The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

G+ Community Files Rework
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> G+ Community Files Rework
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtanzer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:33 am    Post subject: G+ Community Files Rework Reply with quote

I was looking at the Community Files on Google Drive and noticed that they weren't particular well organized. I would like to reorganize, delete/merge duplicate files/folders so that it's easier to find things.

In addition, I also want to rework the statblocks as ALOT of them are very OP when placed against official statblocks. I also want to use the 1E-to-2E Conversion Guide to add in the 1E movement die codes for those of us who prefer 1E. These would be marked as (1E: Die Code).

I don't anticipate any issues decay-wise as I intend to rework each statblock as if it's just starting to begin production. That way an ARC-170 would still deal 5D damage with it's heavy lasers, instead of the 4D it would be dealing in the Rebellion Era.

My proposed system (for transparency's sake) is as follows:

Weapons:
    Energy and Kinetic
    Light = 2D
    Medium/Standard = 3D
    Heavy = 4D

Explosives
    Concussion = 6D
    Proton = 9D

Fire-Linking:
    First Weapon grants +1D Damage/Fire Control, each subsequent weapon grants +1

Movement:
    Move: 'Number' (1E: Die Code)
    ex. Move: 7 (1E: 3D+2)

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Community Files are a leftover of the now-defunct Google+ SWD6 group, so it’s not really affiliated with us. And yes, it’s a disorganized mess, but the guy who actually owns it is AFK right now, and has been for some time.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, re adding in the 1E Speed Codes, I’ve already done quite a bit of that. Check the link in my signature and check the stat Indexes. I’ve also found a way to incorporate 1E Speed Codes into gunnery Difficulty and dogfighting.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: G+ Community Files Rework Reply with quote

Yes, the G+ file dump link was shared here because the G+ group where it was originally compiled no longer exists, but its Google Drive still does.

jtanzer, if you want to create a second version by copying the files into a different Google Drive, then reorganize it as you see fit, knock yourself out. We can share your version here too. I haven't looked in it in a long time, but be mindful that there may be some overlap between what is in there and what is shared outright on the Library page.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
jtanzer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, I'll get right on it. As for adding the speed code to the dogfighting and gunnery, I assumed that was how the system was meant to function, especially since the defender adds Piloting and Maneuverabilty to his defense rolls. I guess we just had the same idea. Laughing
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it’s a bit more complicated than that. For dogfighting, an opposed Piloting+Maneuverability roll establishes positioning (as in, who can shoot at who), while a Piloting+Speed Code roll (using the same Piloting result from above) establishes Range, and thus Gunnery Difficulty.

For other kinds of combat, ships get a Velocity Modifier (basically 1/2 their Speed Code) which is added to the Gunnery Difficulty to hit them (the premise being that a moving target is harder to hit than a stationary one, and the faster it’s moving, the harder it gets). There are also three “Speed Scales”: Walking, Surface and Flight, with each applying a different modifier based on what sort of weapon is shooting at them. This also affects Fire Control, as not all Fire Control systems will be optimized to hit all types of targets.

This is also part of a larger rule concept where I’ll be eliminating the Dodge skill (and the similar rules for vehicle/ship combat) in place of an Advanced Skill that characters can stack with their opponent’s Gunnery Difficulty.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole.

jtanzer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. Speaking of which, in the capital ship statblocks, it mentions Atmosphere speeds and the weapons have an Atmospheric range, however I don't know if that means "In Atmosphere" or "Near Atmosphere". The Conversion Guide isn't terrible helpful either. IMO, the range is the latter rather than the former, however I'd like a second opinion on that.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s “In Atmosphere”. Most Capital Ship weapons also have an Orbital Range, which is used when firing from planetary orbit at targets in atmosphere or on the surface. It’s far from perfect, but it’s the system we’ve got.

jtanzer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:20 pm    Post subject: G+ Community Files Rework Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. Since I'm going to have to redo literally every stat block Crying or Very sad I'm going to build a new filing system and a document so users can build their own ships while I work on porting the older statblocks over.

Arrow New Community Files
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied to your PM about this on June 1st. FYI.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
jtanzer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, first new file is up. It's a craft template sheet that you can download and use to post your custom craft. It'll remain in New Files (the red folder) for a week and then I'll move it to the GM Toolkit.
jtanzer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New batch of files are up. These ones are stuff that I created during my copious spare time at work. Feel free to give feedback on them, every comment helps.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtanzer wrote:
New batch of files are up. These ones are stuff that I created during my copious spare time at work. Feel free to give feedback on them, every comment helps.

Glad to see these files getting their love. I had always planned on cleaning everything and releasing, "The G+ Community Star Wars D6 Sourcebook." But other projects. real life and no place to move the community afterwards took away a lot of my energy for the project.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
jtanzer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to moving the files over to their appropriate folders. There might be an extended absence as I'm going back to college and that always sucks time away from more fun activities, so apologies in advance. I'll try to keep up as frequently as I can, however.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, and good luck in school!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: