The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

cyborg template
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> cyborg template
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: cyborg template Reply with quote

With the high cost of the Borg Construct and operation. What kind of balancing would you do for making a starting char with one?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could either tie them into service to someone or some organization that has paid for said enhancements. They could have been given due to a series of cataclysmic-level injuries incurred to the character, and perhaps there are side effects...such as a tendency to not relate well to emotional issues. Keep in mind, there WILL be, at least in some areas, a HUGE display of prejudice against someone so visibly cyborged. Many sentients take issue with someone being willing to 'so casually' augmented, and most of the time won't take the time to see if there was an injury that presaged the augmentation.

I had a character who had been quite extensively injured, and as a result was very heavily cyborged, including one of the cyborg constructs like Lobot wears. In order to combat that prejudice, my character had a special blast helmet constructed that fit perfectly with the construct, and basically camouflaged it.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: re: Outlaw Cyborg Engineer Reply with quote

Back in 1988, in my very first WEG SW 1e campaign, one of my players had a cyborg character. Undoubtedly inspired by Robocop, Wendell Grossman was a medical droid engineer whose family had been murdered as part of a mysterious Imperial plot that left him for dead, but his mangled body had survived long enough for two of his highly skilled droids (a medical droid specializing in cybernetics and a droid-technician droid), and an Alien Student of the Force (another PC) to salvage only Wendell's brain and implant it in a 5th degree droid named V-X-7. I named the template "Outlaw Cyborg Engineer" (Dex 3D/Kno 3D/Mec 3D/Per 2D/Str 3D/Tec 4D), and he was basically just a human brain in a droid body. This was before Cracken's Rebel Field Guide and cyber points, so the cyborg element was mostly roleplayed and story-factored. Instead of the stigma of being a cyborg, he primarily had to deal with everyone assuming he was merely a lowly 5th degree droid, but it was sometimes an advantage. The Empire did believe his former human identity was dead, but so did the character - He felt that he was a new being created from the parts of two others and called himself "Vendetta X-7". He was actually a lot more like a Shard/droid symbiont than a cyborged biological being (he was less biological than Vader and even Grievous). When his body was damaged, I usually required both a droid repair and medicine roll (to maintain the body's interface with his human brain). I remember we eventually did add a scanner-resistant leg compartment to hide a blaster in, and some other upgrades.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make them vulnerable to both regular damaging weapons as well as ion/droid disablers.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Make them vulnerable to both regular damaging weapons as well as ion/droid disablers.

Definitely.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Definitely.

That is a must.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: