The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Shooting Womp Rats D6 Podcast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Shooting Womp Rats D6 Podcast Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hisham wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
Luwingo_Spince wrote:

I know Hisham is a regular contributer to your community. He has the hilarious NetGuide to Spleens and Worlds of the Enteague Sector.

The only hitch in interviewing Khairul is the fact that he lives in Malaysia, and we have to work out the time difference. I may end up recording the interview with him separately if it does happen, then just splice it into the podcast.

Or maybe a Google Hangout and rip the mp3 off that, yo.

However we make this work, it's a great idea.

shootingwomprats wrote:
Episode Three's up. Hope you enjoy!

Okay, as much as I've been running D6, I'd never previously heard of the D6 Success system. Neat highlight there. I'm not sure it's my cup of tea, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing that tidbit!
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:

Listen to Episode Three - we handle a success-based die system, that I wrote up and posted on the Google Plus community to answer a question.

I enjoyed your latest episode, and your discussion of the alternate die system. I hope you also consider talking about some of the optional rules specifically made for Star Wars d6 that are spread out across the various sourcebooks and other WEG publications.

shootingwomprats wrote:

I heartily agree. FFG knows how to create a quality product, and I commend them for that. I will try to reach out to Allen Nunis for an interview. Can you think of anything you'd like to ask him? You would be credited for the questions, of course.

I'd be interested to hear if there was any other artist that Allen Nunis tried to emulate for the Star Wars work (Al Williamson, Ralph McQuarrie, etc.). Nunis also drew several illustrations in some of the WEG materials of ships of the same type as Noa's in the Ewok movies - you could ask him about that. Smile

shootingwomprats wrote:

I keep contact with Peter Schweighofer, and he's been through a lot of interviews. I've asked him to be on the show, and he's considering it.

If there are other WEG expatriates out there, please, send us a line. We'll be glad to talk with you and have you on the show.

Lost information from those days could prove to be the sourcebooks of our future.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing any interviews with former WEG staff that you're able to put together.

shootingwomprats wrote:

There is a real lack of information on those ships, but I'm writing up what I can from a total of what, four screenshots? Will be a little time.

Yep, I agree there's not much info on the two Ewok movie ships. And you really need to watch the DVDs to see some of their features, including the weapons on Noa's ship (at least two turret-like guns, and what could be a turbolaser). I'm glad you're taking a shot at them though!

Looking forward to hearing your episode next week, and thanks again for responding!
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you mention alternate rule systems.

Cite a few for me, so I can be sure we're on the same page.

You're also in luck: we're having writer's block today!
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:

I hope you have some time on your hands or a good index if you want to do a show dedicated to these. But a few examples would be the optional rules on page 30 of the Far Orbit Project where they discuss targeting specific portions of ships. Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook has quick draw rules on page 122. The Rules of Engagement are just FULL of optional rules about poisoning, making combat more deadly, Martial Arts.

I'd suggest playtesting a few of them in your games, see how they work out, and spotlight the good and the bad on the show.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm doing the readup now, I'll playtest Saturday, and have it in time for next week's.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is just scratching the surface! There are SO MANY tucked away in the hidden recesses of those sourcebooks.

I'll tell you what the general consensus of the Martial Arts is (or, at least was a few years back). If you're playing a short game, then they're pretty decent. A character has to sacrifice their range in order to do some wacky things in terms of melee combat. In terms of playing a longer campaign they can get broken, especially if you're a GM that doesn't try to diversify the challenges for his/her players. If you're doing a longer game, make it an advanced rather than a specialization. This keeps the CP cost high enough to offset the effectiveness of the special abilities granted by the art.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I let a Wookie character last campaign be a martial artist.

Worst mistake I could ever make.

He broke the game. 12D in Brawling. I couldn't put anything up against him.

The good news? I punished him like a government mule every time he botched, and nine times out of ten, he was shot by his own group for being in front of them when they botch.

-Daniel
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:

Looks like Cheshire beat me to responding - and he gave some excellent examples. A lot of times these optional rules appear within side boxes that are labeled "Optional Rules".

I actually started a thread on this a while back, and there was some interest in potentially compiling all the optional rules into a single sourcebook:
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1803&highlight=optional
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of compiling them. I'm going to get with Don and see what we can do about that.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode Four! I hope you like your episode title.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been very active of late, but wanted to provide support and say I love the way things are going!

Thoroughly enjoying everything so far! Very Happy

However, is it just me or does the link for 'Talents' in the latest post for episode 4 go to the same place as the link for 'Advantages/Disadvantages'?

Maybe it is just me... Confused

T.C.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i am not computer savvy enough but can you please post direct download links or how do you download what is there?

I usually listen to podcasts in the car because i don't have time to listen them on the computer or not appropriate because at work.

Thanks in advance.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
I guess i am not computer savvy enough but can you please post direct download links or how do you download what is there?

I usually listen to podcasts in the car because i don't have time to listen them on the computer or not appropriate because at work.

Thanks in advance.

DD Link:
http://static.squarespace.com/static/51256d13e4b01b12552cf6d0/t/523a2429e4b089abe5e39389/1379542057310/swd6ep4.mp3

Point of clarification:
I've been graciously asked to be a guest on the show, in part because of the conversion guides. Though I want to make sure that I give full public acknowledgement to everyone who participated. Gry Sarth did the largest part of the conversions, and we both very much appreciated the hours we were saved by Forceally's research. Not to mention the countless users that provided positive criticism and revision suggestions. They are definitely community works.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, we know you didn't do the books yourself, but you were the first we could get our claws in. Very Happy

We will definitely be spotlighting other authors, so don't be surprised when you get mail, people!

I'm also correcting the link issue, sorry!

EDIT: Link corrected!
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, a question:

I'm listening to Episode 0, and you guys make reference to a bunch of stuff that you're going to add to a particular page on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc.

What page is that stuff on? (it doesn't appear to be on the At The Table Games site linked here).

BTW, My Google Fu has revealed to me that (per Urban Dictionary), one definition of a "womp rat" is:

A shot; half Fireball, half Jagermeister.

Sounds yummy! 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to: