The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Imperial Rank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Imperial Rank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Imperial Rank Reply with quote

While compiling information for Star Wars Rebels Season Two Sourcebook I noticed that ISB Agent Kallus has gone up in rank, by episode 215 "The Honorable Ones" his officer plaque shows three blue and two yellows whereas it used to be two blue, one silver, and one red. Perhaps these are designations specific to the ISB? He does have the authority to command an Admiral in the right conditions and freely commandeer stormtroopers and issue commands to a Commandant.

I looked around and originally thought the ISB was attached to the Imperial Navy but is in fact is a separate organization directly under Imperial Intelligence.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Imperial Rank Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
I looked around and originally thought the ISB was attached to the Imperial Navy but is in fact is a separate organization directly under Imperial Intelligence.

What's your source for this? The ISB was originally introduced in the ImpSB, where it was an agency of COMPNOR, and was an equal and rival agency to Imperial Intelligence.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Imperial Rank Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
What's your source for this? The ISB was originally introduced in the ImpSB, where it was an agency of COMPNOR, and was an equal and rival agency to Imperial Intelligence.

My error I was thinking InterSec. I stand corrected it is an equal agency under COMPNOR. Now, can we get back to the real issue, what the friggin hell is his rank?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Rusharn
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has plot rank, he out ranks or is out rank based on what will make the plot go forward or end the story as needed. Very Happy
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we can use some real life to gain insight into how this might work in imperial bureaucracy.

In the US Army, you have military police who rank from private all the way to general. The lowest ranking private has authority over any person (civilian or mitary) who enters his juridiction. There are some politics at play, to be sure, but technically, this is true.

Now, the Army also has CID, which are 100% soldiers, and they are also classified as federal law enforcement agents in the exact same capacity as the FBI, DEA, US Marshals, etc.

Now, suppose a federal crime is committed on a military installation with the perpetrator being a civilian. CID will involve the FBI with the investigation, and will even defer to them where necessary.

We also have posse commitatus. A law which give law enforcement agents authority over military personnel when they are needed in order to solve a problem that law enforcement cannot. Posse commitatus also has provisions for military commanders to take command away from law enforcement, if the situation warrants it.

I'm not sure if I spelled posse commitatis right. Id have looked it up, but not worth the hassle on my phone.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer: I've no idea what his rank is.

Long Answer: Does it matter? I've always thought of the ISB as the "secret police" similar to the soviet NKVD or NAZI Gestapo during world war II. He is NKVD! His friends are NKVD! His superiors are NKVD! If the NKVD wants it, people "disappear" until they get it. So, what does his rank matter? If you're an Imperial officer you carefully consider ALL "suggestions" from the ISB. You disregard them only if you are on rock solid ground. And if you do disregard them you may have support from your superiors for being so brave (and loyal to the Imperial Navy) and maybe even gain the respect of the ISB...maybe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: