The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

AT-ST Weapon Pods
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> AT-ST Weapon Pods Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with crmcneill here. I don't recall reading anywhere that ion cannons require substantially more power or space than their laser equivalents.

These ion cannon pods would link into the AT-ST's power supply, not requiring their own. If you want, you can add an optional rule about the AT-ST's power supply, saying that two energy or ion pods would cause power fluctuations and mishaps (as described in Tramp Freighters).
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's about if you put 1 Ion pod in, the power draw when it's fired does not allow for the other weapons to be fired, and has a 1/2 ROF.
Put 2 in and ROF drops to 1/3.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
How's about if you put 1 Ion pod in, the power draw when it's fired does not allow for the other weapons to be fired, and has a 1/2 ROF.

That would work if one felt the need to compromise on the ion cannon power/size issue, which I don't think there is any official need for. I would only apply this rule if the Ion Cannon was inflicting Walker scale damage on par with the AT-ST's main gun. Fallon might find this useful if he wants to include this tech in his universe, but I would just use normal rules and fire rates.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

That would work if one felt the need to compromise on the ion cannon power/size issue, which I don't think there is any official need for. I would only apply this rule if the Ion Cannon was inflicting Walker scale damage on par with the AT-ST's main gun. Fallon might find this useful if he wants to include this tech in his universe, but I would just use normal rules and fire rates.

Once again, I agree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: