The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Revising Official Capital Ship Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Revising Official Capital Ship Stats Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited the Common Ordnance Launchers page to include both Heavy and Medium Torpedo Tubes and Heavy and Medium Missile Launchers (the Light versions will mostly be carried by heavy strike starfighters). Next I'll be going through and selectively editing the stats for both weapon types.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about your standardization of ship mounted weaponry:

Have you considered assigning a cost for each unit? It would make ship weapon shopping much easier since I can just use your stats and prices, otherwise I'm trying to find the cost listed for similar items, since this streamlines the ship equipping system, it would make sense to have them on the same pricing scale with respect to one another.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really plan to. This is primarily for my own reference when making stats, and for others who want to make stats of their own that fit with mine.

I assume you're asking because you want the option of buying them for your ship in the Far Orbit Campaign. If that's the case, and if I were to put prices on everything, I'd use the x20 modifier from the Starships of the Galaxy Saga Conversion for Frigate-Scale weaponry, and x100 for anything Destroyer-Scale (which would be moot since you can't realistically fit those to a Frigate, anyway).

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through and have updated all of the Capital Ship and Space Station stats with the new Missile Weapons. In general, ships will only mount Missile Launchers if their mission profile includes planetary bombardment, while Torpedo Tubes exist primarily to give smaller vessels a powerful punch against heavier, shielded targets. There will be some exceptions (the Torpedo Sphere, for example, has torpedo tubes in order to take advantage of the shield penetrative capabilities of torpedoes), but everything else is pretty consistent.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting idea came to me during a discussion about Golan Battlestations. Seeing as how the stations are purpose built to stand and fight (and literally can't run away), it would make sense for them to be as tough a nut to crack as possible. Earlier, I proposed that the Golan's are just as compartmentalized as the Carrack-Class (which actually makes more sense for a relatively immobile space station), but I also think the outer layers should feature the same anti-boarding defenses as the Star Galleon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: