The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Medical Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> The Medical Sourcebook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I await the email.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well time for another update.

Chapter 1...100%
Chapter 2... 100%
Chapter 3... 100%
Chapter 4... 100%
Chapter 5... 100%
Chapter 6... 100%

Thank you to all who helped make this possible.

So the reader phase is done and I sent off to klhaviation of the REUP project my first chapter and he sent me back a rough draft of how it would look and Wowie Zowie it looks amazing! It almost brought tears to my eyes. Right now we are waiting on them to finish their templates so we convert it over to their format. Really excited.

Currently working on expanding and revamping some of my chapter personalities to really flesh out and add more character to the book.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the readers, i thank all the others who helped out on this.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really excited about this one, I only have the 1st chapter right now,but it is very well done, and seems to be quite complete on the subject. Unfortunately I am on the tail end of finishing the layout for REUP (only 2.5 chapters left), and I am swamped, but I have been pecking away at the layout here and there to make this sourcebook look as rich as the content.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words. Totally understandable that you are swamped with the reup project so no worries. Gives me time to polish it up a little bit more.
Bulldogzeta
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to the Medical Sourcebook. It's not a subject that had been explored much before. What I saw of some of the submissions really looks great.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope it lives up to your expectations. Smile

The very reason I started the source book was because I thought the subject was covered very much. Hopefully this will flesh it out more.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started layout for chapter 1 today. Progress is going quickly, mostly due to well edited source material. For those of you who have not seen the work on this book, i think you will be suprised at the attention to detail and depth. This is gonna be a healthy size sourcebook (pun most definately intended).
This will is a real treat to have a book dedicated to a profession all too often overlooked in the run & gun galaxy of Star Wars.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it!
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it in bad form to say I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like too? pretty excited I must say
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isthis close to release.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are looking at a possible release date before the end of the year. Hopefullysooner.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

Let me know if I can assist with layout, unless you have someone on it already.

And which cover image was decided upon? You need me to provide that again or do you have it?

T.C.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ty,

I do have the covers, thank you for your hard work! I sent them to klhaviation for review.

Layout at this time is be handled by klhaviation but i do have side projects like the Alien Creation and Creature Creation Sourcebooks that need some layout love if you are interested.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I had a afternoon and thought I would tackle critical injuries. This will most likely be in the medical source book if I can get it to the level that I think is good. So I would like some feedback on it. If wording needs to be fixed or more Injuries added or changed mechanics. Thanks in advance. Used a mix of homebrew and EOE Critical injury chart.

Optional Rule: Critical injuries
When rolling for damage a 6 on the wild die can be either rerolled as normal or used as a Critical Injury. If wild die is rerolled and results in a 6 then the same choice can be made.

A Stunned Critical Injury lasts for the rest of the round and for the next round and can be healed by a medpack. Treat as normal

A Wounded Critical Injury lasts until healed and can be healed by a medpack. Treat as one level higher in difficulty to heal.

An Incapacitated Critical Injury lasts until healed and must be healed by a Bacta Tank/Surgery. Treat as one level higher in difficulty to heal.

A Mortally Wounded Injury lasts until healed and if it can must be healed by a Bacta Tank/Surgery. Treat as two levels higher in difficulty to heal.

Stunned
Stunned characters suffer a penalty of -ID to skill and attribute rolls for the rest of the round and for the next round. A stun no longer penalizes a character after the second round, but it is still "affecting" him for half an hour unless the character rests for one minute.
If a character is being "affected" from a number of stuns equal to the number before the "D" for the character's Strength, the character is knocked unconscious for 2D minutes. A character making an Easy first aid total can revive an unconscious character.

Roll 1D
1 Slowed Down: Suffers an additional -1D to initiative rolls.
2-3 Sudden Jolt: Character must make a Moderate Strength roll or drop whatever they are holding.
4 Distracted: Character cannot perform any free actions.
5 Off Balance: Movement Rate is reduced by 2.
6 Stinger: Increase the difficulty of next action by one level.

Wounded/Wounded Twice
Wounded characters fall prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of -1D to skill and attribute rolls until he heals (through medpacs or natural rest). A character who is wounded a second time is wounded twice.
A character who's wounded twice falls prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of -2D to all skill and attribute rolls until he is healed. A wounded twice character who is wounded again is incapacitated.

Roll 2D
1-3 Head Ringer: Increases the difficulty of all KNOWLEDGE/PERCEPTION rolls made by this character by one level.
4-5 Fearsome Wound: Increases the difficulty of all STRENGTH rolls made by this character by one level.
6-7 Agonizing Wound: Increases the difficulty of all DEXTERITY rolls made by this character by one level.
8-9 Dazed: Character cannot perform multiple actions in a round.
10 Hamstrung: Movement rate is halved.
11 Overpowered: Character defenses are overwhelmed. Attacker may attack again without a multiple action penalty.
12 Winded: Character is automatically the last to go in a round regardless of the initiative roll.

Incapacitated
An incapacitated character falls prone and is knocked unconscious for 10D minutes. The character can't do anything until healed. An incapacitated character who is wounded or incapacitated again becomes mortally wounded.
A character making a Moderate first aid total can revive an incapacitated character. The incapacitated character is now awake, but is groggy, cannot use skills, and can only move at half his "cautious" rate.

Roll 1D
1,2 Crippled: One of the character’s limbs is crippled until healed or replaced. -3D to all actions using this limb.
3 Deafness: Difficulty for any auditory-based skill or attribute checks is increased by five difficulty levels. If medical treatment is not received before 2D Days has elapsed, the deafness is permanent
4 Horrific Injury: Roll 2D. 1-3 Knowledge, 4-5 Perception, 6-7 Mechanical, 8-9Technical, 10-11 Dexterity, 12 Strength. That attribute is reduced by 1D until this critical injury is healed.
5 Temporarily Lame: Movement rate is reduced by 7.
6 Blinded: Difficulty for any vision-based skill or attribute checks is increased by five difficulty levels. If medical treatment is not received before 2D Days has elapsed, the blindness is permanent.

Mortally Wounded
A mortally wounded character falls prone and is unconscious. The character can't do anything until healed. The character may die — at the end of each round, roll 2D. If the roll is less than the number of rounds that the character has been mortally wounded, the character dies. A mortally wounded character who is incapacitated or mortally wounded again is killed. A character making a Moderate first aid total can "stabilize" a mortally wounded character. The character is still mortally wounded but will survive if a medpac or bacta tank is used on him within one hour (Moderate first aid total); otherwise, he dies. (This is different from healing a character with a medpac; see "Healing.")

Roll 1D
1 Maimed: One of the character’s limbs is permanently lost. Until it is replaced no actions can performed with that limb.
2 Gruesome Injury: Roll 2D. 1-3 Knowledge, 4-5 Perception, 6-7 Mechanical, 8-9Technical, 10-11 Dexterity, 12 Strength. That attribute is permanently reduced by 1D.
3 Paralysis: Character is rendered completely immobile, though he remains conscious. If the character does not receive medical attention, the paralysis becomes permanent after 1D Days elapses.
4-5 Internal Bruising/Bleeding: Character suffers a -2D penalty to Strength to resist damage and must receive medical attention before the effects wear off; failure to receive treatment results in the character’s death within 36 hours.
6 The end is Nigh: Instead of rolling 2D the character rolls 1D at end of round to determine death.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: