The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Trek D6 Conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Star Trek D6 Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Star Trek D6 Conversion Reply with quote

http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Star_Trek

Well i did it. i converted some star trek material over to star wars d6. i also wrote up an explanation of it.
originally posted here:http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Star_Trek#Conversion_Notes rather than writing up a whole new explanation of it all, ill just let you click the links and discover it all on your own.

i was going to just copy and paste the explanation here, but every time i try to, it just shows up blank under a preview. well hope you enjoy.

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your hard work. I just have one question. In TOS the phasers on the Enterprise (Constitution class) had a stun setting, and in the episode "A Piece of the Action" Scotty stunned an entire city block from orbit.

So what are the stats for the Constitution class's stun setting in the star wars universe?
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Thanks for your hard work. I just have one question. In TOS the phasers on the Enterprise (Constitution class) had a stun setting, and in the episode "A Piece of the Action" Scotty stunned an entire city block from orbit.

So what are the stats for the Constitution class's stun setting in the star wars universe?

now, heres the part where trying to get stats for a specifically named and modified ship from TOS runs into a road block. the real issue is that i mainly stuck to the Ship recognition manuals for the ships. as the information for the ships across the 3 systems (FASA, Decipher, & LUG) were all different. they were even different for their own systems as the listing from book to book were different. so, trying to find information regarding a ship scale weapon capable of stunning characters without killing them is going to be extra difficult. more so since the enterprise is a named ship with modifications all over. also, i dont recall reading that starship scale weaponry was capable of stunning. hand held phasers, yes; mounted phasers, yes; emplaced phasers, no; starship phasers, no. now i could go looking through the books all over again looking for the 1-2 line reference stating its capable of such a feat. which could take weeks. if not months. not to sound rude, but im of the opinion that it was a custom modification by scotty at some point upon the stock laser or phasers, depending on when it actually happened. so, until the day comes when and if i find the reference regarding starship scale phasers being capable of stunning characters without killing them, id recommend that you get with your GM and discuss the possibility of modifying it to emit an area of effect stun blast.

sorry, im a little worn out, kid's birthday party is exhausting...

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. I figured it didn't hurt to ask but due to the frequency that Star Trek hard canon gets retconned I assumed it was one of those one episode mcguffins. So I don't expect anyone to bend over backwards to do a ton of extra research

If you ever get to see that episode tho there wasn't any customization being done. (unless it, as you say, was done before the episode) Scotty was on the bridge in the Captain's chair when he got a call from Kirk on the planet. The dialogue went

Kirk: Scotty put the ship's phasers on stun. Fire a burst in a 1 block radius around these coordinates.
Scotty: Right away sir. Scott out.
Scene cuts to planet and we see phasers striking the target and everyone falls down stunned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: