The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Rebels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars Rebels Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strongarm85 wrote:
Episode 4... It's a trap though.

Arrow I realize that episodes are available on the internet before they first air on TV, but could we please adopt of spoiler policy of not posting about episodes until they air on TV? That is the official air date. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how many of you saw the news, but they're rebroadcasting the Pilot episode (I think it's this Sunday) on ABC. This time they're adding in a scene with a holographic Darth Vader (voiced by James Earl Jones).
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder, Doug. Except for ongoing series recordings on a single channel, I can only set my crappy DVR to record within 6 days for a single showing of a program. Done!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Bulldogzeta
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have caught all the episodes through episode 3 (TIE Fighter plot). Thankfully the Disney Channel is airing it multiple times during the week because I don't always catch the Monday broadcast.

I'm still enjoying the shows greatly even if the plots are somewhat simplistic; but then again, I try to follow the KISS rule myself. Lucas might have better success if he were to follow the KISS rule. I think Star Wars works best when plots are kept simple. That seems to work best for my RPG group.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed last night's episode. The Inquisitor is a fearsome adversary and there was great action and character development.
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the episode was pretty good. I hated the gimmicky lightsaber though. Uber lame.

There is no try! Only fail for that lightsaber.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the spinning-double lightsaber was too much. And I thought it was hokey that a minor Jedi could sense Master Unduli's presence in her bones 14 years after she died. And Sabine is so uber for 16.

And I don't know if 11D Dodge is accurate. What's the skill for just standing there and blaster bolts just warp around you? Is that an advanced dodge skill of some kind?

But my 5-year-old son loves Rebels, so I will continue to watch it with him.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Bulldogzeta
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Storm Troopers are so lame. They stand there staring at a grenade and do nothing. These are supposed to be elite troops, not army grunts. Even army grunts are trained in dealing with grenades.

But I enjoy the show overall. I did get a kick that Kanin quoted Yoda. It was even funnier when Ezra asked "What's that supposed to mean?" Laughing
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulldogzeta wrote:
The Storm Troopers are so lame. They stand there staring at a grenade and do nothing. These are supposed to be elite troops, not army grunts. Even army grunts are trained in dealing with grenades.

They've always been elite troops... until main characters are on the screen.
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

But my 5-year-old son loves Rebels, so I will continue to watch it with him.

My 2 little girls love it to (6 & 7 1/2 years old) both love it. So, I watch it. At the very least it is better than Barbie or 'dog with a blog' so I won't complain.

it does make my eye twitch at the stormies etc, but then I'm sure back in the day the shows I watched - star trek the cartoon, Dukes of Hazard and tooooo many others to think about - had the same effect on my dad ... I guess it is karma Laughing

Seriously though. It feeds my daughters a love for something I loved back in the day (that sounds past, so still love is better) so I hope they keep putting them out and I get to feed my little one's love for sci fi and imagination.

Forgive all spelling errors.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulldogzeta wrote:

Yeah, I hated that too. Stormtroopers have never been the epitome of intelligence, but it's like these troopers are mindless automatons. Rolling Eyes

And like most of you, I could have done without the gimmicky lightsaber (somebody needs to tell the makers that 'ordinary' lightsabers are cool enough!)
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
I could have done without the gimmicky lightsaber (somebody needs to tell the makers that 'ordinary' lightsabers are cool enough!)

Amen brother
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the recap video, they explained that the Inquisitor has the gimmicky lightsaber to make up for his lack of skill.
Lane Arroway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me or is the Empire terrible at catching rebels? I mean, these guys hang out on the same planet for, like 4 episodes now, and the ISB or the Inquisitor can't find them? Some invesigation on the ISB's part could lead to the rebels' contact in the criminal underworld (Visago), who should be easily convinced to sell out the rebels. Presto! A trap is set.
On this thought, can't wait to see bounty hunters after the rebels.

Not to mention that the Empire could seize every ship that matches the ghost's discription. They gotta get gas sometime, right?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over on the Star Wars D6 Google Group, one of the members pointed out some cool blogs that tie the Rebels show into the old D6 game.

One article points out how the show is going to use lots of old WEG RPG material.

And this blog is fantastic! I highly recommend it to any of you that enjoy Rebels, as the writer spotlights the different characters, points out lots of gaming moments, even recognizes the different types of RPG players. At the end of every episode (you can see links on the right) he points out "What did they learn?", which is a wonderful segment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: