The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sith Alchemy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Sith Alchemy Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Sith Alchemy Reply with quote

Working on a Sith temple for an adventure. What books have Sith alchemy rules in them?

Idea is the Lord is gone, but the temple and area is populated by the creations and descendents of the acolytes.

Want to work on the creations.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tales of the Jedi page 77 and following.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is worth considering as a larger topic. Very few Force powers allow the ability to impart permanent change or attributes to either living beings or inanimate objects, yet the TotJ Handbook (as well as a sampling of other WEG books) has examples of artifacts that impart permanent Force effects, or of creatures that have been permanently altered from their natural state.

So, what powers would be used to do this, and what ethical limitations should be placed on them? I do think Jedi should have access to at least some of those powers, since the creation of a Jedi Holocron seems to incorporate some transference of the personality of the Jedi who made it, as well as some Force awareness (able to determine whether a potential user is Light or Dark, as well as the ability to gauge their knowledge level).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightsaber construction also uses the force, at least according to I,Jedi. The force can also be used to help shape the crystals used in the lightsaber if you are making your own crystals with a machine. I don't know how 'cannon' I, Jedi is anymore.

We would likely need to come up with new force powers. There are some homebrew force powers on D6holocron that could get us started. Mecha Manipulation comes to mind.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transfer Force certainly comes to mind as a prerequisite. I've also played with the idea of requiring that crystals of some kind be incorporated into the design of Force artifacts, as there is precedent in the EU for the Force functioning through crystals.

Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting discussion topic probably better for house rules 8)
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sith alchemy items are an excuse to plagiarize your D&D magic sourcebooks. The only thing thats almost universal with them is they have a penchant for dumping dark side points on you. Why? W̶̶̶e̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶k̶̶̶e̶̶̶e̶̶̶p̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶r̶̶̶o̶̶̶m̶̶̶ ̶̶̶c̶̶̶o̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶e̶̶̶c̶̶̶t̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶m̶̶̶̶̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶d̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶o̶t̶s̶̶. I mean because they were quenched in the blood of innocent force younglings.

Sith creatures are an excuse to get more use out of all those D&D figs you got gathering dust. Especially owlbears

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/f/fe/Owlbear.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20070317064203

Because come on if thats not something a bored sith lord wouldn't create for giggles i don't what is
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, now, Owlbears AKA Moonkin are awesome when you can play as a Balance Druid in World of Warcraft. There's nothing like calling down moonbeams from the sky to smite your enemies.

On a related topic, I burned out on WoW last November. My main was a balance druid and I loved playing him, but ever since last November, even the thought of logging back on WoW fills me with a nameless dread that defies all human description. Playing WoW is just so much work now. Truth be told, I'm having much more fun editing the SWD6 fanbooks and replaying all the old Star Wars video games now. I guess WoW's loss is Star Wars' gain, huh?

To answer Savar's question, the D20 Dark Side Sourcebook has alot of goodies including Sith Alchemy. It's a D20 book to be sure, but I have good news: I managed to find conversion rules to D6 for the D20 Sourcebooks that didn't get converted by Gry Sarth. Namely, on a website known as The Rebellion, I copied and pasted the D6 conversion rules for the following D20 sourcebooks: Secrets of Naboo, Secrets of Tatooine, The New Jedi Order Sourcebook, Power of the Jedi Sourcebook and The Dark Side Sourcebook. They're all on docfiles in my Google Docs. Just follow the link in my signature to the Public Stuff> Public Star Wars Stuff> D6 Stats Folder> House Rules Miscellaneous folder. You'll find all the above D20 sourcebooks converted to D6 on docfiles that you can easily download. The Dark Side Sourcebook should have everything you need for D6 Sith Alchemy rules. (Alternatively, the direct link to the House Rules/Misc folder is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By9UuUWWH6CiVEpLM2lhYnJXVFk )

In fact, feel free to explore the whole Public Star Wars folder for anything you might need. That goes for everyone, not just Savar. That's why I put all that crap there. Razz
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Sith alchemy items are an excuse to plagiarize your D&D magic sourcebooks. The only thing thats almost universal with them is they have a penchant for dumping dark side points on you. Why? W̶̶̶e̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶k̶̶̶e̶̶̶e̶̶̶p̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶r̶̶̶o̶̶̶m̶̶̶ ̶̶̶c̶̶̶o̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶e̶̶̶c̶̶̶t̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶m̶̶̶̶̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶d̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶o̶t̶s̶̶. I mean because they were quenched in the blood of innocent force younglings.

You can't have a good sith dungeon without some ad&d monsters.. i mean some sith monsters appearing!
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Hey, now, Owlbears AKA Moonkin are awesome when you can play as a Balance Druid in World of Warcraft. There's nothing like calling down moonbeams from the sky to smite your enemies.

On a related topic, I burned out on WoW last November. My main was a balance druid and I loved playing him, but ever since last November, even the thought of logging back on WoW fills me with a nameless dread that defies all human description. Playing WoW is just so much work now. Truth be told, I'm having much more fun editing the SWD6 fanbooks and replaying all the old Star Wars video games now. I guess WoW's loss is Star Wars' gain, huh?

To answer Savar's question, the D20 Dark Side Sourcebook has alot of goodies including Sith Alchemy. It's a D20 book to be sure, but I have good news: I managed to find conversion rules to D6 for the D20 Sourcebooks that didn't get converted by Gry Sarth. Namely, on a website known as The Rebellion, I copied and pasted the D6 conversion rules for the following D20 sourcebooks: Secrets of Naboo, Secrets of Tatooine, The New Jedi Order Sourcebook, Power of the Jedi Sourcebook and The Dark Side Sourcebook. They're all on docfiles in my Google Docs. Just follow the link in my signature to the Public Stuff> Public Star Wars Stuff> D6 Stats Folder> House Rules Miscellaneous folder. You'll find all the above D20 sourcebooks converted to D6 on docfiles that you can easily download. The Dark Side Sourcebook should have everything you need for D6 Sith Alchemy rules. (Alternatively, the direct link to the House Rules/Misc folder is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By9UuUWWH6CiVEpLM2lhYnJXVFk )

In fact, feel free to explore the whole Public Star Wars folder for anything you might need. That goes for everyone, not just Savar. That's why I put all that crap there. Razz

Vary cool. Thank you.
Now some confusion has been removed. Some of the Sith stuff I was remembering was from my brief run with d20 star wars.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

You can't have a good sith dungeon without some ad&d monsters.. i mean some sith monsters appearing!

Definitely need a Terentatek (aka Sith Umber Hulk from Knights of the Old Republic).

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/c3/Tarentatek_GA.png
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we already had that sith alchemy dragon thread a while back..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also Space Fantasy settings (Warhammer 40,000 is an obvious example) that open the door to "D&D in Space" scenarios. Whether using the Force to create Magic Items or using D&D monster to populate alien worlds or Sith laboratories, the potential is there, and the SWU is certainly big enough to hold them.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit off-topic, but it's related to my earlier post: I just logged back onto WoW for the first time in 10 months a week ago. And my boomkin is my "main" again. I put Main in quotes because I'm not going to be doing serious raiding with my guild anytime soon as I'm still burned out on raiding (but the occasional pug raid is still an option). I'm just gonna concentrate on mount collecting and seeing the lore content. I don't need to do the mythic raids for the loot; I just wanna see how the WoW story continues and I can do LFR or pug normal raids for that.

We now return to our regularly scheduled Star Wars programming.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Definitely need a Terentatek (aka Sith Umber Hulk from Knights of the Old Republic).

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/c3/Tarentatek_GA.png

Bringing this thread back up..

If one was to stat those Terentatek for d6, what would they look like?

I am thinking something like;
Terentatek, Sith Alchemical monster
Size 2-3m
Move 8
Dex 3d. brawl parry 9d, dodge 6d, melee parry 6d, melee combat 6d, running 6d
Know 1d. Languages 4d (S) what ever language the master has 5d
Mech 1d.
Per 3d+2. Search 7d, Sneak 7d
Str 6d+2. Brawl 9d, Burrowing 7d+2, Swimming 7d+2, Stamina 8d+2
Tech 2d+2. First aid 5d (only usable on self)

Huge Tusks, Str+2d+2 damage. If scores a wound or greater, injects a venom that causes 6d damage, lingering in the subject, dropping 1d of damage per round.
Claws, Str+1d+2 damage. Can be used to burrow through solid rock at 4m a round, or 6m through dirt/soil. If claws used in combat score a wound or greater, injects the same venom as their tusks do.
Force resistance. All light side force powers have a +20 difficulty to activate when within 30 meters of a Tenertatek. +30 difficulty if used directly on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: