The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Falling Star: Star Wars D6 Play podcast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Falling Star: Star Wars D6 Play podcast Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still looking for additional feedback (or 5* itunes ratings hehe)

thoughts so far? Obviously only the barest beginnings of the plot are coming out with this one-shot but I welcome any and all feedback.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've enjoyed listening in. That said I've only gotten to listen to 1 and 1/2 episodes.

As To feedback, Thank you for the plot synopsis at the beginning. It really helps to remind what happened the episode before.

I thought your audio quality was pretty good besides the dog in the background. For the most part you are family friendly though i did hear the occasional expletive.

As to changes have you ever listened to the dawn of defiance podcast? It is a live play star wars saga edition podcast. http://threat-detected.com/

One of the things I like is the GM will edit in segments during the live play that explain in greater detail certain things like planets, creatures, house rules, equipment that he has created for the campaign. Also he has his players do the same in regards to their characters motivations and actions.

From hearing your podcast you seem pretty professional so I'm eager to see where it goes in the way of polish as you progress.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. There SHOULDN'T Be any expletives. If you remember where they are, let me know.

The dog is proving to be a bigger hassle than I anticipated. If we block him away from people he whines, which is just as disruptive. (no, I cannot put him outside) Labs are so excitable and such people lovers he just gets very worked up over having company over.

I'll consider adding in notes about the planets visited & house rules. I do relay some details to players off-mic (during the time we're arranging dinner, etc)

The cast expands in the next one-shot, but a number of my players have fallen through (or turned out to be far more flaky than is feasible to maintain long term)
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the dog in the background can be overlooked I'll just think of him as an over excited wookiee.

As to the expletive I think it was in the third episode. I believe it was the s word and referring to somebody's dodge ability. I think it was one of the pirates.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of Episode 0 is live.

Part 1 of Episode -1 went live last night. As always, welcome comments, feedback and criticisms
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The broad overview of storytelling advice is ROCK SOLID. It takes a little while to really hit gold, but once you get there, it gets there and stays there.

The Star Wars themes are great things to include, good vs. bad storytelling is awesome, and character motivation and conflict is just great advice.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I tend to stutter & fumble for words when pressed and my notes were not as good as they should have been.

Later stuff will generally be of higher quality as I'm doing more editing.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to go check out your RSS at http://swfallingstar.podbean.com/feed this morning and it seems to be having a technical issue.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. displaying fine for me. What are you seeing?

I have had zero time to put up an interim podcast this week. (we've had scheduling issues for the last month and a half UGH so I don't even have new material in the pipe right now) I do have a non-RP session thing I can go with but its not edited yet.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel here.

If you ever run into issues like this(who doesn't?), and you need a co-host for a non-RP session, let me know. I'll be glad to help.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aegisflashfire wrote:
hmm. displaying fine for me. What are you seeing?

I have had zero time to put up an interim podcast this week. (we've had scheduling issues for the last month and a half UGH so I don't even have new material in the pipe right now) I do have a non-RP session thing I can go with but its not edited yet.

Okay, first, it's really sad that I can't read this without hearing your voice.

Second, it appears that the problem only happens in Chrome, so there's an easy fix... I quit trying to access it with Chrome. However, for reference, you can see what I see by means of this screen cap:

http://i.imgur.com/Jj7PmTv.jpg
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're looking at the feed page. It's really only intended for RSS Feeds. I think Firefox & IE have a system that interprets the RSS feed and reformats it as a web page.

Try without the /feed --
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First hour of Falling Star Episode I is up.

STILL can't seem to find enough #$%$# players. I've run sessions at gaming stores, latched on to 4 different gaming clubs in the Cinci area.

I am getting a lot of "its not FFG so I don't want to play" crap. *sigh*

Still not going to do online though. Wish I could, but my players voted no.
angelicdoctor
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, y'all! This is my first post on the Rancor Pit forums. Thanks for having me here.

My advice to you, Jesse, would be to relocate to Texas. It has worked wonders for Vince Florio of the Roll for Initiative podcast. Seriously. He was having a great deal of trouble finding local players for his first edition AD&D games in the Philadelphia area where he used to reside. That all changed when he made the move to my beloved Texas. Now he has to literally try to keep his group size down else be overwhelmed.

Also, we could use some game masters to run D6 Star Wars annually at the North Texas RPG Convention where old school games are king.

Thank you for putting the time and effort into a live play D6 Star Wars podcast. The kids and I have been discovering the simplicity and fun of the West End Games version just in this past year. Up to now, it has been WotC and though this has proven to produce great sessions, it has also been a game master's administrative nightmare especially at the higher levels. Your podcast gives me an opportunity to learn by example how to play this earlier iteration of the Star Wars RPG rules. Keep up the great work (and c'mon down! We love our games and our guns down here. Come invited and meet the former, uninvited and you might meet the latter. So, I'm invitin' ya!)

Secede from the Empire!
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the RancorPit and welcome to the Podcast.

I'm afraid I'm not much of a warm-weather guy. As a Michigan native, I like my winters to have... you know... snow. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: