The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Countermeasures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Countermeasures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
Krapou wrote:
Quote:
I would say there there are several types of missile programming...stasis, fuse, homing, motion-tracking, remote detonation, and so on. It would depend on the projectile, I think.
In a novel (I can't remenber wich one but I think it is in Zahn's trilogy) Luke asks R2D2 to program a torpedo so that it can behave differently...

Yeah, that was in Heir to the Empire after Luke left Nkllon to go to Jomark. He was interdicted in what appeared to be a random freighter stopping, but it was all Thrawn's idea. That was when he had Rukh kill the tractor beam operator for failing.

Uh, if I remember right he assigned that tractor beam operator the task of developing a counter to the tactic Skywalker used to escape. This was a powerful moment when the Imperials saw Thrawn leads with leadership, not by fear as Vader did.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MA-3PO wrote:
Uh, if I remember right he assigned that tractor beam operator the task of developing a counter to the tactic Skywalker used to escape. This was a powerful moment when the Imperials saw Thrawn leads with leadership, not by fear as Vader did.

That was the second time it happened, and the incident you're referring to I believe was in The Last Command.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second incident concerned Luke hiding his X-wing in a freighter that was little more than a shell for the X-wing which would explode outwards so as to be less likely to damage the X-wing, making it difficult to lock onto the escapeing X-wing with a tractor beam due to the debris field between the tractor beam projector and the X-wing. I forget what exactly the tractor beam projector's operator did, whether it was expanding the field to get a lock on the X-wing or narrowing it to get a lock, but that was the incident that caused Thrawn to tell the operator to work on the idea so as to make useing shroud ships like Luke had done pretty much usless. It was within the first few chapters of TLC.

Been ages since I last read the book, yet I still remember that incident pretty well.

Wanted Poster
blackjack
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in thepirates&privateers thers ship stealth gearlike page 38-40

sensor baffling that add's 1d for light treatment and 2d for heavy,for the sensor operators diffculty to detect the ship.

sensor mask /when activated , the sensor mask adds 2d to enemy sensor operatorer difficaulty to detect and id

trickster decoys adds 2d to sensor difficulty
mimic decoy adds 2d to sensor difficulty
comm jammers
sensor jammers vs. ther sensor operator
baffeled drive

if they can't get you on sensors they can't shoot you they might try a search but they still should not hit you

and the proton torpedoes and/or concussion missiles have short range
so you can run drop your garbage out the back (hehe) it should blow up when it hits . oh and if they track you can try above .i think that thats it for now.
the garbage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
MA-3PO wrote:
According to the rules, torps and missiles hit in the same round they were fired just like lasers right? Would doing something like lauching countermeasures or spare parts be a reflex action?

I think I personally would have to throw out that rule in favor of different speeds on different warheads. It makes no sense that a rocket is as fast as a laser bolt.

Well, remember missiles and torps are limited to a range of usage of 7 SR. While the laser cannons and such are longer (25 usually). So i see no problem with them hitting in that round.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: