The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Rebels Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars Rebels Sourcebook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:06 am    Post subject: Rebels sourcebook Reply with quote

So this is still in hibernation. Would have thought it would have been thawed out for brief works before going back into the deep freeze again.

And for the record, according to the Wook, Yushyn's species is called Moyn.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how Ahsoka's coming out soon, and the appearance of several Rebels characters in the show, maybe it's time to give some serious thought in bringing this project out of mothballs and finishing it.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Considering how Ahsoka's coming out soon, and the appearance of several Rebels characters in the show, maybe it's time to give some serious thought in bringing this project out of mothballs and finishing it.

With the release of Ahsoka, I repeat this question.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the work in progress files stored?

Or are there any?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they have a sourcebook out covering the first two seasons. Then they stopped, saying they were going to wait until the series came to an end before making a new sourcebook covering all four seasons. Haven't heard anything since.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I know they have a sourcebook out covering the first two seasons. Then they stopped, saying they were going to wait until the series came to an end before making a new sourcebook covering all four seasons. Haven't heard anything since.

That's not completely true. Rebels ended in 2018. In 2020, you heard and replied to this:

Forceally wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
I have not worked on the source book in quite a number of months. Honestly, I was creatively tapped, burnt out. I am not getting back to a few small projects and finishing them.

Okay. At least I know it's not totally dead like the ROTS sourcebook.

What I recall seeing in general from womp are requests for assistance with editing and layout, which I imagine would be the hardest chore involved with making these sourcebooks.

But you have a lot of experience with that, more than most of us. Since you are now basically spamming this thread just wanting someone else to create something, perhaps you can contact womp directly and offer whatever assistance he needs to complete it. In my experience, if you really something done for this game, by and large you just have to do it yourself.

Personally, I'd really love to have cool GGs for TPM and RotS. We have a basis for both, the TPM sourcebook and the incomplete RotS project. For some odd reasons, the only PT film we got a completed fan GG for was AotC, the middle film and my least favorite of the PT (and all six Lucas films). Now the AotC GG is absolutely fantastic. I'd love TPM and RotS, but I'm not making the GGs so they don't exist.

Every single attempt I've ever made to crowdsource any projects here has been met with failure. Even simple ones, like taking all the stats from the 1e-only works in the WEG SW game line and converting them to 2e, so we can have a single companion document for that upgrades all 1e-only works to 2e. This document wouldn't even have fluff because the fluff is already in the modules. This 1e companion document would only be a compilation of 2e stats. The community did this for all Saga Edition books, but me proposing we do it for our for all WEG 1e-only books combined (a much less labor intensive project that would use a lot of already existing stats) got crickets. Since I have to do it all myself, I'll get to it eventually.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind doing the editing, and I can suggest skills and powers, but assigning dice values and cutting, pasting, and positioning of pictures in documents, I have no experience with it. And at the moment, DRL has a hold on me. Fortunately, it's not a Force choke, but I need it to loosen up a little before I can be a regular contributor.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Forceally wrote:

Yes, after Ahsoka, I will return to SWRe3-4. Going to be slow going as I am one-hand typing, probably forever, table saw accident May 2.

Honestly the biggest issue is finding people to do layout. Its not really in my skill set and now with the hand, everything takes 5-10 times longer.

cheshire wrote:

Or are there any?

The SWRe3-4 files are mostly done and stored on my drives.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Going to be slow going as I am one-hand typing, probably forever, table saw accident May 2.

Honestly the biggest issue is finding people to do layout. Its not really in my skill set and now with the hand, everything takes 5-10 times longer.

OMG, I am so sorry to hear about the accident. I pray for the best possible recovery and adaptation.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Yes, after Ahsoka, I will return to SWRe3-4. Going to be slow going as I am one-hand typing, probably forever, table saw accident May 2.

REALLY sorry to hear about the accident - as both a fellow human, fellow woodworker and gamer...

I have some middle of the road layout skills (decent for normal person - no where near as good as an actual layout or graphical designer) - but I am in the middle of my house rules book - got about half done - 70% of rules complete, 200 pages written, 107 edited and layout complete. it is staggeringly slow....

Once I am done with my project (six months - another year? ) - I should have some additional gaming bandwidth to assist in other projects here on the pit - or I am hoping so....
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Forceally wrote:
Forceally wrote:

cheshire wrote:

Or are there any?

Ouch. Sorry about your injury. Hope you recover soon.

So more or less, most of the hard work is done. It's just cosmetics now, and that's where you need help. Sorry about that too. I can help with edits, suggesting which skills and powers a character might have. Pasting pictures, maybe. But positioning them right and getting the text to wrap around them? Don't look at me. I have two left hands on that issue,
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I am so sorry.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your accident. Sadly cybernetics are still in a galaxy far far away.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Sorry to hear about your accident. Sadly cybernetics are still in a galaxy far far away.

Not just them, but Jedi healers like Cilghal.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:

As a fellow creative I am so very sorry to hear of this accident. I do not feel any words I could imagine could convey any amount of comfort - all I know is this is one of a few nightmare scenarios for me personally (others being vision or hearing loss...and my vision has diminished substantially in recent years).

I wish there was something I could say or do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: