The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Advance tickets for Episode VII may go on sale Oct. 19
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Advance tickets for Episode VII may go on sale Oct. 19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Advance tickets for Episode VII may go on sale Oct. 19 Reply with quote

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-force-awakens-ticket-preorder-sales/
Very Happy
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who bought tickets for opening weekend? I honestly am not looking forward to the movie (previews look dumb to me) but bought tickets for my friends and me for Saturday, 3D Imax strictly for tradition's sake.

If this movie sucks I wont plan on even seeing the future ones.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
If this movie sucks I wont plan on even seeing the future ones.

Bless you!

Naaman wrote:
So who bought tickets for opening weekend?

I've purchased my first three viewings and have the tickets in my possession: Thursday evening (with my wife), Friday morning (with a best friend since 1982), and Monday morning with my son. Those are all standard showings with the big cushy recliner seats, but unless I hate it I will go back for IMAX and 3D too, probably after the movie's been out a while.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a batch of 7 tickets for the Thursday 7:00 pm showing. 60% of our gaming group will be going together. Still not sure how many times I will go see it, but we are going as a family on Christmas Day as well.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:
Still not sure how many times I will go see it, but we are going as a family on Christmas Day as well.

You're an inspirational father! We definitely won't be going to the theater on Christmas day, but there will undoubtedly be some new Star Wars related toys and other gifts in our home that day.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be camping out for it (I did that for TPM), but I will be seeing it with my brother-in-law over Christmas.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
I won't be camping out for it (I did that for TPM)

Thankfully there's no need for that in my city anymore. We have many assigned-seating theaters. I bought 3 sets of 2 tickets each online, and when I did I chose specific seats that are now reserved for me in a theater only 5.6 miles from home with ample parking. The biggest line I'll have to wait in for Star Wars will be the concession stand.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did camp out, it was more for the experience and the spectacle than out of any desire to get good seats. That was a camping trip like no other.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
When I did camp out, it was more for the experience and the spectacle than out of any desire to get good seats. That was a camping trip like no other.

I know, right!?

I camped out for 18 hours in the Plaza in Kansas City to get my Episode I tickets. It was a great experience, and I treasure the time that I had geeking out with other fans.

There is also another story embeded in this experience that my wife entitles "And No One Ever Played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit With Me Ever Again as Long as I Lived."

This time around it's going to be different, though. First, my life is too hecktic to camp out overnight without intense planning. Second, I have kids, and though I do camp with them, the urban camping is more than a little different. That and I'd have nowhere to stow the tent if I was going to the Boston Commons as I usually do. Third, I've camped in the winter before, but it will have to be for something a little more substantial than a movie.

In the end, I bought tickets online, and I haven't told the kids yet. I was under the false impression than the tickets had already sold out opening weekend, and told them so. I just haven't corrected that misunderstanding yet. Maybe I'll correct it on our way to the subway on the morning we go.

Smile
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Episode 1 came out my wife and I worked for Pizza Hut. My regional manager knew I was a Star Wars fan so she gave me two tickets to a advanced preview of the movie and let me order a ton of decorating items for the store which I later got to keep. The advanced preview was a Pepsi co. event so when we left the movie there was a mountain of Pepsi and Lays products which they told us to take as much as we could carry. A weekend out of town in a hotel room and a ton of free pop and munchies at the end of the movie definately made for a great time.

And the fam and I will be seeing E7 on Sunday. I kinda like what I see from the previews so far and I'm keeping an open mind.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Episode I tickets by calling Max Headroom on the phone from work. True story.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I bought Episode I tickets by calling Max Headroom on the phone from work. True story.

I don't think I've been this frightened in a long time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: