The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Power Packs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Power Packs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Power Packs Reply with quote

Can anyone recall a time in the OT where they worried about weapons running out of power? Or visibly reloaded or anything of the sort?
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I can't.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the canisters we saw those turbo lasers ejecting in the space battle over Coruscant in Ep 3, no.

BUT that is one reason i actually dislike power packs for blasters and such, having so damn MANY shots. 100 for a single pack for a pistol is way too much.. Even some of the souped up heavies still have 25 shots/50 shots a pack, and lets not get into the 200 shots a pack for most rifles..

IMO it should be 10 shots a pack for MOST heavy pistols, 15 for normal pistols, 20-30 for rifles and carbines, kind of matching earth based weapons.. At least THEN you would have players worrying about running out!
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is similar to my thinking, as well. Some of the most dramatic elements in our games involved the limitations of ammunition.

Our "modified heavy blaster pistols" were doing 6D damage, but ran dry after just four shots. There was a real sense of being in the fight and needing to maximize the worth of each shot.

Although, at the risk of sounding presumptuous, I suspect the OP may be toying with the idea that blasters in SW don't ever run out of ammo...
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
This is similar to my thinking, as well. Some of the most dramatic elements in our games involved the limitations of ammunition.

Our "modified heavy blaster pistols" were doing 6D damage, but ran dry after just four shots. There was a real sense of being in the fight and needing to maximize the worth of each shot.

Although, at the risk of sounding presumptuous, I suspect the OP may be toying with the idea that blasters in SW don't ever run out of ammo...

Not presumptuous, just able to string multiple posts together. Wink

Yeah, it's something I question. We don't really see them changing or reloading power packs, and the large number of shots per pack makes keeping track of them a bit of a pain ("You're carrying 3000 rounds of ammo, which you must expend one at a time.") If you go with the "effectively unlimited" assumption, you drop that bit of bookkeeping while staying with what's in the OT.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 4, stormtrooper leader tells the others to load their weapons before entering docking bay 94. Maybe they're not allowed t walk around populated areas with loaded weapons. Or they needed fresh power packs after shooting up all those jawas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: