The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Computer Databases
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Computer Databases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venerath
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Computer Databases Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vuIR7BdrL2Er38iurrGWuFzlJKEZopX3PLDZlMwniCE/edit?usp=sharing

I have been working on different suites that can be installed in light freighters and was working on medical suites last night. Several of the source books refer to different things (sensors, diagnostic units, droids) interfacing with the medbay computer, but no stats for an actual med bay computer could be found.

(This is not something I would do on every ship out there, only the characters ship. As the GM, I would simply use "what makes sense" for computers in other places.)

When I tried to look into putting one together, it was all a bit fuzzy, with a mish mash of different ways of doing things. Droid databases add directly to the droids skill, something that felt very overpowered to me. The cost of memory for the portable computers was really high, I made memory for these units cheaper since they are stationary (or on a ship/speeder).

In the end settled on:
A cost for the processor (which also determined the skillware cap)
A cost for memory databanks
A cost for skillware
A cost for upgrades

The link contains some of this work in progress, specifically referencing medical databases. I plan on making a few for: cooking, bounty hunters, repairing stuff, etc.

These are not AI. They cannot do anything on their own, they only respond to inputs from the user.

Other equipment going into the medbays https://docs.google.com/document/d/18i0ZK7pfyOUgsApCqMCP9Xza5YWSiT2RR4fcAp8Uovg/edit?usp=sharing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: