The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A return to greatness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> A return to greatness.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathar
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: A return to greatness. Reply with quote

Hey guys, I`m the newest guy on the block. I`ve started d6 sw`s years ago when the 2nd edition came out, rped for years..then..I got married and then it all went south. Very Happy

The great news is that I`m back again hosting rp groups. The re-learning curve is long..as I have to almost relearn everything. Its sad, at one point I could have told you every stat in the core book, blindfolded.

Anyways, since I restarted the game with people who are interested, I had to look for extra d6 info and came across this site. Its great, its a real valuable tool. Keep up the good work!

Oh yes, the d20 system ...bites.
8)
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Cathar! Welcome to the forums. Very Happy
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Welcome Aboard!

I agree that WotC's (pitiful attempt at a) Star Wars d20 system just doesn't work. Long live D6!
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums! Glad we could help you out!

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A return to greatness. Reply with quote

Cathar wrote:
Oh yes, the d20 system ...bites.
8)

Try telling some folks that. I've seen folks say how superior the D20 system is for playing Star Wars RPGs. Yet the D6 system just seems to have it all over the D20. About the only thing I'd use the Wizards of the Coast sourcebooks for is just to get information on characters and items that sadly could not appear in any West End Games sourcebooks because they came out after West End Games filled for chapter 11. Then convert the stats to their proper format.

Wanted Poster
Cathar
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basis of SW's rpg is to have...fun. I find that using a d20 system tends to make the game a dice rolling game in stead of a story telling one.

Dice rolling should only be used if you are doing basic checks, when you do that..it can help to add flavor to the story, especially when your players roll a wild die with a ONE. I personally like the WILD DIE, not only does it bring the players on edge but it can really screw a player up for the good and sometimes bad. It adds drama or...comedy, depending on how you look at it.

Believe me, I understand and agree, my previous GM converted to d20 and swears by it. He now considers d6 old..and useless.

Narrow minded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: