The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

HeroMachine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> HeroMachine Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Mandolorian.

Darthomer09, can you give me a little more indepth idea of what you've been trying to do? Believe it or not, I have been reading your questions concerning transfering the HeroMachine images to a paint program, but I'm not sure exactly what's been happening. I've wondered if on MS Paint you've hit the right-click after hitting the PrintScreen button instead of clicking edit and then hitting paste. That seems to be the only thing I can do when I first open Paint to get it to paste, but after the first paste it usually let's me right-click. You probably already tried that since you're not an idiot. So all I'm trying to do is get a better idea of whats wrong and maybe come up with a way to help.

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, going back to my using HeroMachine and editing to get a pre-exsisting Alien species, here's a S'kytri female. Unlike the Rodian and
Ho'din I did where I used HeroMachine just to get the basic body and then used a GG or something to get the head and hands of the alien I wanted, this was done almost all on HeroMachine. The only editing I did to this one was on the bat wings. I used HeroMachine's spotted bat wings and erased the spots then reversed the direction of the spikes on the top of the wings and rotated them so they pointed up more so.

S'kytri female

Compare to the unedited

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, for those who read Rob Anderson's webstrip Tittivillus, here's something for you. Everyone's favorite imp himself.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Tittivillus ain't that buff or tall and I'm missing his ballcap. Well two things. First, the free web version of HeroMachine 2 doesn't have ballcaps, much less one that's on put on backwards. And second, I checked the squat pose first and while it might have better given me the height, it was much broader than the the regular male so he'd have been even more buff.

Maybe I'll try Pete and Frank next. Azael's kinda off limits, not because I don't want to try doing him on HeroMachine, but more his head is too big to make him possible. Unless I decide to do him in his cat form, then he's off cause HeroMachine does humanoid figures.

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeroMachine 2.0 is now HeroMachine 2.1. Looks like it's giving us a lot of things we couldn't do in 2.0, like select from standard (which was all I could get in 2.0 without purchasing it) and other selections for the various elements.

Wanted Poster
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I really don't like about Hero Machine is the static pose for every character you do. It's the same no matter what you're building. I know that it would add too many options for the costumes and such, but it would be nice to have maybe two or three other "pose" options.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree to that. The only way I can get a different "pose" is to flip the image in Paint or some other graphics program. Still the same pose, just facing a different way.

But maybe that's something their working on. Looking through the new set of auras online in adition to the standard set (I'm assuming the purchased version of 2.0 had these sets) I've found some are animated. It's still the same aura as the static, but now it moves. So maybe a future version will offer more poses. Until then, I'm gonna keep using what they offer and doing my own modding since I really suck drawing human figures.

Wanted Poster
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:

Female Mandolorian.

Darthomer09, can you give me a little more indepth idea of what you've been trying to do? Believe it or not, I have been reading your questions concerning transfering the HeroMachine images to a paint program, but I'm not sure exactly what's been happening. I've wondered if on MS Paint you've hit the right-click after hitting the PrintScreen button instead of clicking edit and then hitting paste. That seems to be the only thing I can do when I first open Paint to get it to paste, but after the first paste it usually let's me right-click. You probably already tried that since you're not an idiot. So all I'm trying to do is get a better idea of whats wrong and maybe come up with a way to help.

Yeah. The problem was that my Print Screen button didn't do anything at all. Though since then i've gotten a new computer and now everything works like a charm.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that it wasn't working, but it is good to know things are working for you now.

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARC Trooper turned Soldier of Fortune A-10 (Aton during the Clone Wars, Trapper after). Trapper painted his armor sand gold and green and painted on a sigil that has a bit of significance to him.

Wanted Poster
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Hellcat you are just having why too much fun with this Laughing Maybe as punishment we should make you create a character for every person playing in any of the PbP games on here 8)
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awfulalex wrote:
Ok Hellcat you are just having why too much fun with this Laughing Maybe as punishment we should make you create a character for every person playing in any of the PbP games on here 8)

Punishment. Yeah, that'll work... Rolling Eyes
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

It is just not working for me to create my Gen'Dai kid, not even sure it wil work for creating a Gen'Dai adult. Plus as others have stated the POSE is just too limited
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good enough to set up a baseline, and then use a photo editor to modify the rest of the look. Granted the pose is quite limited, but i think that it works better then me trying to draw something lol.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suck at all forms of art!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: