The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Slyk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Slyk Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Slyk Reply with quote

Name: Slyk
Race: Sluissi
Sex: Male
Height: 1.6m

Dexterity 2D
Knowledge 3D
-Alien species: 4D
-Languages: 4D
-Scholar(Jedi): 4D
Mechanical 2D
Perception 3D
-Persuasion: 4D
-Search: 4D
Strength 2D
Technical 4D
-Lightsaber Repair: 5D
-First aid: 5D
-Medicine (A): 4D

Move: 8

Force points: 2
Dark side points: 0
Character points: 5
Force sensitive: yes
Sense: 1D
Magnify senses
Control: 1D
Concentration
Telekinesis

Slyk started life wanting to help people. He felt a connection to living things around him, he didn't care as much for the lifeless devices that his peers seemed to like. He decided to become a doctor. While in school he started to study other races so he could use his skills to heal on them also. While he was working as an intern at a hospital by the space dock he encountered an individual that had been wounded. That person gave him a cube, "keep it safe, don't let them find it". He brought it home with him. Much to his surprise it started talking to him teaching him about Jedi and the force. It had started to teach him about lightsaber construction so he could build one, and start learning how to use one. When the cube told him to flee, "leave everything behind, flee from here, I will distract them". Slyk is now looking for a ship to get away from the station.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I see:

1. 16D in attributes.
2. 3D in Force skills.
2. 7D in skills
3. Medicine (A) at default
3. Move 8

At character creation Force skill die must come from the attribute dice pool. This is species attribute dice +6D. If your using the Sluissi as RAW then your totals at correct as Sluissi start with (I have no idea why) with 13D instead of the typical 12D.

7D is skills is also correct. Per RAW you place 1-2D in the skills you want to start off being good at. I see you want to use Medicine (A) as a default skill. Per RAW you cannot use an Advanced skill a default:

R&E p.29 "Advanced skills demand years of disciplined study to master and cannot be attempted unless a character has the skill."

Per RAW Sluissi do have a move 8.

Finally you have a single Force power in each of the Force Skills. This is something you need to run past your GM. This is the tricky part of creating your own template. I know the Alien Student of the Force starts with a single D in all Force skills and three Force power picks. So that is backed by a Raw template.

Are you using the Sluissi per RAW or the updated version I posted? If using the updated version the Move is 10. Also the attribute Min/Max are different.

Also, I thought this was going to be a sort of a diplomat/technician?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was making a RAW char, the Verpine thought is a diplomat.

It is raw that starting chars have 1 power with there starting force skill die of pg 30 &141 SW 2ed rev., see weird templates in tales of the Jedi.

You can start with advanced skills pg 29 RAW.

The 4D in medicine is the 4 bonus dice.

Last edited by Savar on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
Was making a RAW char, the Verpine thought is a diplomat.

Well poo. I did not realize the diplomat who wants to help everyone was a verpine.

Quote:
It is raw that starting chars have 1 power with there starting force skill die of pg 30 &141 SW 2ed rev., see weird templates in tales of the Jedi.

I did not say you did it incorrectly, but should run it past your GM. If his story, era or story direction doesn't include having a character at the start with Force powers then you don't get Force powers no matter what the rules say. Your GM may have a limited number of Force powers he is going to allow at the start. Again, all I was saying, is before finalizing your character, you need to run stuff like Force skills, Force powers, etc past them for finalization.

Quote:

I did not say you could not have an advanced skill, only that you cannot use an Advanced skill at default. You must meet the prerequisite and you must place at least 1D into the skill.

R&E p.29 "When a character purchases an advanced skill, it begins at 1D, Advanced skills do not begin at the same level as their corresponding attribute."

So you can list Medical (A) on your sheet, but 1) you cannot use it at default and 2) if you purchased it at the start you could have no more than 2D in it. Not the 4D attribute you list.

Edit: Okay I see what you did, you placed all your bonus Technical dice for being Sluissi into Medical (A). Okay now everything makes sense and you did in fact do it all correctly per RAW.

So you want to play a doctor eh? Always a solid choice. Hope no one needs emergency care, as Sluissi take twice as long to perform Technical skill rolls. "Sorry Mister Smith, I appreciate your wife is dying, but we do have protocol that must be followed and this procedure must be done correctly. Oh ... uh ... the patient bled out? Well this is truly embarrassing. Luckily my Sluissi medical insurance won't go up."

Hey, I notice you picked two of the most uber species in SWd6 to make your characters. Now, I am not looking to start a fight, but I really want to know. Did you pick these species because you could easily Min/Max them?

Edit: After looking at your character its actually a decent concept and not really all that uber. I just really, really despise Sluissi and Verpine. With the exception of the character you posted, every time I see either one of these species used, its a Min/Max uber character that I immediately dropkick out the nearest airlock. Good job on the character.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not going to play the char, when i am just making random chars i try to make them RAW. If someone decided to do a play by post again i would then work a char per the GMs house rules.

Thank you on the complement Smile

I didn't pick them to min max. I like the Verpine for the internal radio, and the technical buff, some of the other stats are weird.

For the Sluissi, I liked the 13D for the attributes for a Jedi, i don't care for the technical side of them with the time penalty.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome. I just try to help out. Appreciate you taking the constructive criticism as it was intended. I have known people to get exceedingly defensive and downright angry.

So again, did you pick the species solely on the idea of easy Min/Maxing?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Your welcome. I just try to help out. Appreciate you taking the constructive criticism as it was intended. I have known people to get exceedingly defensive and downright angry.

So again, did you pick the species solely on the idea of easy Min/Maxing?

No, the tech attribute and bonus dice made the doctor easier, but it was the extra att dice, what I guess would be under min/max.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only met 2 GMs who had no issue letting Sluissi in cause of that 4 bonus die they get to place in tech.. Combined with the 13d of attribute, most GMs feel they are a little over the top.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I've only met 2 GMs who had no issue letting Sluissi in cause of that 4 bonus die they get to place in tech.. Combined with the 13d of attribute, most GMs feel they are a little over the top.

Yup, which is why I "fixed" them.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:

That's correct. However, because Advanced Skills are not based on any Attribute, they start at 1D, and improve at double cost. There is no way a starting character (under the RAW) could have 5D First Aid and 4D (A) Medicine, as the starting 7D in skill dice just doesn't add up.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
There is no way a starting character (under the RAW) could have 5D First Aid and 4D (A) Medicine, as the starting 7D in skill dice just doesn't add up.

Yeah I thought the same thing until I saw that Sluissi get 4D to put into Technical skills with a max 4D. So he pumped all his Sluissi species bonus dice into Medical (A). Now you can understand my nearly visceral dislike of Sluissi.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Yeah I thought the same thing until I saw that Sluissi get 4D to put into Technical skills with a max 4D. So he pumped all his Sluissi species bonus dice into Medical (A). Now you can understand my nearly visceral dislike of Sluissi.

Indeed. Perhaps charging the PC double cost to put starting skills in an Advanced skill? For every 1D put in an Advanced skill, it costs 2D starting skill dice?

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Indeed. Perhaps charging the PC double cost to put starting skills in an Advanced skill? For every 1D put in an Advanced skill, it costs 2D starting skill dice?

Nah, the starting out at 1D is harsh enough. I would just leave well enough alone and just shoot all Sluissi and Verpine on site. SWU would be a much brighter place without them.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

Nah, the starting out at 1D is harsh enough. I would just leave well enough alone and just shoot all Sluissi and Verpine on site. SWU would be a much brighter place without them.

Rofl
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
I would just leave well enough alone and just shoot all Sluissi and Verpine on site. SWU would be a much brighter place without them.

Ah, a murderhobo with standards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: