The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fractal does amazing work.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one more for the night...

There are mentions throughout WEG material of Imperial capital ships being equipped with landing barges, able to land up to a thousand troopers, or an entire Imperial Army battalion in a single drop. But no images or stats.

However, thanks to Fractalsponge, there is now the...

Chi-Class Heavy Landing Craft

Images

Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems' Chi-Class
Type: Heavy Landing Craft
Scale: Frigate (+10D)
Length: 154 meters
Skill: Capital Ship Piloting: Chi-Class
Crew: 130 (45 @ +10) & 12 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 3D+2
Gunnery 4D
Piloting 4D
Shields 4D+1
Sensors 3D+2
Transport Capacity:
--Up to eight AT-ATs, or an equivalent-sized unit of walkers
--An Imperial Army Battalion (Reinforced)
--Up to 32,000 metric tons of cargo
--Or any combination of the above
Consumables: 5 days
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: x12
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 4 (2D)
Atmosphere: 280; 800 km/h
Hull: 2D
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
Passive 30/1D
Scan 60/2D
Search 80/3D
Focus 3/4D
Weapons:
6 Dual Turbo-Blaster Cannon
Fire Arc: 1 Front/Left, 1 Front/Right, 1 Rear/Left, 1 Rear/Right, 2 Front/Left/Right
Crew: 2
Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Range:
--Space: 2-10/25/50
--Orbital: 4km-20km/50km/100km
--Atmosphere: 200m-1km/2.5km/5km
Rate of Fire: 1
Damage: 5D
Special: May reconfigure to rapid-fire mode, which reduces Damage to 2D, but increases Fire Control to 5D. Reconfiguring requires one round, during which the cannon may not be fired.

House Rule Notes:
    COMMAND DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: +6
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 1D @ 2D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 1D Flight
    BATTERY DICE:
      Dual Turbo-blaster Cannon:2D Front, 1D+1 Left, 1D+ Right, 1D Rear

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Fractal does amazing work.

He does indeed. It sometimes amazes me how much unpaid work artists are willing to put in purely out of love for the setting. I suppose my own work falls into a similar category, though, so I expect I understand it better than I realize.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, here's a list of the ships I want to get done, but have yet to finish off. I'll most likely be saving the largest ships to the last, unless someone has a burning need (and a sufficiently toothsome bribe).

EDIT: Moved To-Do List to original post

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kontos-Class Weapon Loadout Update Reply with quote

Macavity wrote:
I've read through the Battery Dice topic and was thinking about how I wanted to respond to it.

I happened across this again and realized I didn't reply to it as thoroughly as it deserved.

Quote:
For me, I don't see how the coordination rules lead to Star Destroyers out powering the Death star, as the number of weapons any one officer can coordinate is limited to their Command skill per 2nd Edition rules RAW.

Ship operations aren't subject to the Command skill rules, per se. Here's a quote from the 2R&E Rulebook, pgs. 246-247:
    Each ship has one prime person responsible for keeping control, running sensors, calculating hyperspace jumps and the like. On smaller ships, one person may be responsible for all of these duties, while on larger ships, one person may be in charge of each of these functions. While there might be hundreds of support crew manning the machinery, whether the action succeeds comes down to one character's skill roll - hence the crew skill listing.
So basically, one person in charge of all the ship's guns, regardless of how many assistants and support crew he has under his control, and that's what the Crew Skill represents. It's essentially a pre-calculated Skill + Coordination Bonus - any penalties for the complexity of the task, all for the purposes of simplifying combat.

Quote:
Still trying to wrap my mind around the implementation of the Battery Dice. For me it still seems easiest to just use the existing coordination rules, allocate a set number of turrets based on the gunnery officer commanding them, and then just roll that limited amount. I don't need to fire every weapon an NPC ship has - just enough to make life difficult for my PCs.

The problem there is that, unless you're using some of my modified stats, capital ships pretty much have to do massed fire in order to have a chance of overcoming the scale modifiers. Under the RAW, the turbolasers on an ISD have a -6D penalty to hit a Starfighter-Scale target, so the only way to hit something is to spam-fire every cannon you've got, saturating the target's general vicinity in the hopes of hitting something.

W/r/t the Coordination rules, the RAW doesn't explicitly state that the bonuses can be applied to Damage, but other rules indicate that it does happen. Consider, for example, the stats for Starfighter-Scale laser cannon. The single laser cannon on a YT-1300 does 4D, while the dual laser cannon of the A-Wing and the Y-Wing do 5D and the quad-lasers on the X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon do 6D. The cannon are nominally the same weapon, but every time the number of weapons combined doubles, the Damage increases by 1D. This is the basis of my own Coordination bonus system.

If, on the other hand, we assume that the RAW's Coordination rules are applicable to weapons (i.e. +1 for ever additional weapon combined), then things can spiral out of control very quickly, especially with larger ships. The most extreme example is the Executor's Front Arc Heavy Turbolasers (10D Capital Scale per cannon). If one were to apply the RAW Coordination bonus, then the Executor's 100 cannon would get a bonus of +99, or +33D (converting from pips to dice). 10D + 33D - 12D (converting up to Death Star Scale) gets you 31D Death Star-Scale damage, far exceeding even the Death Star II superlaser's maximum output of 16D Death Star Scale.

Bottom line, the RAW is both vague and conflicting as to how larger weapons on capital ships actually coordinate, which leaves we the fans to clean up the mess. I originally wanted to revert to the 2E method, which applied bonuses more gradually, but that system has its own irregularities, so I ended up coming up with my own system, in which every time the number of people/objects being coordinated doubles, it generates a +1D bonus that can be applied to a single roll, or can be split between rolls, as dictated by the character in charge.

For example, an ISD's 20 front-arc turbolasers generate a bonus of 4D/5D (depending on which direction you round off). The captain can apply all of that bonus to either Damage or Fire Control, or he can treat it as a dice pool and split it between the two.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light Atmospheric Assault Vehicle/Infantry (LAAV/i)

Images

The Light Atmospheric Assault Vehicle/Infantry is the Empire's successor to the venerable LAAT platform of the Clone Wars. While somewhat slower and less maneuverable, the LAAV/i is much more rugged and durable, while still combining heavy firepower with the the capacity to transport a full platoon of ground troops or a variety of other cargos. The LAAV/i's increased power budget even permits it to mount combat shielding, which has proven invaluable in thousands of hot landings and extractions across the galaxy.

Craft: Aratech's LAAV/i
Type: Multi-Role Assault Airspeeder
Scale: Starship (+6D)
Length: 17.9 meters
Skill: Airspeeder Operation: LAAV/i
Crew: 3 (1 @ +5) & 3 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Sensors 3D+2
Vehicle Gunnery 4D+1
Airspeeder Operation 4D
Shields 4D
Passengers: 40*
Cargo Capacity: 40 metric tons*
*May mix and match at 1 passenger / 1 metric ton
Cover: Full
Cost: Not Available For Sale
Maneuverability: 2D+1
Move: 330; 950 km/h (3D)
Altitude Range: Surface to Low Orbit
Body: 4D+1
Shields: 1D+2
Sensors:
Passive 2km/0D
Scan 4km/1D
Search 6km/2D
Focus 300m/3D
Weapons:
4 Laser Cannon (Can be Fire-Linked by Arc)
Fire Arc: 2 Front/Left/Rear, 2 Front/Right/Rear
Skill: Starship Gunnery
Fire Control: 3D
Range:
--Space: 1-3/12/25
--Orbital: 2km-6km/24km/50km
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1.2km/2.5km
Damage: 4D (5D if dual-fire-linked, 6D if quad-fire-linked)
2 Light Warhead Launch Tube Clusters
Fire Arc: Front
Rate of Fire: 1, or bursts of up to 8 (2D Auto-Fire)
All Other Stats vary by Weapon Type
Capacity: 16 per Cluster. May select Light Missiles & Rockets from this list, depending on Availability.
2 Dual Heavy Repeating Blasters
Fire Arcs: 1 Front/Left, 1 Front/Right
Scale: Speeder (+4D)
Crew: 1 (Gunner or Co-Pilot)
Skill: Vehicle Gunnery
Fire Control: 5D
Range: 3-75/200/500
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Damage: 4D

House Rule Notes:
    COMMAND DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: +1
    SHIELDS & SHIELD CONTROL: 1D+2 @ 1D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 1D+2 Flight

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of stats have been posted over the years in this topic, both by myself and others. While I have included all of my own write-ups in my stat index, I thought it might be helpful to create an Index for people who are looking specifically for Fractalsponge projects, including both my work and the various stats posted by other contributors. The Index has been added to original post for this topic.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy Atmospheric Tactical Transport/carrier (HATT/c)

Images

Civilian carry-alls are in common use on most civilized worlds, hauling cargo to and from orbit, or surface-to-surface moves. The logistics-intensive Imperial Army also makes extensive use of such craft, but the civilian models are too slow and vulnerable to risk anywhere near a combat zone. The HATT/c fills the gap, combining heavy airlift capacity with decent armor and defensive weaponry. Its external grappling and tractor field system is capable of lifting nearly any cargo small enough to fit in its grasp, and is a common sight ferrying cargo containers and pre-fabricated buildings from location to location. HATT/c's are also commonly paired with walker units, using their heavy-lift capacity and mobility to rapidly shift the slow moving walkers as needed.

While the craft was originally called the Zeta, it is almost never referred to as such in military service. This is in part due to the tradition in the Imperial Army of referring to aerospace craft by an alphanumeric designation (in this case, the HATT/c, for Heavy Atmospheric Tactical Transport/carrier), but also because the Imperial Navy's ubiquitous supply freighter was also called the Zeta-Class. Since tradition also held that hyperspace-capable shuttles were assigned letter designations from the Tionese alphabet, high command held that the supply freighter had a prior claim to the name. As such, the carry-all is known as the Zeta-Class almost exclusively in internal company documents.

Craft: Aratech's Zeta-Class Tactical CarryAll
Type: Heavy Tactical Transport
Length: 21 meters
Skill: Airspeeder Operation: Zeta-Class
Crew: 3 (1 @ +10) & 2 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Sensors 3D+2
Vehicle Blasters 4D
Airspeeder Operation 4D
Passengers: None
Cargo Capacity: 10,000 metric tons (all external)
Cover: Full
Maneuverability: 1D
Move: 280; 800 km/h (2D Flight)
Altitude Range: Surface to Low Orbit
Sensors:
Passive 10km/0D
Scan 20km/1D
Search 30km/1D+1
Focus 200m/2D
Weapons:
2 Dual Heavy Laser Cannon (Can be Fire-Linked by Arc)
Fire Arc: 1 Front/Left/Rear, 1 Front/Right/Rear
Scale: Walker (+10D)
Crew: 1
Range:
1 Dual Heavy Repeating Blaster
Fire Arcs: Front/Left/Right
Scale: Speeder (+4D)
Crew: 1 (Gunner or Co-Pilot)
Fire Control: 5D
Range: 3-75/200/500
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Tractor Field Projector
Crew: 1 (Pilot or Co-Pilot)
Range: Contact
Strength: 10D

House Rule Notes:

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intersector-Class Sloop

Images

The Intersector is a multi-role combat platform that blends the roles of a light patrol vessel and a fast attack ship, able to perform extended patrols and superiority operations against light craft, while its powerful missile armament gives decent throw-weight against larger frigates and light cruisers. Intersectors are most commonly deployed closer to the Core Worlds, but have been encountered on occasion in the Expansion Region and Outer Rim. Their biggest weakness is their limited supply of warheads, as the ship carries no reloads for its missile tubes. Once all the missiles are fired, the ship has to continue to operate without its most potent weapon, or return to base and reload. As a result, Intersectors in medium- to high-intensity combat zones tend to operate relatively close to their home bases. In response, a variant of the Intersector is being produced for use in longer range patrols, replacing the missile tubes with a pair of heavy ion cannon. While the ion cannon lack the punch and versatility of the missile launchers, they have much more efficient ammunition consumption, allowing the ship to deploy for longer periods without needing resupply.

Craft: KDY's Intersector-Class
Type: Light Patrol Vessel
Length: 76 meters
Skill: Starship Piloting
Crew: 8 (4 @ +10) & 10 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 4D
Gunnery 5D+2
Piloting 5D
Shields 5D+1
Sensors 5D
Passengers: 10 (troops), 6 (prisoners)
Cargo Capacity: 200 metric tons
Consumables: 3 months
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x10
Space: 8 (4D)
Atmosphere: 365; 1,050 km/h
Hull: 6D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive 30/1D
Scan 60/2D
Search 90/3D+1
Focus 4/4D+1
Weapons:
2 Dual Turbolasers
Fire Arc: Turret
Fire Control: 0D
Range:
Damage: 8D
4 Quad-Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: 2 Front/Left/Rear, 2 Front/Right/Rear (+5 Difficulty to any shots in Rear Arc)
Range:
Damage: 6D
12 Missile Launch Tubes
All Other Stats vary by Weapon Type
Capacity: 1 per Tube. Can select Missiles and Torpedoes from this list, subject to Availability.
1 Tractor Beam Projector
Range:
--Space: 1-2/5/10
--Atmosphere: 100m-200m/500m/1km
Variants:
    Intersector II-Class (Use Above Stats, except as noted)
    Weapon Systems: Replace Missile Launchers with...
    2 Heavy Ion Cannon (Fire-Linked)
    Range:
    --Space: 1-3/7/16
    --Atmosphere: 100m/300m/700m/1.6km
    Damage: 6D (ionization)

House Rule Notes:
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 2D @ 1D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 2D Flight

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I wasn't planning on doing this one, but I happened upon it while doing a search for something else on Fractal's page, and thought "why not?"

Escort Corvette

Images

The Rendili Escort Corvette is a modification of the Rendili Light Corvette, a common sight on customs and patrol duty. Rendili simply installed an enclosed hangar bay between the bow mandibles, while also upgrading the ship's weaponry with additional dedicated anti-starfighter turrets. While not able to stand up to Alliance frigates, the Escort Corvette is a credible match for most other corvette classes, and its huge small craft capacity (for a ship of its size) makes it a formidable foe for pirates and Alliance starfighter raids. Innovative commanders have also used the Escort Corvette's transport capacity to deploy light ground forces, including some vehicles and light walkers.

Craft: Rendili Star Drive's Escort Corvette
Type: Escort Corvette
Scale: Frigate (+10D)
Length: 180 meters
Skill: Capital Ship Piloting: Light Corvette
Crew: 64 (18 @ +10) & 17 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 4D
Gunnery 4D+2
Piloting 4D
Sensors 4D
Shields 4D+1
Passengers: 10
Cargo Capacity: 200 metric tons
Small Craft Capacity:
-24 TIE Fighters (2 squadrons)
-May substitute other craft of similar size.
Consumables: 2 months
Hyperdrive Backup: x8
Maneuverability: 3D
Space: 6 (3D)
Atmosphere: 330; 950 kph
Hull: 2D+1
Sensors:
Passive 30/1D
Scan 60/2D
Search 90/3D+1
Focus 4/4D+1
Weapons:
7 Dual Turbo-Blaster Cannon
Fire Arc: 3 Front/Left/Rear, 3 Front/Right/Rear, 1 Front/Left/Right
Range:
Special: May reconfigure to rapid-fire mode, which reduces Damage to 1D, but increases Fire Control to 6D. Reconfiguring requires one round, during which the cannon may not be fired.
5 Quad Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: 2 Front/Left, 2 Front/Right, 1 Rear/Left/Right
Range:
Damage: 6D
1 Tractor Beam Projector
Fire Arc: Front/Left/Right
Scale: Special*
Crew: 3
Range:
--Space: 1-3/10/20
--Orbital: 2km-6km/20km/40km
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1km/2km
Rate of Fire: 1 (Full Round)
*May switch between Frigate (+10D) and Starship (+6D). Switch takes one round, during which the projector can not be used.

House Rule Notes:
    COMMAND DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: +3
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 2D @ 2D
    BATTERY DICE:
      Dual Turbo-Blaster Cannon: 0D+2 Front, 0D+1 Left, 0D+1 Right, 0D Rear
      Quad Laser Cannon: 0D+2 Front, 0D+2 Left, 0D+2 Right, 0D+2 Rear
      Tractor Beam Projector: 0D Front/Left/Right

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contentor-Class Taskforce Replenishment Ship

Images

The Contentor is the Imperial Navy's main medium-duty resupply tender. While larger vessels exist, they are generally reserved for servicing full fleets or for the largest command ships, such as the Executor-Class. As such, the Contentor is far more common, and can be encountered replenishing small Imperial taskforces across the galaxy. It is equipped with five articulated refueling booms, as well as four smaller docking points for light craft. Its fuel load is primarily carried in a pair of large, hardened fuel pods near the bow, which can actually be removed and replaced as needed. The ship also features massive internal storage bays for the restocking of ammunition, foodstuffs and all the other myriad supplies that keep the Imperial Navy up and running. The ship's design allows it to service multiple vessels at once, using its arrays of tractor beams projectors to hold in close formation while transferring fuel via its articulated boom arms, and force tube projectors to move cargo containers across the open space between the two vessels.

Naturally, such vessels are priority targets for Alliance attacks, as the destruction of a replenishment ship on the eve of a major battle can cripple an Imperial operation just as effectively as eliminating a star destroyer or two, and at much less cost. As such, Contentors are equipped with their own defensive armament, and rarely travel anywhere without a suitable escort. That hasn't stopped the Alliance, however, who focus significant efforts from Alliance Intel to ascertain advance warning of movement by Contentors and their escorts, to the point where more than one Imperial Admiral has used their own replenishment ships as bait in a trap, with mixed results.

Craft: Kuat Drive Yard's Contentor
Type: Fleet Replenishment Ship
Scale: Destroyer (+12D)
Length: 915 meters
Skill: Capital Ship Piloting: Contentor
Crew: 2,854 (307 @ +10) & 84 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 3D
Gunnery 4D+1
Piloting 3D+2
Shields 3D
Sensors 3D+1
Passengers: 450 (troops)
Small Craft Complement:
--Assorted Cargo Barges, Tugs and Utility Craft
--5 External Fueling Booms for Destroyer and Frigate-Scale Craft
--4 External Fueling Docks for Large Starship-Scale Craft
Cargo Capacity: 6,000,000 metric tons
Consumables: 1 year
Hyperdrive Backup: x12
Space: 4 (2D)
Atmosphere: 280; 800 km/h
Hull: 3D+2
Sensors:
Passive 40/0D
Scan 75/1D
Search 120/32D
Focus 4/3D+2
Weapons:
12 Dual Turbolaser Cannon (Fire Separately)
Fire Arc: 2 Front, 4 Left, 4 Right, 2 Rear
Range:
12 Dual Laser Cannon (Fire Separately)
Fire Arc: 3 Front, 3 Left, 3 Right, 3 Rear
Range:
Damage: 7D
12 Tractor Beam Projectors (Fire Separately)
Fire Arc: 5 Left, 5 Right
Scale: Special*
Crew: 4
Range:
--Space: 1-3/10/20
--Orbital: 2km-6km/20km/40km
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1km/2km
Rate of Fire: 1 (Full Round)
*May switch between Destroyer (+12D), Frigate (+10D) and Starship (+6D). Switch takes one round, during which the projector can not be used.
Designer Note: I don't have a mechanic for Underway Replenishment, but it isn't really necessary for a story. The ability of the ship to resupply enemy ships (and the failure of planned enemy operations if those supplies are captured or destroyed) is the impetus for whatever larger story arc the GM intends. I may work up something in the future as part of my larger Endurance Dice project, but for now, this is more of a Story Factor than any sort of actual rule.

House Rule Notes:
    COMMAND DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: +12
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 2D @ 2D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 1D Flight
    BATTERY DICE:
      Dual Turbolaser Cannon:1D Front, 2D Left, 2D Right, 1D Rear
      Dual-Laser Cannon: 1D+2 Front, 1D+2 Left, 1D+2 Right, 1D+2 Rear
      Tractor Beam Projectors: 2D+1 Left, 2D+1 Right

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Black Ice Reply with quote

I see back in 2017 this fractal image for Black Ice ever came up for discussion. Did anyone ever make stats for this?

https://fractalsponge.artstation.com/projects/yZBw8
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Ice Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I see back in 2017 this fractal image for Black Ice ever came up for discussion. Did anyone ever make stats for this?

I've wanted to, but I can't quite decide how I want to do it. I know there were stats for them on the Holocron; maybe in the Starship Stat book?

TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocron site appears to be down right now.
But they are, as mentioned, listed in the Ship Stat book p194-195:

Container Train
Craft: Rendili StarDrive’s Container Train
Affiliation: General
Era: Rise of the Empire
Source: Black Ice (pages 16-20)
Type: Container train
Scale: Capital
Length: 7,800 meters (9 cargo pods: 600 meters each; 2 engine pods: 1,200 meters each)
Skill: Capital ship piloting: container train
Crew: 200, skeleton 100/+10
Crew Skill: Astrogation 3D, capital ship piloting 4D
Passengers: None
Cargo Capacity: 1,210,000,000 metric tons (110,000,000 metric tons in each of the 9 cargo balls; 110,000,000 metric tons in each of the 2 engine pods)
Consumables: 6 months
Cost: Not available for sale
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x6
Hyperdrive Backup: x24
Space: 1 (increases always +1, when two cargo balls are removed)
Hull: 4D
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
Passive: 10/0D
Scan: 20/1D+1
Search: 40/1D+2
Focus: 2/2D

Not much to it really it seems...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I don't like about those stats is that it doesn't really encompass one of the few known bits of information we have about the FSCV:
    As the vast majority of an FSCVs power is going through the Prexton [doublefield generator], it is no surprise that the ion engines are underpowered. FSCVs at full throttle can take 35 hours and over 600,000,000 kilometers to come to a stop from normal sublight speed, and a like time to accelerate the ships again. FSCVs are therefore flown on paths tangent to the orbits of planets whose depots are being resupplied. Smaller ships unload and reload the cargo as the FSCV flies by, never losing more than a third of their sublight velocity.
By giving the stat a Space of 1, it can still be up to a Space of 4 inside of 20-30 seconds (depending on how you work the acceleration). I'm okay with the speed itself, but there needs to be a rule where a ship's acceleration is affected by how heavily loaded it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 16 of 25

Jump to: