The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Horrific Imperial Experiment Concepts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Horrific Imperial Experiment Concepts Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving this a bump because I stumbled across it while looking for something else. in my COMPNOR Expansion project, I expanded the Coalition for Improvements section by adding the Advancement Branch, which serves as the organizational body for the various secret Imperial projects. As the project evolved, one of my original concepts got squeezed out:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Reclamation
A joint project of Rehabilitation and the ISB's Interrogation Branch, Reclamation Branch is one of the more sinister and horrific Imperial programs in existence. As part of pre-interrogation processing, prisoners are subjected to an intensive medical examination to determine their ability to survive the interrogation. This examination also screens for likely candidates for Reclamation.

Once Interrogation is finished with its subjects, the previously flagged candidates are delivered to Reclamation, which subjects them to personality erasure and reprogramming, leaving them with little more than the ability to follow simple commands. They are also fitted with injection harnesses that deliver combat enhancing drugs directly to their circulatory systems. The resulting creature is much faster and stronger, impervious to pain, and absolutely fearless. It will attack any other living being on sight, ignoring only beings specifically identified as friendly by its handlers.

Reclamation focuses on more robust specimens for its berserkers; smaller creatures are enhanced primarily for speed and equipped with explosive vests for use as suicide bombers. There are also experimental lines which lack combat programming, and are instead cybernetically enhanced to act as assistants and servants.

Reclamation units are used to augment both Assault and Rehabilitation units, as well as the ISB's Enforcement Branch, serving primarily as shock and terror units, as well as spearhead units for breaching enemy lines and assaulting heavily defended positions.

Note: The basis for this idea is a combination of the Servitors, Arco-Flagellants and Human Bombs of Warhammer 40K.

So, I figured I'd move it here, while providing a link back to the COMPNOR topic to give people some ideas for the awful things Advancement Branch might be doing in their campaigns.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:
You're definitely making me think of 40K. Can you say servitors?

Stumbled across this one, and it turns out this post aged quite well (see the Decraniated from Rogue One).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: