The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Incom A-24 Sleuth (updated)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Incom A-24 Sleuth (updated)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Incom A-24 Sleuth (updated) Reply with quote

I like the Sleuth; it's a good looking ship. Unfortunately, WEG kind of shafted it by giving it the exact same sensors as a standard Y-Wing, a craft noted for its underpowered sensors. Considering a scout ship depends on its sensors, I thought I'd give the Sleuth the CRMcNeill treatment.

Incom A-24 Sleuth

The A-24 was designed and released during the heyday of Incom. The A-24 is a scout ship, capable of carrying only two persons: a single pilot and passenger; an astromech droid may serve as co-pilot. While older than more popular scout ships, the A-24 has excellent maneuverability and sublight speed for a vehicle of this class. (Text copied from Wanted by Cracken, pg. 81).

Craft: Incom A-24 Sleuth
Type: Scout Ship
Scale: Starship (+6D)
Length: 14 meters
Skill: Space Transports: A-24
Crew: 1 & 1 Astromech (optional)
Crew Skill: Varies Widely
Passengers: 1 (generally a back-up pilot for long missions)
Cargo Capacity: 1 metric ton
Consumables: 2 months
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x10
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 8 (4D)
Atmosphere: 365; 1,050 km/h
Hull: 3D+2
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive 40/1D
Scan 60/2D
Search 80/3D
Focus 4/4D
Weapons:
2 Laser Cannon (Fire-Linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Crew: 1 (pilot)
Skill: Starship Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D+1
Range:
--Space: 1-3/12/25
--Orbital: 2km-6km/24km/50km
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1.2km/2.5km
Damage: 5D
Variants: (Use Above Stats, except as noted)
    ALLIANCE ARMED SCOUT
    Description: The Alliance has modified Sleuths to serve as long range multi-role scouts. Modifications include the installation of stealth shielding, a defensive blaster cannon to defend against pursuing starfighters, and a multi-role warhead launcher. The launcher is commonly used to deploy sensor probes and buoys, decoys or space mines, rather than combat warheads.
    Crew: 1 & 1 Gunner, plus 1 Astromech (optional)
    Crew Skill:
    Astrogation 4D+1
    Gunnery 4D
    Piloting 5D+1
    Shields 3D
    Sensors 4D+2
    Passengers: None
    Cargo Capacity: 100 kilograms
    Consumables: 1 month
    Shields: 2D (Stealth)
    Sensors:
    -Tight-Beam Transmission: Requires a Very Difficult Communications skill roll to intercept comm signals, and then only if the characters are in the same fire arc as the transmission (-5 if they know the specific vector, -5 if they know the specific frequency). Additional rolls may be required to decode the transmission if it is scrambled.
    Weapons:
    2 Laser Cannon (See Above)
    Dual Blaster Cannon
    Fire Arc: Rear
    Crew: 1 (Gunner)
    Fire Control: 3D
    Range:
    --Space: 1-5/10/17
    --Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1km/1.7km
    Fire Control: 2D Auto-Fire
    Damage: 3D
    2 Warhead Launchers
    Fire Arc: 1 Front, 1 Rear
    Rate of Fire: 1
    All Other Stats vary by Weapon Type
    Capacity: 8 rounds in central magazine. May select any Weapons from this list, as well as Gravity Bombs or Space Mines from this list (Rear Launcher only), depending on Availability.

House Rule Notes:
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 2D @ 1D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 2D Flight

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:41 pm; edited 14 times in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. My only gripe is that the search range needs to be a little longer, not just 10 more SU than the scan..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I like it. My only gripe is that the search range needs to be a little longer, not just 10 more SU than the scan..

The Sleuth isn't that much bigger than the Y-Wing, so I just gave it the same sensor package they put on the Longprobe, and all they did for it was double the ranges for the Y-Wing's stock package. I'd be more inclined to roll the Scan range back to 60, which would still give the Search mode a good range advantage, and gives the Sleuth one of the best sensor packages of any scout ship.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could work. Perhaps you could also make a slightly longer (say 2meter) version, which has a little comfort for the 2 crew (or even knock the crew down to 1, so he has a bit more comfort) for those long flights..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
That could work. Perhaps you could also make a slightly longer (say 2meter) version, which has a little comfort for the 2 crew (or even knock the crew down to 1, so he has a bit more comfort) for those long flights..

The SWDA design has enough room to fit in a crew rest bunk, along with a galley and a fresher stall. If the crew goes on 12 on / 12 off (which is how I drove my first year on the road), with one flying while the other sleeps, they can hot bunk just fine in the available space. I figure whatever cargo space was left from stock was taken up by the added equipment.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence why i said elongate it by say 2m.. Give them a little more space to 'live;..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Hence why i said elongate it by say 2m.. Give them a little more space to 'live;..

The civilian version would have more room for some creature comforts, if the owner was willing to sacrifice cargo space. But IMO, the military version would be more concerned with mission requirements than creature comforts for the crew. And from what I hear, a bunk to sleep in, a galley to prep food and a toilet to do your business on count as luxuries in military service...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: