The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Saga Conversion Guides
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Saga Conversion Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Saga Conversion Guides Reply with quote

Here is a guide to converting weapons and equipment including armor. I've got some documents on doing Starships. Of course, there is also an Excell generator that helps with that as well. I'll get those posted when I get the chance.

http://www.4shared.com/file/87975968/b219ce9f/Converting_Saga_Weapons_and_Equipment.html
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Saga Conversion Guides Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Here is a guide to converting weapons and equipment including armor. I've got some documents on doing Starships. Of course, there is also an Excell generator that helps with that as well. I'll get those posted when I get the chance.

http://www.4shared.com/file/87975968/b219ce9f/Converting_Saga_Weapons_and_Equipment.html

Cool, thanks Chesh... 8)
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question. How do you convert attribute ranges for species, maximum and minimum from D20? What is the rule?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rebellion's Conversion Guide, even though made for the original d20 system, is still very pertinent and works fine for many aspects of the game, including species' attribute conversion.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but what about races which were not in D6? How one figure the max/min attribute ranges? There is nothing about it.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a quick summary. An average attribute would be 10, nicely equivalent to a 2D in D6. (There is a chart that is provided showing the various equivalents.) If a species has a +2 to something, that would raise it's attribute to 12, if it has a -3 in another thing that, obviously, reduces the attribute to 7. We compare the numbers and then see what the average species attribute range is going to be.

After that it's a matter of making some evaluations based on flavor text what the mins and maxes should be. We try to stay true to the ranges that were established in the original WEG material. And for this, there isn't a direct equation. For example, if the math for the tech and mech still gives us an average of 2D, but the flavor text says that the species is not very technologically adept, then I might bring it down two pips on either side, making them 1D+1/3D+1. Or I might make tech 1D+1/3D+1 and Mech 1D+2/3D+2. I may take it lower if the text says that they don't use galactic level technology at all.

If the text says that they're very keen eyed, I might take the perception up a pip or two. If it goes on and on for a few paragraphs about their keen powers of observation and how charismatic they are, then I'll bump it up even more.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile

cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of doing some conversions yourself, or just curious about the process?
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was making my own *slight* changes to the aliens, adding new special abilities or skills from newest SAGA sourcebooks and I was curious about the whole process.

In SAGA, for example, some species starts with some skills trained (for example Devaronian - Con). Do you add something to the attribute cause of this?

cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember having converted a species that does that, but that's just because of the way that Gry and I usually divide up the work.

However, if you chose to convert that, then I would put it in as a +1D bonus every time the person rolled that skill. Occasionally there are D6 species that do that.
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Saga Conversion Guides Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Of course, there is also an Excell generator that helps with that as well. I'll get those posted when I get the chance.

Was that the generator that I put together?
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is one generator that I use. However, I don't plan on posting that one without permission.
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permission granted dude. It would be an honour Very Happy
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: