The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Damage/Wound & Healing modifications
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Damage/Wound & Healing modifications Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d prefer damage effects below Stun, actually. I do think there needs to be a window where weapons have such a laughably puny effect that the target really can brush them off without real notice.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I’d prefer damage effects below Stun, actually. I do think there needs to be a window where weapons have such a laughably puny effect that the target really can brush them off without real notice.

Thanks for sharing that here. That's great for in general, but I am talking specifically about blaster weapons, not in general. Maybe you don't have a problem with characters soaking blaster bolts but I'm not sure from your responses because my question was specifically about soaking blaster bolts and your responses are general. The specific problem I am bringing up is the No Effect result for normal blaster bolts (not set for stun).

And in that thread you shared, part of my issues were brought up by others. My alternate damage/wound system moved stunned up to above R>D like in the days of 1e where any successful hit was at least a stun. I posted that in my mod at first, and then after discussion I relented and went to the 1e Rules Companion compromise of no effect if the damage resistance roll is double the damage roll. The reason for my issue was the game system allowing characters to completely soak normal damage blaster bolts.

Now I want to move stunned back down to R<D to be more like 2e proper, but I still have the same issue—the break with SW verisimilitude that soaking blaster bolts gives me. So as a compromise now, I am suggesting the possibility of just having a special rule that blaster weapons set for normal damage do not have a 'no effect' result.

So your other lesser damage/wound effects are great for in general, but I was specifically asking about blasters set for normal damage being an exception, and 'no effect' is automatically ruled out?

Should blasters set for normal damage be an exception, or should characters be able to completely soak normal blaster bolts like in RAW? Thoughts?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to close this thread as I am creating a more comprehensive damage system which will include a character/creature wound system. In doing so, I will disregard the first mod in this thread (revised wound status accumulation rules) and go with something a lot closer to RAW. I have only ran a handful of adventures with this wound system and thankfully the PCs weren't injured more than single wounded, but multiple wounds can become a lot more deadly than RAW. The rest of my house rules in this thread will carry over to the new system, with a few tweaks. It will be a lot less confusing to put it all in a new thread. The comprehensive damage system will better align all the damage systems with respect to status accumulation.

In the meantime, please see the below poll for the 'soaking blaster hits' question, and the thread below that about the deficient object damage rules in RAW. Thank you.

POLL: Soaking Blast Bolts

Object damage effects and status accumulation?

EDIT: Star Wars D6 Damage
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: