land)
High Lord Marrugol D'Buun (Zeltron, Luxury)
High Lady Gless-Ka Nuth (Duros, Travel)

Capsule:
I picture this city being a bustling trade hub, kind of like the city of Qarth in Game of Thrones. The Five Families are constantly contending with each other for power and wealth, and it is their conflict that ensures the success of the city.

Lesser City:

Beloros
Government: Horch of the Korlings Ring (Taken from Horch of the Kheedar Ring in Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim)
Major Exports: Crime
Major Imports: Crime

Capsule:
On the opposite side of the planet, Beloros is the jealous brother to Carthagna. It attempts to make the claim to greatness that its counterpart maintains. As a result of being unable to keep up using the conventional (and honorable) means of trade, the city turned to shadier elements. It is now one of the most wretched hives of scum and villainy this side of Nar Shaddaa.

I need your advice

I absolutely love how this planet turned out, but I am not sure how to encourage my players to go there. If you could help me come up with ideas for plot hooks, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Your help will also add diversity to my campaign, as I am of only one mind, and can conjure only so many plots.

Cheers.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Perhaps the players get word (through an information broker or scout) about a particular deal about to go down or a person (one of the High Lords?) about to be assassinated. Giving them something specific to go after might encourage them to go there, and once they're there they might discover that many of the shadier elements that steer clear of the law might be valueable assets to recruit into the Rebellion.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a hyperspace mishap the party winds up well outside the major hyperspace route, but happens on a small debris field. In the field they find a damaged patrol craft and an ejected pilot capsule. The capsule still has a long-dead pilot in it with the I.D. and rank matching a lieutenant Thazigan Brex. High Lord Thazigan Brex is known to have served in the patrol corps shortly before his political career. The question is if the dead pilot is the real Thazigan Brex, then who is High Lord Thazigan Brex and what is he doing riding on the well-born pilot's identity? What are his aims? Who is pulling the strings?
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tying Ches and Doug's ideas together....the person impersonating our High Lord could be an Imp Intelligence officer. Perhaps family that has been pressured into silence have arranged said assassination plot to restore their proper political position, and they have Rebellion sympathies? This brings in a moral stake if there are any Jedi. Let the plot go through, help it or stop it and show another, nicer route.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ral_Brelt wrote:
Tying Ches and Doug's ideas together....the person impersonating our High Lord could be an Imp Intelligence officer. Perhaps family that has been pressured into silence have arranged said assassination plot to restore their proper political position, and they have Rebellion sympathies? This brings in a moral stake if there are any Jedi. Let the plot go through, help it or stop it and show another, nicer route.

Oooo.... I like this guy. Let's keep him around the Pit. Smile

Okay, so maybe the Imps are pressuring the family. Or did particularly cold and ambitious family members concoct the plan to murder the "wayward sibling" that had populist if not even "rebellious" tendencies? They might have even reached out to the local Moff for backing on this one to bring things back into sway. Once replaced and still riding the populist support he could be put into a political position to have all kinds of influence. Even if that influence is veiled Imperial support.
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other option could be the seedy city's ruling body killing and placing a body double with some reconstructive surgery into his spot. Maybe with the intent to rip down Olympus and watch it burn...letting the seedy city rise to power? As for this guy, I hope its me and not the Imp Intel Officer...heh.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOHHH!!

I love the political intrigue!

I think that having a puppet Lord withing the Five Families would be a fantastic plot hook.

I like Ral's idea about the Rebels planning an assassination.

Here's what was stewing in my mind before I saw your ideas. Perhaps they could fit together....

I was thinking about Beloros and its leaders.

Horch of Korlings (if you read in Fragments from the Rim) is a puppet of the bounty hunter Noval Garaint.

The players have a recurring adversary who's name is Tharan Orden. Orden is a bounty hunter who knows that one of the players (Dezorah) is related to the Tarkin family through marriage, and he also knows that she has Rebel sympathies. One of my other players also sliced off his arm with a vibro-axe. Needless to say, he wants to capture the party and put them through as much suffering as possible. So what does this have to do with Noval Garaint?

I was thinking that Tharan Orden is Garaint's brother or partner. I would have to make a scene where Orden captures the party and brings them to Beloros (which would satisfyingly frustrate them Twisted Evil ).

They would have to silvertongue their way out of that situation, and perhaps find out along the way that Thazigan Brex is an imposter.

Thoughts?
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ral_Brelt wrote:
The other option could be the seedy city's ruling body killing and placing a body double with some reconstructive surgery into his spot. Maybe with the intent to rip down Olympus and watch it burn...letting the seedy city rise to power? As for this guy, I hope its me and not the Imp Intel Officer...heh.

Just saw this! Yes!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, guys! It's always fun when there's collaboration. I imagine it becomes sort of like the writing room for a good show, where a group of writers/producers bounce ideas off each other. Smile
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the party was forced to this planet far sooner than I expected. The player who played Dezorah (the rebel who fled from the Tarkin family) had to leave the gaming group. To account for her leaving, I had Dezorah captured by the ruthless bounty hunter Tharan Orden. It was quite a fun scene. Dezorah was flying in a small freighter with the party's mercenary when proximity alarms started going off. A boarding pod struck the ship and latched on, its plasma torches shearing a hole in the hull. Because of the breach, the ship experienced power failures; the lights flickered and the artificial gravity failed. Through the burning hole climbed the armored form of Tharan Orden, who pulled out a remote control and released the pod from the hull, causing all of the atmosphere to vent. He then picked up the suffocating form of Dezorah, put a breath mask on her, and carried her to the only escape pod, leaving the mercenary to seal himself in the cockpit with an envirosuit and guide the planet down to the nearest planed.

As the bounty hunter's escape pod sped away, the mercenary saw that it was retrieved by an outdated military cruiser with the markings of Beloros, the crime city on Korlings.

I did not expect the party to immediately pursue the captors, because they had other urgent priorities, but they did. And now they are on Korlings in the seedy city of Beloros, trying to attract the attention of Tharan Orden, Noval Garaint, and Horch.

Now here's my problem

The party wants to save Dezorah and capture or kill Tharan Orden. My plans are that I want Tharan to remain a recurring villain, and I want an Inquisitor to take Dezorah and train her in the Dark Side, so that she will return as a villain.

So my question is this: How should I define victory for my players in this endeavor?[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: