The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Terellian Jango Jumpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Terellian Jango Jumpers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Terellian Jango Jumpers Reply with quote

The first time I saw a Terellian Jango Jumper was in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Lightsaber Lost," and as far as I know, that is their only major appearance.

In the episode, Ahsoka gets her lightsaber nabbed and it eventually ends up in the hands of a Terellian jango jumper named Cassie Cryar. As Ahsoka chases her through the middle levels of Coruscant, it becomes evident that Terellian jango jumpers possess an athleticism that puts them in a similar realm as Jedi when it comes to running and jumping.

I really like the idea that Jedi would be more challenged to catch or fight a Terellian than, say, a Theelin or a Duro. (One of my main annoyances with the SWU is that usually it takes a Force-trained character to challenge another Force-trained character). Anyway, I was thinking Terellians might make worthy adversaries in some situations without needing to be a Jedi or a Sith.

Is there a conversion out there? If not, I can write one myself. They would obviously get a bonus to running/jumping and/or other athletic abilities. Conversely, they appear to be much slimmer than other near-humans, and so would likely receive a penalty when resisting certain weapons.

Anyone?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TERRELIAN JANGO JUMPER
Physical Description: Physical Description: Blue-skinned, red-haired humanoids, Terrelians are gifted with impressive physical abilities that make them natural athletes, included being capable of running great distances at great speeds for long periods of time, and being able to jump vast distances, comparable to the Force-enhanced jumps employed by members of the Jedi Order.
Homeworld: Terrelia
Languages: -
Example Names: Cassie Cryar, Eighth Brother, Lika

TERRELIAN JANGO JUMPER
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 2D/4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 1D/3D
MECHANICAL 1D/3D
PERCEPTION 2D/4D
STRENGTH 2D/4D+2
TECHNICAL 1D/3D
Special Abilities:
Athletic: +2D modifier to running and stamina skill rolls.
Leaper: Terrelian Jango Jumper are amongst the galaxies best jumpers (+3D modifier to jumping skill rolls). The character uses his normal climbing/jumping skill to perform the jump, but uses the special table below to determine difficulties. At the gamemaster’s discretion, a failed climbing/jumping roll might mean the Terrelian Jango Jumper fails to achieve the desired height or distance, fails to properly cushion his landing and suffers normal falling damage, or both.

Height Jumped Jumping Difficulty
0-1 meter Very Easy
1-2 meters Easy
3-4 meters Moderate
5-8 meters Difficult
9-15 meters Very Difficult
16-20 meters Heroic
21-30 meters Heroic+

Add +5 to the difficulty for every additional 5 meters. If the character is simply jumping downwards, with no upwards movement, reduce jumping difficulty by one level. Add +1 to the difficulty per meter of horizontal distance jumped.

Move: 12/14
Size: 1.65-1.75 meters tall, 50 kilograms

Source: Star Wars Rebels 219-220 “Twilight of the Apprentice”, wookieepedia, Star Wars the Roleplaying Game REUP “Force Jump” (p.167), stats by +Oliver Queen.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

At fist glance, my only mods would be to decrease the +2 off the upper limit of STRENGTH to only +1, and I might decrease the difficulties on the meter chart for jumping by one stage or so (i.e. I would change what's listed as a "Very Difficult" jump on the chart to only "Difficult"). The episode "Lightsaber Lost" led me to believe that TJJ's are better jumpers than this template would reflect.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can certainly change it however you like, but keep in mind the jump mechanic is exactly the same as the jumping mechanic for Jedi. If you do change it, you make the species better than Jedi, not equal. As for the STR, I decided on the higher STR because 8th Brother seemed to be quite athletic even for default skills.

Again, please feel free to change or make suggestions.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
You can certainly change it however you like, but keep in mind the jump mechanic is exactly the same as the jumping mechanic for Jedi. If you do change it, you make the species better than Jedi, not equal. As for the STR, I decided on the higher STR because 8th Brother seemed to be quite athletic even for default skills.

Again, please feel free to change or make suggestions.

Ah, I forgot that the Eighth Brother was TJJ. Certainly he would inform the template!

I didn't know the chart was the same system as Jedi. In light of that, I would leave it as-is.

I'm making a TJJ bounty hunter to use as a semi-recurring NPC. This character is going to be designed to be a true sadist and psychopath, who only accepts "Wanted Dead (or Alive)" contracts. She is known to torture her captives relentlessly for both information and pleasure. Anything she obtains thereby she often sells to information brokers, who in turn refer her to new contracts. Known to other bounty hunters as being particularly ruthless, even they avoid her for being too unpredictable.

I want her to be a true threat to anyone who would oppose her in combat, and I didn't want to make her Force-sensitive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: