The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bodyguard CEC Pistol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Bodyguard CEC Pistol
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Bodyguard CEC Pistol Reply with quote

Bodyguard CEC Pistol
Model: Bodyguard CEC Pstol
Type: Holdout Blaster
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: Holdout Blaster
Ammo: 2
Cost: 200 (Chemical Energy Cartdriges 40 each)
Availability: 3, F
Range: 3/8/15
Damage: 4D+1 Special Rule: Both barrels may be fired at once at a single target Damage becomes 5d+1.

Capsule: Designed around a magnum CEC the Bodyguard is meant as a discrete last last line of ranged defense. The lack of a conventional power pack and the sealed nature of the CECs grand a -1d penalty to standard weapon sensors to detect it.

http://www.defenzia.com/products_01.html

Showmecreds/02:4:7:44/Bes*: More expensive to keep fed than your run of the mill holdout but packs way more wallop.
Techwatcher/02:5:8:02/Nal*: Just 'cause this thing is a bit easier to get past scanners do't get the idea it's an assasian's weapon. With no focusing chamber in that snub barrel there's a huge amount of waste heat that make a racket like a wookie getting kicked in the chorblotz. Plus the muzzle flash is like a rescue place going off at arm's length
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

??? A hold out blaster doing MORE damage than most regular pistols, and if both barrels are shot can do more than a heavy pistol?? That is imo a little off there.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're fine. The damage and ammo make it a 1-2 shot weapon then tossed away. This is not a weapon you would be using often. Also, I don't think your ranges might be off. 3-4/8/12 is more appropriate. I would even consider not having a long range or including a Game Note: This weapon is notoriously hard to hit anything past 8 meters. Treat shots greater than 8 meters as one difficulty level higher.

Just some ideas.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the action to reload? Are you picturing a breech-loading derringer, or the like?
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think it looks like a disposable, directional grenade. From the description, particularly the "due to the sealed nature" part, it seems to be, basically, a double-barreled single-shot weapon, where the 'chemical energy cartridges' are, well, something like .410 shotgun shells or something.

Also, the ammo is 80 credits per reload, so assumed that it's loaded when bought (which isn't necessarily the case), it's about half the cost every time it is reloaded. The entire barrel assembly is replaced when reloaded, so it seems it's factory sealed - and that you might not be able to buy one reload, based on the graphics on the linked website.

Personally, I might actually like it more if it had a cone of attack that was very short.

Also, I don't really like the name 'Bodyguard', but that may just be the semantic meaning I tend to assign to that particular term.
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
??? A hold out blaster doing MORE damage than most regular pistols, and if both barrels are shot can do more than a heavy pistol?? That is imo a little off there.

A legit point. Anytime I put up a new bit of gear with stats above the average the first thing I ask myself is "Well why doesn't everyone use it then?" (and I so wish other ppl would do that more often)More on that below good sir.

MrNexx wrote:
What's the action to reload? Are you picturing a breech-loading derringer, or the like?

Quite so. To reload would require 3 actions. 1. open breech and extract spent cartridge(s). 2. insert new cartridge(s). 3. close breech. Also have you been treating your GM well? Because he would be within his rights to make you roll a Dex check if your trying to load 2 rounds at once. Be a shame to drop them with and angry gamorrean just about at arms' length wouldn't it?

Zarn wrote:
Personally, I think it looks like a disposable, directional grenade. From the description, particularly the "due to the sealed nature" part, it seems to be, basically, a double-barreled single-shot weapon, where the 'chemical energy cartridges' are, well, something like .410 shotgun shells or something.

Whoops forgot a recap link http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6244

Zarn wrote:
Also, I don't really like the name 'Bodyguard', but that may just be the semantic meaning I tend to assign to that particular term.
The boys over at marketing are a hit or miss bunch. Besides legal informed them that "Protector" was taken.

Zarn wrote:
Personally, I might actually like it more if it had a cone of attack that was very short.

I had considered that but decided that was going a bit far.

So in short we have a compact and concealable weapon that packs a big wallop. But on the downside is only good at close quarters with 1-2 shots. Lets everyone in the general vicinity know where you are when used. Rough on the wallet to keep fed. Finally it takes roughly forever (in CQB terms at least) to reload.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be more ok with it, if that 'extra Die' was cause of 'jury rigging' Sort of packs a big whallop but has a nasty kick to it if mistreated..
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasters convert gas to plasma to create their energy blasts. So part of me wants to argue that the smaller the blaster the smaller the gas cartridge can be loaded into it, and therefore it would have less "ammo" to make high damage plasma bolts.

On the other hand seeing how regular blasters like the BlasTech DL-22 can get 100 shots from it's gas cartridge raises enough doubt to me about how much gas is needed to make an energy bolt and how much damage the bolt can do.

This doubt leads me to the conclusion that the inner workings which convert and focus the gas to the plasma that makes a powerful energy bolt for a weapon this small are of extremely high quality.

In my mind that should make the gun very expensive as far as blasters go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: