The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A brand new D6 supplement... Galaxy Guide: The Old Republic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> A brand new D6 supplement... Galaxy Guide: The Old Republic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, if you are taking requests...

GG 18 -Corvettes, (do for the small capitol ships what GT 6 did for tramp freighter.)
GG 19 -The Force Awakens
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a very workable plan!
Flakpanzer
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Longtime member here, but new poster. I just found this thread thanks to Whill answering my query (as to whether or not there was a sourcebook out that covered the Bioware Old Republic era) in another thread.

Is it possible to get an early copy of this?

I am actually starting a new D6 Star Wars campaign after about a 15 year hiatus thanks to REUP, and while it will be set in the same time period as Star Wars Rebels, I want to utilize some Korraban and Sith background. That said, I would love to take a look at the book and provide feedback.

Thanks.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your looking for generic information for Koorroban and Sith tombs you don't need the sourcebook. Heady on over to wookieepedia and look up information on the planet and about Sith tombs. Is there some very specific from Old Republic you are looking for? As for being back and playing again, that is awesome! REUP is a chore but its also been a good experience especially as we continue to develop more source books and material.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

I'd be happy to send over a review copy. Just know that a lot has changed since that copy - Revision 6 I believe? It's now on Revision 9, part of the reason for the delay being the introduction of 62 pages of Force material that needs careful culling and editing to be playable and representative of the era.

If you're still interested let me know, I'd love to see feedback in this late stage.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you have left on the Force section?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just formatting. I've collected all the info and powers I need, but they're from three or four different sources, with different formatting. And each table needs to be rebuilt from scratch, so that's a time sink (there are a LOT of tables in the Force section!).

I did make sure to use the updated REUP versions of all common powers. The Force section includes all powers known by that era - everything from Tales of the Jedi, as well as the KOTOR conversion and applicable fan-made powers.
Flakpanzer
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Excellent!

I'd be happy to send over a review copy. Just know that a lot has changed since that copy - Revision 6 I believe? It's now on Revision 9, part of the reason for the delay being the introduction of 62 pages of Force material that needs careful culling and editing to be playable and representative of the era.

If you're still interested let me know, I'd love to see feedback in this late stage.

PM sent Mojomoe. Thank you.
Flakpanzer
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
If your looking for generic information for Koorroban and Sith tombs you don't need the sourcebook. Heady on over to wookieepedia and look up information on the planet and about Sith tombs. Is there some very specific from Old Republic you are looking for? As for being back and playing again, that is awesome! REUP is a chore but its also been a good experience especially as we continue to develop more source books and material.

Thanks shootingwomprats.

Just trying to get some ideas for the first part of the campaign.

One of the players is going to be a failed jedi, another a smuggler. I am having them on a routine cargo delivery mission when they get pulled out of Hyperspace by an Interdictor - which causes them to crash land on a planet.

The planet has a ruin on it that is being studied by an Imperial Officer who is the head of a kind of occult society within the Empire. The ruin is going to be some kind of Sith tomb. So I am just looking for inspiration from the sourcebook.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I am guessing this is during the Rebellion era?

As for a planet you can go several ways on this: 1.) undocumented planet, 2.) documented but dead planet, 3. )Documented planet with a.) small colony or b.) typical population. Figure out if this tomb is unknown, known, part of the local culture.

Now you will need to figure out why the Imperial officer is here as well as how he found out about it. Very important will be be what resources and manpower he has access to.

As for the GM, you gotta figure out what is really going on. Is there a third party that also has an interest? What do locals think of this and what are they willing to do about it? Is this going to be an Indiana Jones type of adventure?

With spirits, creations, traps, etc?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I was really hoping someone would do this! Mojomoe, you are awesome, and you win the interwebs as far as I'm concerned. Any chances of getting a copy, I'm more than willing to shoot you some feedback once I read through it.

Read my gaming blog at www.alteredrealities.net - click on the tabs near the top for the different pages that usually have character bios and other info.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, glad to help!

Truthfully, I'd been wanting to do this for some time. I get the feeling nobody had done it because, well, the project is big enough to be logistically impossible. ...but that's the exact challenge I love!
Flakpanzer
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Hey, glad to help!

Truthfully, I'd been wanting to do this for some time. I get the feeling nobody had done it because, well, the project is big enough to be logistically impossible. ...but that's the exact challenge I love!

Sent you a PM Mojomoe. Thank you.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also sent a private message ya big pork booty mofo. Now get on it, send me some loot matey ... AHRRRRR ::squinty eye:: ::squinty eye::
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: