The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars D6 2nd Edition: Revised, Expanded, and Updated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars D6 2nd Edition: Revised, Expanded, and Updated Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REUP UPDATE: EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS

It has been a long time since our last REUP update. The primary reason for that is due to the fact that we have been going at the project full blast. Work is being completed at record pace and we now feel pretty confident in solidifying a release date. Our original time-frame for releasing REUP Core Rules was late December. We are going to set a “firm” date of November 28 of this year. I have been amazed at the swiftness that we have been able to complete they layout phase, and the end result is very good. I think and hope you all will be impressed by our attempt to bring SWD6 into the 21st century.

Now for some other updates…

COMBINATION OF THE SOURCEBOOK INTO THE CORE

As of the last update the plan was to make 2 books (a core rule book and a sourcebook). The sourcebook was designed to house a plethora of stats ranging from the old republic to the legacy era. After much deliberation we decided that it was just not in the cards to have a big bad sourcebook. Not that having a big book of stats would not be cool, but our hearts were not into it, and it does exceed the scope of “core rules”. There was much debate about what should be in the book and how eras should be addressed. It was realized that existing stat books and sourcebooks (and future sourcebooks) fulfill the role much better. Additionally we are just plumb burned out. Not that we are tired of REUP yet, but the thought of starting a NEW bigh, bad book is just too much to bear. We have really put our hearts into making this project professional and acceptable to the community at large. That being said I think we have other projects we want to do after REUP (read below). BUT, we have compiled a lot of stats for the sourcebook and we will make the stat blocks in the core book much more robust than originally planned. We will still have stats for most eras and we are planning to have a lot (over 60 starships alone). So only 1 book now, but a bigger 1 book (not bloated mind you, just bigger). I think it will be a lot tighter in the long run.

WHERE IS THE BETA

Well we decided it would be better just to finish this beast and release it as Revision 1. We will release it and let it “soak” with the community for several months. At which point we will do an errata sweep, make a few changes, reformat where need be, and eventually add an index once we feel confident the document is where it needs to be.

So the first release is not a beta, but it will be revised again after we get the inevitable “you got it wrong” emails.

LIFE AFTER REUP

As a team, we have worked together for almost 3 years on REUP. From the ground work of beginning ideas, to OCRing entire volumes, to selecting art, to selecting rule additions, stats mods etc… we have done a lot together. So as we approach the end of the initial REUP release we have been pondering what to do next.

What we don’t want to do is start a big original project. We had a Clone Wars Sourcebook pitched. It is no secret that we are not big prequel fans, but it is growing on us and the animated series really caught my attention and has begun to change my mind on the era. But doing an entire clone wars SB is a HUGE undertaking. We were planning to mirroring the D20 Saga SB… We are going to put this one on the back burner as we just don’t have the energy to go art hunting and stat block writing again.

We thought of doing a bunch of REUP supplements, but we really don’t want to make a “brand” out of REUP, it is kind of a stand alone product designed to replace only the core rules as all existing sourcebooks/supplements are all compatible.

So we decided that our hearts have always been with WEG products. We simply love em. So the plan is to start working to convert the old WEG products into proper ebooks. This basically means we will OCR and re-typeset the entire documents. The art will be original black and white, but touched up a bit here and there.

As far as which books we will start with… well we aren’t sure yet. We have a few months till we finish REUP so we will take some time. But our short list contains the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook, Tramp Freighters (although a lot of this is in REUP), Darkstryder, Rebellion Sourcebook, Imperial Sourcebook, Tales of the Jedi Companion, Heroes and Rogues, Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Rules of Engagement and a bunch of the adventures.

So thats the plan for now… back to the grind
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone following this thread, we have finished REUP and it can be download from dropbox at the link provided. https://www.dropbox.com/s/audevnajgorkyiu/Star%20Wars%20Roleplaying%20Game%20-%20REUP.pdf?dl=0.
Erifnogard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klhaviation wrote:
For anyone following this thread, we have finished REUP and it can be download from dropbox at the link provided. https://www.dropbox.com/s/audevnajgorkyiu/Star%20Wars%20Roleplaying%20Game%20-%20REUP.pdf?dl=0.

The dropbox link listed here appears to be broken.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erifnogard wrote:
klhaviation wrote:

The dropbox link listed here appears to be broken.

Welcome to the Pit, Erifnogard!

klhaviation wrote:
One week left until errata closes.

REUP Mk II should be available the 2nd or 3rd of Feb.

They are coming out with an updated version next week, and I'm sure there will be an updated link posted then.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Erifnogard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Welcome to the Pit, Erifnogard!

Thanks!

Whill wrote:
klhaviation wrote:
One week left until errata closes.

REUP Mk II should be available the 2nd or 3rd of Feb.

They are coming out with an updated version next week, and I'm sure there will be an updated link posted then.

Excellent. I found a working link and have been perusing this incredibly well done update edition. I'll keep an eye out for the updated version.

Getting back into d6 after a decade or so and I can already tell this pdf is going to be indispensable.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erifnogard wrote:
Getting back into d6 after a decade or so and I can already tell this pdf is going to be indispensable.

Glad you are making it back to the game. You may wish to head over to the G+ community Star Wars D6. It is a companion site to the Rancor Pit forums. Lots being done over there. Also tell you to have a listen to the Shooting Womp Rats podcast and the premiere issue of Wild Space Magazine. Also, the May the Fourth Be With You Online Convention is being planned. There are also weekly games and I am always trying to empower more people to run games. To that end I have a couple of Roll20 campaign pages I make copies of and make a person a co-GM so they have a prepared Roll20 virtual tabletop in which to host games. Any questions let me know.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite happy about the REUP. However, I have questions about some of the skills listed, as sometimes it seems that we have several skills being used at once. And sometimes, I think something is happening that necessitates a skill roll when in fact it doesn't. Let me give some examples so that the people on the board here can clarify whether or not I understand the description of the skills in question.

We have a session of the Senate, akin to what we've seen at times in The Clone Wars TV series. Someone making a speech to the Senators: definitely an example of persuasion: oration. Two Senators debating over a bill during the session - clearly persuasion: debate. The same two senators negotiating with each other to come to a middle ground over said bill - persuasion: negotiation? And is the entire Senate session an example of bureaucracy?

When a pilot activates the hyperdrive, is he using astrogation in addition to whatever piloting skill that's being used at the time?

You have someone walking the streets of Nar Shaddaa. He is mindful of his surrounding so as not to be pick pocketed. He's also keeping to himself so as not to be a victim of a scam artist. Is this an example of streetwise, as the person is using his wits and street-smarts to keep safe while moving through a dangerous neighborhood or part of the city, so as to speak.

Hera Syndulla's and Kanan Jarrus' meeting with Vizago in the pilot episode of Rebels. Their meeting Vizago - a crime lord - is an example of streetwise. Vizago paying them for the stolen cargo - bargain. Vizago offering to give them info on the Wookie slave in lieu of the rest of the payment - bargain or persuasion: negotiation.

A police officer going after a criminal or a lawyer doing his or her duty in court - examples of law enforcement?

Can anyone tell me where my understanding of the aforementioned skills is accurate and where it isn't? I would really appreciate it.

Also. I recall the skill business administration in the 2nd edition, but it's not listed in this version. Has it been removed or has it merged with business?
dicemauler
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, my Search Fu is apparently way weaker than I thought. Does anyone have a link to where I can find this?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what happened, but it appears that the REUP team decided to either preemptively make their stuff C&D compliant, or they were given a C&D.

I'll have to see if anyone has given it a permanent home.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not aware of any C&Ds.... in fact, I don't think anyone who had anything to do with the project actually hosts the file. Hence the dead links. Nobody really wanted to draw too much attention... not for legal reasons, more for privacy reasons. I think d6 holocron had it up several months ago and probably still does, and the d6 g+ community too.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still there. Smile
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klhaviation wrote:
I am not aware of any C&Ds.... in fact, I don't think anyone who had anything to do with the project actually hosts the file. Hence the dead links. Nobody really wanted to draw too much attention... not for legal reasons, more for privacy reasons. I think d6 holocron had it up several months ago and probably still does, and the d6 g+ community too.

And that's what I get for speculating.

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No C&Ds to us or anyone we know directly. There have been linked that have been removed because people felt they broke the rules of where they were posted. Again, to our knowledge no one has received a C&D.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the original links dried up with no word from the original staff I just jumped to the wrong conclusion. Sorry about that.
dicemauler
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing me at the link and for touching on the issue around missing links.

I've had the chance to look over some of it and everything I've seen looks great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: