The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dual Wielding Weapons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Dual Wielding Weapons Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
There's a difference between "suppressing fire" and "spray & pray."

Vary true, but both make you duck. At least tel you find out if it is aimed.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:

Yes, but knowing the difference is where a higher perception would come in handy.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:
Naaman wrote:

Yes, but knowing the difference is where a higher perception would come in handy.

I make a con test to convince the enemy that i am doing suppressive fire, while using two blasters.

Btw do blasters have recoil? If not duel fire might be more likely then with projectile weapons.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gas is being expelled at high velocity, so in theory there would be some recoil, maybe on par with a compressed air pellet gun.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
cynanbloodbane wrote:
Naaman wrote:

I make a con test to convince the enemy that i am doing suppressive fire, while using two blasters.

Btw do blasters have recoil? If not duel fire might be more likely then with projectile weapons.

BTB no, but i feel that they should. Practically every instance in the films of someone shooting, showed some sort of kick.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

BTB no, but i feel that they should. Practically every instance in the films of someone shooting, showed some sort of kick.

Yeah, not as much kick as you would get from firing a bullet, but at least a little bit of kick.

Heh... probably about as much as you would expect from firing a blank. Smile
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
jmanski wrote:
If it really fits the character, I'd say give 'em +1d to hit or to damage.

I typically increase the difficulty one rank and add +1D to whichever weapon does the most damage and call it a day. They cannot shoot at different targets in the same action, though the can shoot multiple targets using multiple actions.

That makes the most sense to me. I'd only add that perhaps dual wielding is only effective at short range or closer, and as stated above, it incurs an extra difficulty rank, if attempted at medium range it incurs two extra diff ranks. Long range should probably be an automatic miss (unless maybe at GM discretion the player rolls a 6 on the wild die along with achieving an uber heroic diff score?).
jmanski

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not much kick in a 9mm, even a .45 isn't that bad.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
There's not much kick in a 9mm, even a .45 isn't that bad.

It depends on the type and grain of ammunition being used.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:

I'll never forget the time that someone handed me a 357, and omitted the fact that he'd put two magnum bullets in a couple of the chambers. Why would you do that to an inexperienced shooter? Sometimes I wonder if he was hoping to walk away with the story of when his buddy hit himself in the face with the pistol.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
cynanbloodbane wrote:

I'll never forget the time that someone handed me a 357, and omitted the fact that he'd put two magnum bullets in a couple of the chambers. Why would you do that to an inexperienced shooter? Sometimes I wonder if he was hoping to walk away with the story of when his buddy hit himself in the face with the pistol.

Oooo, Bad Friend!
jmanski

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
cynanbloodbane wrote:

That's inexcusable and unsafe. Why people do that I'll never know.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figureed I would give you guys some quick notes on how our group ruled Dual Wielding.

Fist you need to know our combat House Rule for combat rounds however.

We dont go by sides - we go by initiative on an individuals basis and we dont do reverse actions - the tables doesnt get to know anyones actions - highest simply goes first and states how many actions and their first and then it oves to second highest they state how many and their first. We allow interrupts by holding actions. which many of my players do if they are unaware of how the combat will unfold rather than shooting first.

Okay so you got that - our dual wield is simple.

In one pass of actions - you can take two (or more depending on your number of appendages) actions - you still get the same map etc etc. but you can strike two or more times are two or more targets in a single go.

we also allow the strikes to be the same target and function as fire linked.

in terms of melee defense - the "fire linked" also adds to the defensive roll for melee parry if both weapons are used to defend - but it counts as two actions as well. they may seem like a poor choice but trust me when I say that - that measly 1d addition has saved a couple of my pcs lives before.

there ya go - simple.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a pretty functional system to me. It seems cinematic, elegant, and not laden with burdensome mechanics while still providing a functional benefit.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issues with it for over a year now other than complaints of wanting their attacks to be separate damages and defensive to have double the dice.

After I said "Choose a different target for the second shot then." and the PC's live was saved twice by his "just one extra dice??!" I stopped hearing it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: