The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Poaching Adventure Locations/Ideas from other Universes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Poaching Adventure Locations/Ideas from other Universes Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be interesting. Players are marooned on a far-flung world and have to discover a way off. Sort of like how the Sith started on Kesh - hyperspace mishap strands a crew on the world that is pre-industrial in tech level.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote up campaign notes on my group crashlanding on a planet that was at a 1700's level of technology. My group at the time was a Han Solo inspired pilot heavy on the blaster skills, a Wookiee barbarian and two fast talking teenage twi'lek girls who threw a fit when things didn't go their way. After two sessions they decided they'd rather play rockband.

I think the plan was for them to jury rig a rescue beacon with the help of a local genius and fight crime with their blasters while they waited for rescue. Or something like that. I remember trying to blend in on an alien world was one of the key things. I think I stole the prime directive from Trek and made it illegal to interfere with a species that hadn't discovered space flight or something. Or maybe they were afraid the mob would lynch them if they discovered the group was comprised of aliens or somesuch.

I can see if I can find the notes if you're interested. Being stranded in the 1700's would be just as hard to escape from as a desert island.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Interesting....... Also crashing on worlds with information or industrial level technolgy have there own dangers.......... A local planetary power may send the local star war wars versions of "Agents Scully and Moulder" to investigate...... the hilarity then ensues.......
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the idea for making some ideas out of old, black and white 60s Doctor Who to supplement my Bounty Hunter universe once the No Disintegrations stories ran out. I only ever got around to adapting 'The Abominable Snowmen' (Clearly Talz-Replica Droids (similar to Human Replica Droids) standing in for the Yeti), where the guy who put a bounty in the PCs in Seregar Turnabout was holed up.

Hard core OT, all the way!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzerjedi wrote:
Very Interesting....... Also crashing on worlds with information or industrial level technolgy have there own dangers.......... A local planetary power may send the local star war wars versions of "Agents Scully and Moulder" to investigate...... the hilarity then ensues.......

Just take a look at earth. We have had dozens of movies where ET's have landed and what's the common theme in them all?
The govt wants to capture those aliens to dissect them to learn all they can. Aliens have no rights!
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Panzerjedi wrote:

Just take a look at earth. We have had dozens of movies where ET's have landed and what's the common theme in them all?
The govt wants to capture those aliens to dissect them to learn all they can. Aliens have no rights!

Obviously the surest rout to survival in such a situation is to gain the trust and friendship of a group of plucky local children... and to be cute.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, good luck, Devaronians. Enjoy your dissection.

Hard core OT, all the way!
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe..
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Panzerjedi wrote:

Obviously the surest rout to survival in such a situation is to gain the trust and friendship of a group of plucky local children... and to be cute.

True dat. Or like Starman, get a good looking gal to help you out!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
I had the idea for making some ideas out of old, black and white 60s Doctor Who to supplement my Bounty Hunter universe once the No Disintegrations stories ran out. I only ever got around to adapting 'The Abominable Snowmen' (Clearly Talz-Replica Droids (similar to Human Replica Droids) standing in for the Yeti), where the guy who put a bounty in the PCs in Seregar Turnabout was holed up.

This reminds me of the t-shirt caption the guy at my comic shop just told me about. He started off by saying that he felt it would drive any OCD nerd crazy. Apparently it showed a picture of R2 with the words "Exterminate!" below him. Smile

He told me that story in response to the t-shirt caption I had showed him (that I had just seen at a Trek convention earlier in the day). It read:

My patronus is a tribble with a sonic screwdriver piloting an X-wing into Mordor!

cynanbloodbane wrote:

LOL! So true! Laughing
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't made a Robinson-style campaign, but I did make a scenario that read like a scavenger hunt. It was called The Rogue Planetoid, and is still around on the web in a few places.

In general, I wouldn't do a Robinson-style campaign, as I feel that is against the tropes of Star Wars as genre. I might do a few sessions - let's say one to three - in that style, as a change of pace. It is, however, not one of the grander tropes that Star Wars usually plays with, in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: