The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Corporate Sector Smackdown! (Long)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Corporate Sector Smackdown! (Long)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Corporate Sector Smackdown! (Long) Reply with quote

Well, had one heck of a game the other night. The crew of the B.O.B. ("Big Ootan Battleship", a heavily modified Medium Freighter. HEAVILY modified.), formerly the Far Orbit Spec-Ops team. Now, just bored Space Vagabonds with a lot of skills, and even more weapons.

Oota, the Rodian Commander and Captain of our motley crew and their almost innumerable droids. Lac Nars, the infamous Outlaw turned Rebel Hero. And Crunch, the Muscle that's survived almost everything (My character).

When last we left them, they had just finished being ambushsed while searching for a New Republic Senator's Daughter (Who had been kidnapped to draw us out.). During the scuffle, they used a Finbat Anti-Walker Missile on the Armoured Limo, giving it a new sunroof. We also lost a door in the ensuing escape.

After a quick run-away back to Sluis Van Shipyards (Our base of operation), and getting the limo into the shop, we discover the reasoning behind the attack. There's a bounty on our heads. Oota is worth 100,000 Credits, Lac Nars is worth 45,000 Credits, and Crunch is worth 35,000 Credits. Dead or alive. *NO* disintigrations.

Needless to say, Crunch is very insulted by this. "Oota worth at least Quarter Million. At very least.". On the bright side, he also has a solution.

We make a counter-bounty. Anyone that collects our bounty is worth twice the bounty for Lac Nars and Crunch, and 150,000 Credits for the person that collects on Oota, with a stipend that they must also rescue us to collect.

After dealing with some Yo-Yo Bounty Hunters (In their fresh from the shop Corellian HuntSuits!), the word gets around, and suddenly we have Bounty Hunters around us, just waiting for some idiot to try and collect on us. 310,000 Credits is a lot of money, after all.

With a little more digging around, we find the source of the Bounty, Sleegor the Hutt. An infamous "Middle Man" for legitimate folks that want illegitimate things done. Luckily, for 50,000 Credits, he'd give up the person/persons/government/company/whatever that put the price on our heads in the first place.

We pay, and he gives up the info: Nova-Tech. Nova-Tech's CEO to be exact.

I nearly fell off my seat about this. A few games back, Oota tried out his Nova-Tech Power Armour suit (Pretty much the only thing the company makes) for the first time, where he takes one shot. From a Single-Shot Percussion Cap & Ball Pistol. Which PENETRATES the neck and almost kills him. If not for the Jedi that we had with us at the time, he would have required a cybernetic voice box!

We went to their offices demanding recompensation, and found that all the senior people were on vacation, and got a *VERY* low-level exec, who was also a fan. He believed us at our word (The evidence was at the bottom of a lake), and paid monies, shares (5% of the company), and got Oota to sign a non-disclosure agreement (As we were attached to the Far Orbit, our word carries a *LOT* of weight in the Pirate/Bounty Hunter/Privateer/Mercenary marketplace. Their target audience, in other words.).

Seems the big guys didn't like that.

So, we start planning on how to get into the place again ('Cause we're not likely to get another appointment there again easily), as it's a "Office Moon" in the Corporate Sector Authority. Wasn't difficult. We booked an appointment with BlasTech with an idea on seeing the latest developments that they have, as well as talk about invensting in the company. Getting an invite to the CSA and on the moon, we set off after a few more days on Sluis Van just bumming around.

So, after a trip through the CSA space (Without being shot at for once!), and got to the moon without issue, and arrived at BlasTech fifteen minutes before the designated time, repleate in our shiney power armour and best looking BlasTech weapons (Which is about as "Gussied Up" as we get.).

After an hour's talk with an exec, we were informed of the new advances that BlasTech is currently undergoing (Namely some minor customizationing for special orders. No major new designs or developments, as Peace had broken out in the Galaxy, and it's bad for business.).

Exec: "Now, if you want to really invest a good amount, and have even a minor amount of pull for shareholders voting, you'd need to invest...

Oh... At least 300,000 Credits."
Crunch: "Oh, that all?"
Exec: "Huh?"
Crunch: "Crunch was thinking of investing about 600."
Exec: "Six... Hundred... Thousand?"
Crunch: "Yes."
Exec: "Just a moment... Umm... In our current situation, that would be... 1% of the company shares."
Crunch: "Good. I buy that then."
Oota: "Yes, that sounds good, I'll go in for 600,000 Credits as well. Lac?"
Lac Nars: "Well, if I do, I'd have to turn in my Millionaires Pin."
Oota: "No, you'd still own the money, it'd just be invested."
Lac Nars: "Good point, sure, I'm in for 600,000."

Now, at this point, the GM points out, out of game, that the Exec gets a 5% commission on all sales like this. He just made 90,000 for an hours
work. We make people happy this way. Very Happy

Then... Then we stumble upon a plan. Oota notices that his 50,000 Credits worth of stock is worth 5% of the company. "If I pay 500,000

Credits, I'd own 55% of it. Let's go buy the company."

So, after a quick trip to the Nova-Tech Lobby, where we hit some terminals where we find out that 65% of the company stock is available on the market. Oota buys 450,000 Credits worth of stock (Giving him 50% of the company), and Crunch plops down another 60K for 6%. We now own controlling interest in the company.

After showing the front secretary the payment slips, and she welcomes the new bosses, we inform her that she's to tell Security (And *ONLY* security) that we're now in charge, and cleaning house. March right up to the CEOs office, and simply state that we're now in charge.

"And who the hell are you to be ordering me to do things? I FOUNDED THIS COMPANY!" "Yes, and you only own 35%. I, Oota, own 50%."

"And Crunch own 6%. And I vote with him." "Oh... Oh... Well... Damn..."

And, as he's walking out, "And get this... You sold 18% of your shares to pay for our bounties, didn't you?" "Yes..." "If you hadn't done that, you would have kept your 53% of the shares, and we wouldn't have been able to do what we did."

That one comment did more damage to a person than any amount of blaster fire that we've ever used. The wind just came out from him as he realized that not only did he screw himself, but the enemies he decided that he had just beat him at his own game. Easily.

A game they had no right in being able to even know the rules for.

We're now in negotiations with BlasTech for selling Nova-Tech to them, to give them a market for Power Armour. Looks like I'll have to do some writing to show the new lines available later on. (I figure they'd be available 15 Years after A New Hope.).
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing w00t!!

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: